Tavernier stay or go

BlueEdu

Tavernier - stay or go  

304 members have voted

1. 1. How many of us want tavernier to stay?

• Stay
    • Go now

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Would it fix Tavernier’s problem of giving Celtic, in particular, goals?

He’s been piss poor for months and it’s got fuck all to do with the set up.

Piss poor in GVB’s second season, and slightly better under Beale.

Piss poor under Gerrard in his final season and got dropped for Patterson, improved under GVB, particularly in Europe.

Unreal 55.

Woeful in the covid season.

I'm no sure your point mate. You're pointing out facts about Tav we all know. Nobody is arguing with that. What I'm saying is it's genuinely fucking mad the amount of people that think dropping Tav will fix everything. 

Ok so play sterling right back against the tarriers. Tav won't cost any goals but I guarantee you they still hammer us. 

Everyone was desperate to get rid of Goldson who is probably still better than what we have. Now we want Tav gone outside of a window and to rely on a seemingly injured Sterling who I can't think of playing a good game at right back or a player we've never seen. Again, I agree it's time up for Tav but it weakens us losing a player without a window to replace him.

We should have sold Tav and replaced him. We should have removed the armband off him. He is past it but it's honestly a drop in the ocean of the issues we have including your man Clement and his lack of ability.

3 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Out of curiosity is there an English equivalent of Tav that’s won every major honour in England including the EFL trophy?

Every Man City player has probably done it a few times 😂 

Edit. Oh EFL trophy. Fuck me I’ve just realised that guy was counting the fucking Challenge Cup. Jesus Christ it’s worse than I thought.

55 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm no sure your point mate. You're pointing out facts about Tav we all know. Nobody is arguing with that. What I'm saying is it's genuinely fucking mad the amount of people that think dropping Tav will fix everything. 

Ok so play sterling right back against the tarriers. Tav won't cost any goals but I guarantee you they still hammer us. 

Everyone was desperate to get rid of Goldson who is probably still better than what we have. Now we want Tav gone outside of a window and to rely on a seemingly injured Sterling who I can't think of playing a good game at right back or a player we've never seen. Again, I agree it's time up for Tav but it weakens us losing a player without a window to replace him.

We should have sold Tav and replaced him. We should have removed the armband off him. He is past it but it's honestly a drop in the ocean of the issues we have including your man Clement and his lack of ability.

It wouldn’t fix everything no, but in the last 5/6 months how many stupid goals have we lost down to his poor defending or play in general? 

Selling Goldson was absolutely the right decision, the fact the board/Koppen/Clement have failed to replace him adequately has fucked us.

It’s one of our biggest problems though, consistently shite since March, cost us in multiple games against Celtic in that time, and the worst player in the cup final. 

Should have gone 2 seasons ago,

Positioning always been a weakness.

Engine and goals and assists was his main weapons, now doesn't have the legs.

Player I have liked over the years and sad to see the decline and the clubs reliance on him. 

Mismanaged to a degree. 

Mixed feelings on him leaving if it's under a cloud. 

His time is up and would have preferred a more respectful send off.

He needs to go for his own sake. 

I do really sympathise with him, its been clear for many seasons he is not captain material but yet manager after manager they have made the same mistake in just sticking with the status quo. He is a model professional in terms of how he conducts himself but he just doesnt have the personality, ability and gravitas to be a leader of men and get more from others around him. A lot of the fragility of this teams mentality stems from this. 

i'll be clear i really like Tav as a player, he has consistently been our best player throughout a very difficult and challenging period but if he has the chance to move on then i think it will be best for all parties.

On 02/09/2024 at 17:02, EMRFC said:

He should go but those shouting at him outside Ibrox is fucking embarrassing. He’s a Club legend I don’t care what anyone says.

I agree he shouldn't be shouted at in that manner....however, despite the fact he was a good RB for scoring goals/Penalties in his hey day, I wouldn't be calling him a legend.

He is the absolute worst Captain I have ever known in my existence.

Every other Captain would have fought tooth and nail against the taigs and every other team after them. He is a marshmallow.

He went from hero during 55 to zero. That is the saddest part in this.

He should have left when he was still worth something and still admired by some. 

Dave King has strongly condemned the abuse directed towards Rangers captain James Tavernier in the aftermath of the Old Firm defeat to celtic.

And the former chairman insists current Ibrox chief John Bennett is ‘devastated’ by the malaise that Rangers find themselves in on and off the park this season.

Tensions amongst a simmering support have threatened to boil over following the 3-0 loss that Philippe Clement’s side suffered at Parkhead last weekend. Rangers are five points adrift in the Premiership title race and have missed out on Champions League football following the defeat to Dynamo Kyiv last month.

