Burnley At Ibrox 21St July

People should remember this is MW schedule. He planned the preparations for the season to give the team the best chance of doing well.

I think it's called the 'bigger picture'.

We have more important things to be worrying about than if fans down south, like myself, have a more accessible friendly game.

Can understand fans frustration but the team being Ready for the start of the season is the only thing that matters here.

If MW wants this kind of preseason then so be it. He has to build this team from the bare bones and get a new system drilled in to the players.

There are plenty of fans down South who usually have to travel hundereds of miles to games who are missing out

There is more fans up here though, if the game goes down there its a joke for most of us and if its up here its a joke for most of them.

People saying away game down South would disrupt the preparation. It takes the same time to get to the north of England as it does to Aberdeen or Inverness.

Wouldn't be that much of a disruption. Even if it was a wee trip to Middlesbrough, maybe even wee Dick could've sorted out Sunderland for us. It would be good for the fans.

If you think they're not that important to the fans then I'm guessing you weren't at the last 3 trips down south. These trips are a good substitute for the fans who usually travel abroad to watch us in Europe.

Wee bit gutted there is no England away game especially as I missed the last 2 because I was on holiday and actually booked my holiday later this year so I could go to it :lol:

However looking at the bigger picture, would I rather be playing a pre sesson game in England and still have mccoist in charge? Fuck no.

I also quite like the idea of behind closed doors games, means hibs will only have one opportunity to see how we set up

I think a lot of people are missing the point with the fans who are a bit unhappy about getting no trip away this year, they typical fan who'll go to these away "jolly's" are the type of fans who travel everywhere through thick and thin following Rangers, the fans who would be doing us proud signing non stop in obscure destinations as well as flashy ones in the Champions League, fans have been starved of those European ventures for a few years now, this wasn't a gradual decline of a Football Club that saw us over the course of 7-8-9-10 years drift into obscurity of the lower Scottish Leagues, we went from qualifying for the Europa League at least by default (we'd always be top two historically) so even a shite Season meant EL Football for the following year to nothing but the thought of going to all these wee teams grounds in random wee towns and villages all over Scotland

The fans have been brilliant since 2012 and while a lot have drifted away we are still very well supported, after the crap of the last year I think ut would have been a nice touch to get a gig down in England, even against Blackpool or Preston, a game the fans could get motivated and rejuvenated by...

I have absolutely no problem with taking a modest approach to Pre Season after the debacle last year but the other aspect of this probably hasnt been taken into consideration is how valuable an away fixture can be, I'd not underestimate how showing 5/6/7 new signings the pull of Glasgow Rangers by havingour fans pack out a stadium in another Country for a friendly, I think that could help build a bond and unity between the fans and the new Team of players & management

I disagree

Rangers more than any club know how important it is this the fans to get a trip away down south.

Our show of support is a sight to behold and a strength of how big our club is

Ask Wednesday fans etc

We won a lot of support over the years through friendlies in England

Always been that way for as long as I've been following

Players preparation is far more important than fans getting a piss up down south

Bearing in mind that Rangers' season didn't finish until May 31st, the uncertainty on who the manager would be and pre-season starting 27 days later, it would be impossible to have a fully-formed pre-season scheduled. The new management working on the basis of a pre-season drafted up by somebody else wouldn't work.

By and large, bounce games aren't ideal, but Mark Warburton is working within the timeframe allotted to him. He does know Sean Dyche well, so it's no surprise that we've got a friendly lined up against Burnley. It'll be a decent game.

FYI I just logged on to check the stadium plan to see how sales were looking and I have the option to pick a burnley ticket up now

Aye mate I just noticed I had an email yesterday saying that money will be coming out my account today on the CCCS for it.