When and how do you think we will dominate Scottish football again

When and how as the title says we will get our rightfully place in Scotland back. 

For me 

When I can't see it for another 5-6 years if lucky 

Solution. We need to hope the younger players bought like cortes and Barron etc keep fit and hope the board strike the iron when bids come on over 10m+ like that rhat mob.

And then reinvest in the squad with better quality. Sell for example Barron (not saying the now) for 15m reinvest in a better quality of player at 10m still in profit of 5m so on so on

As it is the now only diamonde and Barron is looking like 10m+ players 

We will need a board that would be strong and astute and fighting for Rangers. 

The board would have to ask uefa to look into the pro celtic bias and incompetent of refs in Scotland 

We need to try and attract Saudi or qutari oil  investors to buy in. 

The pain to say is sell the naming rights to ibrox to the likes of emrites etc and use sponsorship money to rebuild the stadium to 70k (while the rebuild is happening on the pitch the rebuild iff the stadium commences) there can be a way to do this with reduces capacity so we don't need to move out of ibrox like they are doing at the emirites 

Set up a ppv channel for all our games with money going into the club. 

Please give your thoughts 

It turned quickly around before but the game was different back then. If you don't win the league in this country you are basically fucked money wise.

The financial gap between the teams is colossal just now and will continue to grow the better they get in Europe. 

Unless we get serious investment, a new board and a decent player model implemented we won't be back to the top for a very long time.

We had our chance to kick on and fucked it so much so it's set us back donkey years.

Under the current leadership we are set up to just make up the numbers while they take home our money.

It's a tough road back and will require an awful lot of skill and luck - two things we've been in short supply of for years.

In addition to increasing our revenues, we need to see celtic losing out on cash. Effectively, we need to be qualifying for Europe (ideally the CL) or having deep runs in the EL whilst they continue to fail. The loss of the automatic qualifying spot will probably be helpful to us in this regard.

Make no mistake, though. It's much more likely that they utterly dominate us with us winning the occasional title (a la Bayern and Dortmund or PSG and anyone else) than us flipping it around. I think the best we can realistically hope for s a return to Alex McLeish/Walter Smith era where it was about 50/50 in terms of league titles over the roughly ten year period.

We were close to them on the park last year, but that gap has widened this summer and early into the season.

Only a change in ownership can change the order fast otherwise, it will take some time.

Still, football is a strange game to predict. You never know and that is why you support through thick and thin.

The first thing to do is go on a long Europa run to generate money and confidence whilst not going further behind before the next OF game. I'm not confident we can do that with our players and European opposition.

40 minutes ago, King Jela said:

It's a funny old game and can turn quick. 

Unless I'm wrong, I believe the automatic CL spot is taken away from the league winners this season. That'll have been a massive factor in Rodgers going back to the scum on just the 3 year deal. I'm pretty sure a couple of free cracks at the Champions League would've played a big part in him going back. 

I think he'll be offski next summer after they run away with it this season. His stock will be relatively high again and there'll be no real reason for him to risk any reputation damage with another season at them, especially with no guaranteed champions league football. 

And without that guaranteed income from automatic qualification, they'll most likely need to downsize themselves, which cuts the gap considerably. 

We just need to make sure we're in a place where we can take advantage of any opportunity we get.

You're missing out the point where us finishing 2nd no longer guarantees us Europa League football and makes it significantly more difficult to get into the CL.

They're 1 round from the Champions League and are guaranteed Europa League. We're 3 rounds from the CL and guaranteed the Conference League.

It will impact us significantly too.

Anything can happen very quickly

If Rodgers and a few players leave, run out of automatic CL money that Scotland will lose anyway then the tide can turn.

Rodgers was obviously too good for Scottish football in his first stint, they then got "lucky"/did well bringing Postecoglu in and then unfortunately for us they managed to get Rodgers back again. Hopefully for us their next managerial appointment won't be so good and that can change a lot. 

We need to combine that with having a good manager and a few top drawer players of our own

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

There's nobody in the investor group with the appetite to invest the kind of money the club needs to re-address the balance. We absolutely fucked it after 55 and the only way we really get back into it now is i) a small equity event where we bring on a new bunch of investors or the club is sold; or ii) celtic absolutely fuck it all up 

We fucked it after 55, but the biggest fuck up was after the Europa League final.

We brought in a lot of money from that, our stock was as high as it's even been so should have allowed us to attract players we might have struggled to previously, we brought in £30m from Bassey and Aribo and we then qualified for the CL which brought in even more money.

We won the fucking lottery in that 6 month period and absolutely fucked it. 

1 minute ago, Somemightsay7 said:

We fucked it after 55, but the biggest fuck up was after the Europa League final.

We brought in a lot of money from that, our stock was as high as it's even been so should have allowed us to attract players we might have struggled to previously, we brought in £30m from Bassey and Aribo and we then qualified for the CL which brought in even more money.

We won the fucking lottery in that 6 month period and absolutely fucked it. 

Agreed

As much as I really like NEH, I'm not sure it was worth the £12m we ended up spending on it. 

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

There's nobody in the investor group with the appetite to invest the kind of money the club needs to re-address the balance. We absolutely fucked it after 55 and the only way we really get back into it now is i) a small equity event where we bring on a new bunch of investors or the club is sold; or ii) celtic absolutely fuck it all up 

This is it for me. It's bleak as fuck. We had a window of opportunity where things aligned, and then we blew it. Now investors are maxed out and seem unwilling to operate as a serious football club, while the scum are unlikely to make the same mistake again. After selling Bassey and Aribo, we didn't back it up by doing it again. They have a proven track record of selling EPL ready players over the past decade that we simply don't.

It can turn around quickly, but it requires something out of the ordinary to happen on the investment front. 

23 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

You're missing out the point where us finishing 2nd no longer guarantees us Europa League football and makes it significantly more difficult to get into the CL.

They're 1 round from the Champions League and are guaranteed Europa League. We're 3 rounds from the CL and guaranteed the Conference League.

It will impact us significantly too.

Not at all, I'm well aware of all that. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Unless I'm wrong, I believe the automatic CL spot is taken away from the league winners this season. That'll have been a massive factor in Rodgers going back to the scum on just the 3 year deal. I'm pretty sure a couple of free cracks at the Champions League would've played a big part in him going back. 

I think he'll be offski next summer after they run away with it this season. His stock will be relatively high again and there'll be no real reason for him to risk any reputation damage with another season at them, especially with no guaranteed champions league football. 

And without that guaranteed income from automatic qualification, they'll most likely need to downsize themselves, which cuts the gap considerably. 

We just need to make sure we're in a place where we can take advantage of any opportunity we get.

Nice one mate.
That was my thoughts exactly.
A couple of seasons and it's back to eachy peachy level chances. 
With their horrendous record in europe makes it even funny.  

I dont think we ever dominate Scottish football again unless we're bought by someone who is willing to invest a lot of money, or find investors who are. 

As things stand, we'll win a few cups here and there and pick up a league every now and again if the stars align, maybe. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

I think you’re probably right, and that’s really fucking annoying as we had such a great chance of wiping the smug grin from the cunt’s face last season.

Currently the reality is we’ll have a fight on our hands stopping them doing 10 in a row. We might get lucky and have a one off season where they implode and we manage to sneak it. Under this current ownership we’ll be about 20 trophies behind the scum over the next 7/8 years. These cunts like the Parks and Bennet need fucking hounded before the damage done is irreversible.