Chairman Bennett and Clement have come in for criticism in recent weeks but Tavernier bore the brunt of the abuse after the derby defeat. The skipper was confronted by a furious fan as the players left Ibrox last Sunday, while Clement was also involved in heated scenes.

King knows better than most the nature of the Rangers support after leading the boardroom coup in 2015 and serving as chairman for several seasons. And he has called out those who have directed their anger at key Ibrox figures and insisted fans must show their loyalty during these difficult moments.

“It is incredibly disappointing to hear that a small minority of supporters are letting their anger temporarily overcome them to the point of directing personal abuse at our players,” King said in a statement to the Rangers Review.

“We are all immensely disappointed at the performance of our team and its decline since title 55. That, however, is not the fault of the present team or the individual players who were approached to play for the Club (not the other way round) and who are mostly doing their best.

“We all judge player performance - that is part of being an emotional supporter. We wish slower players to be faster, we wish less creative players to be more creative, etc. Ultimately it is the balancing of many factors that create a successful team.

“That is why player recruitment should assess multiple aspects, inter alia, the player’s technical ability, temperament, character (very important at Rangers), leadership, and team compatibility.

“Different skills sets are required to ensure a balance in any successful team. Any player signed by Rangers must assume that he passed that standard and thereafter must perform in accordance with his abilities and the manager’s instructions for any given game. Individual players cannot be held accountable if the combined result of recruitment and team preparation results in poor performance.

“Rangers supporters are loyal supporters. Turning on our captain, who has been 100% loyal to Rangers and (memories are short) repeatedly saved us in key games for a decade, is the opposite of loyalty and I hope that most supporters will join me in condemning such behaviour. Supporter anger should not be directed at our team.

“Our Club finds itself in a largely self-inflicted decline but turning on our own players is not the Rangers way. I know John Bennett is devastated by current events and is working immensely hard behind the scenes. We have a challenging period ahead and need to pull together to get through it.”

Interesting statement, combined result of recruitment and team preparation results in poor performance is thought provoking. Is he saying there’s an issue with how the team is prepared as in style of play and training?

11 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Dave King has strongly condemned the abuse directed towards Rangers captain James Tavernier in the aftermath of the Old Firm defeat to celtic.

And the former chairman insists current Ibrox chief John Bennett is ‘devastated’ by the malaise that Rangers find themselves in on and off the park this season.

Tensions amongst a simmering support have threatened to boil over following the 3-0 loss that Philippe Clement’s side suffered at Parkhead last weekend. Rangers are five points adrift in the Premiership title race and have missed out on Champions League football following the defeat to Dynamo Kyiv last month.

Chairman Bennett and Clement have come in for criticism in recent weeks but Tavernier bore the brunt of the abuse after the derby defeat. The skipper was confronted by a furious fan as the players left Ibrox last Sunday, while Clement was also involved in heated scenes.

King knows better than most the nature of the Rangers support after leading the boardroom coup in 2015 and serving as chairman for several seasons. And he has called out those who have directed their anger at key Ibrox figures and insisted fans must show their loyalty during these difficult moments.

“It is incredibly disappointing to hear that a small minority of supporters are letting their anger temporarily overcome them to the point of directing personal abuse at our players,” King said in a statement to the Rangers Review.

“We are all immensely disappointed at the performance of our team and its decline since title 55. That, however, is not the fault of the present team or the individual players who were approached to play for the Club (not the other way round) and who are mostly doing their best.

“We all judge player performance - that is part of being an emotional supporter. We wish slower players to be faster, we wish less creative players to be more creative, etc. Ultimately it is the balancing of many factors that create a successful team.

“That is why player recruitment should assess multiple aspects, inter alia, the player’s technical ability, temperament, character (very important at Rangers), leadership, and team compatibility.

“Different skills sets are required to ensure a balance in any successful team. Any player signed by Rangers must assume that he passed that standard and thereafter must perform in accordance with his abilities and the manager’s instructions for any given game. Individual players cannot be held accountable if the combined result of recruitment and team preparation results in poor performance.

“Rangers supporters are loyal supporters. Turning on our captain, who has been 100% loyal to Rangers and (memories are short) repeatedly saved us in key games for a decade, is the opposite of loyalty and I hope that most supporters will join me in condemning such behaviour. Supporter anger should not be directed at our team.

“Our Club finds itself in a largely self-inflicted decline but turning on our own players is not the Rangers way. I know John Bennett is devastated by current events and is working immensely hard behind the scenes. We have a challenging period ahead and need to pull together to get through it.”

Interesting statement, combined result of recruitment and team preparation results in poor performance is thought provoking. Is he saying there’s an issue with how the team is prepared as in style of play and training?

Dave, how about signing players who can do the basic skills like trap a ball and don't needlessly kick it out of play whilst paying them 28k a week? 

They deserve all the criticism they get and if they can't take it, they don't have the balls to play for a massive club like Rangers.