Philippe Clement views amongst the support post-Kilmarnock

crmpicco

Philippe Clement  

224 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do?

• Keep him
    • Sack him

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 22/10/24 at 21:05

Fortunately for Clement, there isn't really a board to make this decision.

There's no way an interim Chairman/CEO sacks him IMO. Especially with the finances involved to remove Clement and his team. 

This is an absolute shambles of multiple proportions that's going to take years to fix. Again.

1 minute ago, Lautaro said:

If the sheep beat us i'd like  the board to go for their manager

Why? He’s only been in charge of them for five minutes. That’s the sort of short sightedness that we would usually slate the board for.

4 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Fortunately for Clement, there isn't really a board to make this decision.

There's no way an interim Chairman/CEO sacks him IMO. Especially with the finances involved to remove Clement and his team. 

This is an absolute shambles of multiple proportions that's going to take years to fix. Again.

We don't do fuck ups by half eh.

But, your right, it's a complete clusterfuck of mega proportions.

The mismanagement since May 2021 has been enormous.

3 minutes ago, Lautaro said:

5 minutes and he's turned them round,we went 2 down at Parkheid and we all knew the game was over they went 2 down came back and almost won the game

So “managed a draw at Parkhead” is the criteria for a Rangers manager now is it?  :lol: 

I’m not saying he doesn’t look like a good appointment, but wanting him to manage us on the back of a strong start in the league is utterly ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

So “managed a draw at Parkhead” is the criteria for a Rangers manager now is it?  :lol: 

I’m not saying he doesn’t look like a good appointment, but wanting him to manage us on the back of a strong start in the league is utterly ridiculous.

Been thinking the same, let's see where the sheep end up at the end of the season. 

Mcinnes has been round long enough and appears a reasonably priced steady hand. We also need to start signing Scottish guys for less money as importing relatively expensive foreign players does not seem to be working. We could get basically the same results for a lesser spend by getting in the best Scottish players early. 

8 minutes ago, Lautaro said:

5 minutes and he's turned them round,we went 2 down at Parkheid and we all knew the game was over they went 2 down came back and almost won the game

In 2023 Barry Robson took over as caretaker manager and led Aberdeen to seven straight wins; He won the Scottish Premiership Manager of the Month and beat us 2-0 during that spell.

Should we go for him?

I know in an ideal world you’d want the CEO, Football Ops, Head of Academy etc all in place before the manager - but ultimately at a football club all the really matters is winning on the park.

Needs to go, and needs to go now. We’ll wait until at least being beaten off Aberdeen though.

And not to keep going back to the Postecoglu stuff, but he came in and turned them round while they were a shambles on and off the park as well. A good manager who gets the best out a squad covers many sins.

Whoever it is absolutely has to have an attack minded, high intensity, high pressure game plan / style. We can’t go down the ‘pragmatic’ route again, when the blueprint for success in this league is sitting across the city from us.

Muscat seems the obvious choice, but fuck knows really.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I know in an ideal world you’d want the CEO, Football Ops, Head of Academy etc all in place before the manager - but ultimately at a football club all the really matters is winning on the park.

Needs to go, and needs to go now. We’ll wait until at least being beaten of Aberdeen.

And not to keep going back to the Postecoglu stuff, but he came in and turned them round while they were a shambles on and off the park as well. A good manager who gets the best out a squad covers many sins.

Whoever it is absolutely has to have an attack minded, high intensity, high pressure game plan / style. We can’t go down the ‘pragmatic’ route again, when the blueprint for success in this league is sitting across the city from us.

Muscat seems the obvious choice, but fuck knows really.

Muscat ticks all those boxes.

13 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

When was the last time we managed a draw ??

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

In 2023 Barry Robson took over as caretaker manager and led Aberdeen to seven straight wins; He won the Scottish Premiership Manager of the Month and beat us 2-0 during that spell.

Should we go for him?

Did he have a proven track record with others ? I'm not saying the guy is the new Pep but he seems to know what he's doing with a club with not much money

4 hours ago, Lautaro said:

When was the last time we managed a draw ??

That’s irrelevant to the conversation. Getting a draw at their dump is not enough for somebody to be given the Rangers managers job, it’s nowhere near enough. Would you want Steven MacLean, Stuart Kettlewell or Derek McInnes, who all managed to get draws at Parkhead last season?

We got badly stung with appointing a manager who had made a strong start at a club over a small sample size of games with Michael Beale, why anybody would want us to repeat that mistake again is completely bizarre to me.

