We need a manager

28 minutes ago, jim beam said:

IMO if we keep Murty after the season ends it will be utter madness,they went down too ten men and Rodgers instantly changed the shape and formation and put a forward player on,he took a punt which worked in his favour.

Murty stood with his thumb up his arse and his brain in neutral and we looked lost,he should have changed it then and went for the kill.

He is far better than the previous three duds and I thank him for that but We as a club need a proven management team for next season otherwise we will be second to them again.

I have to actually agree with what you have said. When you look at the tactical side of things did Murty do enough I would agree no. 

I seriously think we have seriously improved in the last 3/5 months. I think we are heading in right direction. I am scared that we change again and end up where we were 6 month ago. My believe that I have seen enough since Murty appointment to feel it’s our best chance of moving forward. 

We could if won todays game and if we did everyone would be on the Murty band wagon ?

I do agree with your view thou and can see what your meaning.

I like Murty and I think he has potential as a manager but his inexperience showed again today and it cost us.

If we don’t keep him past the Summer it might upset the players because it’s clear that they like him, but at the same time do we have time to be patient and let him earn experience as a manager?

Just now, DBBTB said:

I like Murty and I think he has potential as a manager but his inexperience showed again today and it cost us.

If we don’t keep him past the Summer it might upset the players because it’s clear that they like him, but at the same time do we have time to be patient and let him earn experience as a manager?

We are not stopping them with this guy in charge..........

Murty is an inexperienced manager trying to make his way with the spotlight on him and every mistake will be highlighted this doesn't make him a bad manager just inexperienced, if given the same scenario in the semi I would bet he would go two up top straight away. Can he get better, I think he can, will he get the time, I very much doubt it, but one thing for sure this team is screaming out for is stability so if its not going to be Murty then the next guy has to be thee one.

31 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

We need to make the right decision for the club regardless of how likeable a guy Murty is and however much potential he may have as a coach for the future 

I like him the same as pretty much everyone but there's no room for sentiment 

Murty has the potential to be a good manager,, he just needs to learn his trade.  Unfortunately we simply dont have the time to just sit around and wait on that,, not if we want to stop 10- iar .  Bringing in a new manager tho has major risks as well,, a new guy could come in and change things and if it didn't work out set us right back again,,, again we just dont have that kind of time for risks like that.  We need to make the right decision this time for the club going forward.  Caixinha was the last gamble we should be making at this stage, as I honestly dont feel we are that far off from what would be required for 55.

As much as the man has done more than enough to deserve to be left alone, I really feel honestly asking Walter to come back, in some sort of role (perhaps not even Manager but a staff role of some sort) really needs to be considered.  Can anyone on here think of anyone better who could come in and work with that current squad,, who could act as some kind of mentor for Murty,, and above all who would get results ???

He is a Rangers Man through and through and as such like the rest of us I am sure will not want to see them get 10 in a row either.  He was recently linked with the Scotland Job ,,so perhaps he has hinted at being prepared to go back into some form of management.

If the man is prepared to and is interested,, then get him in for next season ASAP.

Keep Murty,, bring in Walter,, and next season we win the league.

Anything or anyone else is a gamble IMO

2 hours ago, Ready91 said:

*we only lost by one goal to 10 men with 30 minutes to go against a pile of shite. 

Windass anonymous for 88 minutes. Plays full 90. MURTYS fault.

Cummings getting less than 20 minutes when we've an extra man. MURTYS fault.

Losing the game in the midfield. NO tactical changes. MURTYS fault. 

Get us a real fucking manager. 

Nail on head.

2 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Fair point but Walter would dig out results with everything against us and it's a manager of a similar stature we need.

For Murty to be given the manager's job with virtually no experience was a white flag from the board demonstrating their comfort with being second or third best in Scotland.

And who did Walter manage before Rangers ? 

Murty is not to blame for today’s result .

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The game was ours for the taking. They immediately changed shape and personnel to adapt to the red card. 

We should have adapted our shape if not personnel then too and our failure to do so has cost us.

And why when a 3rd down is Cummings not on straight away ffs .

If you can put yourself through a re run of the last twenty you'll find our problem was not shape but quality. The amount of overhit passes and crosses was criminal and if our striker can't be trusted from two yards then it doesn't matter a fuck which way we're set up.

Even if we somehow get past them in the semi, and win the cup, it's apparent Murty ain't got the magic touch we need yet to get a strongly motivated and consistent  team. 

We need a manager, but woud keep Murty too, for the future, I believe he possibly has the potential in the future that the likes of McCoist and McCall didn't have.

2 hours ago, duffy2391 said:

You’s can all fuck off. Players didn’t show up today. Not the manager. The Scottish cup will dictate where he lands.

The manager was the biggest bottler inside Ibrox.

What did he do at ten men again?

Cummings on with 17 minutes to go!

He could have  Windass off after his goal, as we all new how it was going to go after that. A man down!

Morelos could have gone at half time. Utter pish yet again. 9 million, aye? 

Cummings should have started. He was the in form striker. The poor bastard bench warming watching utter shite get in ahead of him. End of.

Windass and Morelos are what will kill off Murty and I won't be too disappointed.

Does anyone else think Murty would even consider working either with or under Walter if he did return?   For me that would be the best scenario possible,, keep Murty and let him learn from the best all the while Walter helps ensure we get the best out of what we have? 

I don't think there is much more murty could've done we just lack a wee bit of composure in the final 3rd. Change formation or personnel imo wouldn't change that.

If its no gonna be a big manager the hes as good a shout long term as anyone

3 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The game was ours for the taking. They immediately changed shape and personnel to adapt to the red card. 

We should have adapted our shape if not personnel then too and our failure to do so has cost us.

And why when a 3rd down is Cummings not on straight away ffs .

100%correct. Their manager made a proactive  substitution as soon as they went down to 10 men our manager made a reactive one waiting until they scored before making the change , if the two managers swapped dugouts we would be celebrating a win tonight !

Hard to remember a manager I've wanted to succeed more but, at the end of the day, we haven't had a better opportunity to put them to the sword in years and - as Mancini, Clarke, and even Levein have shown - they're actually not a very complicated puzzle to solve. The key to beating them this season is the consistent application of pressure - they absolutely buckle under it - and we'll rarely get a better chance to do that than when we can bring on Cummings immediately after they go down to ten men. That's a decisive, tactical opportunity right there and we missed it.

Gutted for Murty because he's a brilliant guy and, if we do swap him for an experienced manager, he's certain to leave the club altogether, meaning we've also lost a very talented youth coach. 

3 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

100%correct. Their manager made a proactive  substitution as soon as they went down to 10 men our manager made a reactive one waiting until they scored before making the change , if the two managers swapped dugouts we would be celebrating a win tonight !

Unfortunately I agree.