*****The Official Rangers v Lyon Match Thread*****

4 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Both CB's were diving in and over committing all night, fucking kids get screamed at by their coaches for this shit. These cunts are supposed to be professional footballers by fuck. 

Because they were completely exposed because we don’t have a number 6. 

Barron will cope against most of the SPFL (but he’ll get exposed in OF games), but he was out of his depth tonight. Add that we had Lawrence who doesn’t give you any defensive cover and Diomande who’s more of an 8, it’s no surprise our CBs were having to constantly push up and dive in a bit. 

4 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Clement needs to rip up whatever plan he had for the season and start again. Mentally fragile, slow and technically average almost to a man. 

This season’s done and even the crowd have chucked it.  Get Kasanwijro, Sterling, fuck sake even Lovelace and Igamane into the mix. Dowell, Cerny, Dessers, Lawrence, and Tavernier are clearly miles away from what we need.

Clement needs to rip up his contract,  end of.

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Lyon obviously more than deserved winners but we played well in spells and undoubtedly should have had more than one goal.

Ref was shocking too.

To Rangers credit they did try to go forward right till the end . I've seen us lose where we wouldn't cross the halfway line , that wasn't the case here . 

However the gap in class is terrifying . They're slick , fast and move forward at every opportunity.  We are far too slow , we take three passes when one would do , and far too often play sideways or backwards killing any momentum . Worse still , we do this playing Scottish teams , never mind the best in Europe .

We're also , poor at finishing , absolutely wasteful . 

Rant over . 

Just now, Fear no foe said:

Just have to come to terms with the fact that Rangers Thursdays are a thing of the past now.

Just like pretty much everything associated with us that used to be good.

7 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Clement needs to rip up whatever plan he had for the season and start again. Mentally fragile, slow and technically average almost to a man. 

This season’s done and even the crowd have chucked it.  Get Kasanwijro, Sterling, fuck sake even Lovelace and Igamane into the mix. Dowell, Cerny, Dessers, Lawrence, and Tavernier are clearly miles away from what we need.

I don't think Phil has ever had a plan. 

There’s no doubting Leon’s team was far superior, I actually didn’t know their team until two mins before KO and couldn’t believe some of the quality they had. 

That being said, we take that inexplicable sitter the game is much tighter. Probably would still have been beaten but by one or two you can accept that will happen from time to time. 

GD is so important in this setup and we shat the bed big time tonight.  

As soon as we come up against a decent team we’ve no chance 

Barron was horrendous ,and another player who  can’t take it from the fans ,,propper turns to the Copland and shakes his head after heading it out for a corner when he heard some murmurings ! Just another dud in the long line of them 

Just now, kelvd1873 said:

Clement is a real worry. Not liking what I’m seeing although I can admit Lyon are a better outfit in general. 

I’ve backed him all the way and I greatly appreciate the work he did in clearing out so many duds and bringing the squad age down.

However, we should still have been more effective tonight, even allowing for the gulf in class.

I think back to beating Bayern and Juventus (both were effectively the core of their national teams) not because we had better players but because we played to our strengths - we showed respect, not fear.

We’re in a really bad place and it will take a long time to recover.

Whilst there’s an obvious financial gulf, the way they are coached along with that quality led to us being absolutely schooled tonight.  With our domestic financial gulf (mhanky mob apart), we should be playing like that in the league vs teams way below us yet we labour to wins at weekends against utter dross in our league. There is no way Clement has us playing like that against Hivs, St. Johnstone, etc. Said before, you’d think our team had met in the dressing room an hour before kick off, we’re very lucky our league is indeed garbage. 

No identity. 
No passion. 
No anger. 

top to bottom no one gives a fuck about results, as long as their cheque clears they’re happy. 

they may play for Rangers, but this is miles away from a Rangers team, and they deserve every bit of criticism our fans send their way. 

should be reimbursing every fan who paid to watch that shit, take it out of the players wages. Unacceptable.