36 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Where's the evidence for McInnes playing progressive, attacking football that plays through teams set up with a low block? 

This assumption that sacking Clemete,  McInnes would be the preferred choice is foolish.

This is the same guy who said 'no thank' you years ago, so what would he see in this club now, especially the way things are with the Board, to convince him to take the job now if it was offered?

We are probably in a worse state now than where we were all those years ago.

We are a shit show-run club, everything we do or touch is toxic but we are still Glasgow Rangers and we should never consider anyone who previously and publically slapped us in the face

I’d be all for keeping him and ending this cycle of sacking managers if I could seen any iota of progress/a system / passion or just something to get behind but I don’t.

Has to go

3 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I understand there's an element of difficulty in managing us at the minute (High player turnover, wage reduction, etc), but you can't really accept what is being served up by Clement now.

Aberdeen are 6 points and 2 goals better off than us. Even Dundee United are right on our tail, behind by a point and 3 goals.

He absolutely should be getting more out of the players at his disposal. Only a matter of time now, I'd imagine. 

Was always on the side of defending him, but there's zero credit in the bank now. Shit football. Shit mentality. Shit lineups. Shit subs. No excuses.

That’s where I’m at. I can understand where we are at but we aren’t seeing anything to suggest that Clement deserves the opportunity to oversee the rebuild.

Its not really just about being behind the taigs and the sheep, if there was some kind of game plan, if he was blooding youngsters from the academy, if you could see a direction we were going in, you might accept ok that takes a wee while to get going. Its not like he's just come here in the summer, hes been here a year now and there is no progression whatsoever. We've cleared out most of the players we labelled as losers and bottlers, but there is still no fight, no guile in this team. The manager plays the same 'style' match after match, even when its clearly not working, never changes the shape during the match. A blind man (or woman) can see that Dessers is not a striker - he might get the odd goal but he is not leading a forward line for a title chasing team. The captain has needed replaced for virtually the whole time clements been here, but no lets keep playing him despite saying he's been over played and needs a rest. 

The set pieces are joke, Tav takes virtually everything, its slow labourious and how often from our own set plays does the ball end up back at our keeper. Clement cant seem to see the glaring inefficiencies in the side, because if he did he would change it. He claims he doesnt single players out, then after the Kilmarnock game he singles players out. The guys a fraud and charlatan just like the fraud before him.

Its not the fans place to decide who replaces him and whether we can afford it. The real question is whether we can afford not to, because if he stays long term we're fucked and in the end we still end up having to sack him. Better now than later imo. Theres no point flogging a dead horse and clements a dead man walking. Another season we have to write off. Absolute joke.

4 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

According to @B1872, several ex players that know muscat say that ship has sailed. Only seen craig Moore myself but who knows.

There’s a big difference in saying you would turn us down and actually turning us down, he’s currently in China ffs, if he had any sort of ambition he’d be looking at us as a huge opportunity to not only turn us around but then follow Postecoglu to the EPL

38 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

See about 9 people saying keep him yet not one post from them justifying why we should.

People can point at the board, the players, the finances but this comes down to one manager with a plethora of multi million pound players against a manager(s) with less than half that. It comes down to an inability to understand how to attack and create chances. An inability to change a constantly failing way of playing football. Being outplayed by the likes of Naismith.

You can fix all the board issues tonight, that doesn't mean tomorrow Clement will all of a sudden learn how to set up a team.

I polled to keep him simply because there are so many empty positions in our club adding to them isn’t going to help atm.  Doesn’t mean I’m blind to what we’re all watching, which is as bad as I’ve ever seen, but as others have said get the new board in and let them pick their man. Last thing we need atm is to add to the chaos.

The club have got themselves into a really tight spot on this.

Sacking him means we have to find a lot of cash for both him and his staff. That will eat into the very little of the football budget we have. It would mean the club has no manager, no CEO, no chairman, no DOF, no head of academy, with the head of football ops about to leave too. 

If we bring in a caretaker into that environment it will likely end up worse than Murty. And if we appoint someone permanently right away they will be done by May in the eyes of the support too. Rinse and repeat next October.

Clement was already frustrated, and the club agreed with him, that he was doing more than a modern day manager needs to do at a football club. And that was last season with having a chairman, CEO etc. So who in their right mind would take the job as is at the moment.

On the flip side I think he's probably lost or is on the verge of losing the dressing room. If he has he probably can't continue. If he stays and the results continue to flatline the toxicity in the support will just get worse.