*****The Official Rangers v St Johnstone Match Thread*****

Just now, Blue72 said:

Of course - I don’t have a lot of evidence it’ll all fall into place but either it will in the next 6-8 weeks or the board will probably have to act 

5 pts behind them and Aberdeen after 7 games, 13 goals worse on GD…

We can only hope mate 😉🫡👍

1 minute ago, Jelle1880 said:

He wishes he could take me, I'll smash his cunt in

He just DMd me saying he'll meet you at the wee Tesco's for a square go and you've to bring your da. Also said that's actually you in your profile picture. Hard a.f imo

Screenshot_20241006-220617.png

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

Clicking once every 6 weeks is not good enough at Rangers, either as a team or as individuals.

Someone said it - sorry can't be bothered looking back at who - even when we had players like Laudrup etc we still had games where we struggled through. Some of the best football I've ever seen us play was under Advocaat and even then there would be matches we scraped past. Problem is, scrapping past is the norm now and we don't even get a show. 

Obviously the standard has fallen talent wise but the standard of the whole league has fallen. We just don't seem capable of reaching any heights of anything at all. 

5 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Midfield is fine tbh, its the attack that needs to click, we need something better up front than what we have, and a number ten who won't drop 30 yards for the fucking ball

Agreed on the attack but what service did they get tonight?. St. Johnstone keeper hardly tested. We should be peppering their goal with shots from middle and front. Just not happening.

11 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

I just don’t understand right now why every pass we make is a bit slack - every attack breaks down from someone playing a fairly easy pass slightly short or slightly long and we lose momentum.  We look fairly unfit as well. 

Just need to wait for the manager to notice it and feel the need to coach it out of them.

Any week now, I'm sure.

Final third is still our glaring problem. Dessers' does not do nearly enough without the ball to help link up play.

If by some miracle we do get the ball to him, he isn't in the right place and often fails to control the ball.

Igamane doesn't look much better.

We could have 4 players up there with Bajrami' talent but unless your striker gets involved or are clinical in their finish we will continue to toil.

McCausland doesn't do anywhere near enough for me. I said it at HT. As soon as he went off Jefte ended up higher up the pitch and we immediately became more dangerous. It is not a coincidence.

1 minute ago, Redmond7 said:

Someone said it - sorry can't be bothered looking back at who - even when we had players like Laudrup etc we still had games where we struggled through. Some of the best football I've ever seen us play was under Advocaat and even then there would be matches we scraped past. Problem is, scrapping past is the norm now and we don't even get a show. 

Obviously the standard has fallen talent wise but the standard of the whole league has fallen. We just don't seem capable of reaching any heights of anything at all. 

I agree, taking off my nostalgia rose tinted spectacles, there has always been turgid performances in any season, even treble winning seasons, but they were few and far between, we just seem to get them alot more nowadays. Following Rangers, has always been about the winning, but let's not forget most fans want to see good football and be entertained.

It's just boring as fuck tbh

1 minute ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Agreed on the attack but what service did they get tonight?. St. Johnstone keeper hardly tested. We should be peppering their goal with shots from middle and front. Just not happening.

We had 21 efforts on goal tonight with 6 on target, front 4 had plenty service they are just shit, dessera should have had 2 goals tonight again

7 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

This is the first team where you genuinely wonder where the individual talent is, bajrami was touted as that player and hasnt clicked yet, but we dont have that player who'll provide individual brilliance to unlock teams, score wonder goals from nothing etc

9iar era, advocaats era, ecks era, plg era, walters 2nd era, all the way up to admin we had a laudrup, gio, albertz, de boer, Ferguson, prso, jelavic, mendes etc

Since admin its all been about the whole team thing, even (and I'll probably regret saying this) someone like kent, a young winger full of bravado who wants to rip cunts apart, what do we do, play him as an inside 10 so barisic can try so what kent wants to do

3 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

This is the first team where you genuinely wonder where the individual talent is, bajrami was touted as that player and hasnt clicked yet, but we dont have that player who'll provide individual brilliance to unlock teams, score wonder goals from nothing etc

9iar era, advocaats era, ecks era, plg era, walters 2nd era, all the way up to admin we had a laudrup, gio, albertz, de boer, Ferguson, prso, jelavic, mendes etc

Since admin its all been about the whole team thing, even (and I'll probably regret saying this) someone like kent, a young winger full of bravado who wants to rip cunts apart, what do we do, play him as an inside 10 so barisic can try so what kent wants to do

And even in the bad times when I was growing up late seventies, eighties etc, we still had players like Cooper, Russell who could turn on a show and you could get a wee bit excited for a while. I dont feel that with this team - we can say the manager needs time, doesnt have the talent etc etc but it seems to me he doesnt even get the basics. All managers have their favourite players that sometimes makes the fans mad, but Clements favourites are just weird. 

Now Bajrami might well become the player that you think wow I cant wait to see him play, Kasanwirjo might be a player, Barron has shown glimpes of a decent - if not particularly exciting - player. But thats all if and buts and we're still waiting. We've never been a patient bunch at the best of times.

26 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

I think the difference when harking back to those times, is that the squad then was full of players whose pedigrees & capabilities were well known, and you had a confidence that we’d work our way out of difficulty eventually.

Part of the thrill & interest was seeing how we got ourselves out of tight spots.

Can’t say I have any confidence that the current bunch will replicate that.

Not long home

Another poor showing from us which is becoming the norm.

Middle to front we are awful - Dessers contributes very little, even if he’s not scoring his holdup and link play is non existent

Still think there’s a player in Bajrami but he’s not got the right setup around him

Tav at RW with Kasanwijro or Sterling RB is a must moving forward