Rangers should look no further than Graeme Murty - The Rangers Observer

Lloyd

1 minute ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Don’t really know how anyone can come to this conclusion that he deserves the managers job full time until the season is finnished and we see where we are. 

Season tickets to sell....back Murty so we can buy a couple of wingers is the message from that.

Also we are skint and we (the board) have no clue how to attract a decent manager.

Just now, gj923 said:

Season tickets to sell....back Murty so we can buy a couple of wingers is the message from that.

Also we are skint and we (the board) have no clue how to attract a decent manager.

A thought the exact same until I seen the poster saying they are bringing out a peice against Murty being appointed. They’ve done this kind of thing a few times a think.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Wish cunts on Twitter would stop mentioning Roberto Martinez for the job too fuck that would be depressing.

what? guy is about to take Belgium to the world cup how is he being linked?

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

what? guy is about to take Belgium to the world cup how is he being linked?

He’s being linked because of a post on FF a few months back that claimed he’s in talks with us about taking the job in the summer. I hope it’s a load of shite.

I wouldn't write off Murty yet,he's done a decent job and steadied a ship that was heading for the rocks again however Sunday was a huge setback for him so a win in the cup semi is essential and a second place in the league if he has a chance to continue in the job.

53 minutes ago, DW1872 said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I agree with a lot of that article.

I think Murty is growing into the job and would be happy with him staying on.

This. No manager starting out hits the ground running. He can put all doubts to bed by winning the SC i feel. 

17 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Who is Garry Carmody and why should his opinion be given any more credibility than any other Bear with an opinion?  I'm not getting at the guy for having an opinion although I do think it smacks of a bit of a love-in.   

Where has anyone suggested he should have any more credibility than anyone else. He’s written his opinion on a platform like people do on here everyday ffs :lol: 

2 minutes ago, RedWhiteBlue1872 said:

The noises i have heard from credible sources is that King wants a big name manager and there will be a similar budget of what we had this year.

Pinch of salt - absolutely.

Fingers crossed though because to be honest i get the feeling this board are “learning on the job” too.

I was told a while back that there was no chance Murty will get the gig full time. That being said, I don’t see any other obvious alternatives. 

Actually agree with a lot of that . 

Yes GM made mistakes , costly ones at that . I agree with most , changes should have been made earlier , particularly when they were down to 10 men . I can't think why he didn't leave one up when we were defending corners and free kicks - there was a 15 minute spell in the first half where every time we cleared the ball it just came straight back in because we had no one up the park . 

The bigger picture though ,  is in the lead up to the game we were starting to show promise . Enough promise that most of us went into the game thinking we were going to win . Yes , we've had a couple of draws at their midden , but let's be honest , we went there more in hope than expectation , but this time we had something a lot more substantial to base our hopes on , and rightly too . 

Progress has been made despite Sunday's disappointment . Whether that's enough progress , I'll wait to the end of the season and see if lessons have been learned before rushing to judgement . 

28 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Who is Garry Carmody and why should his opinion be given any more credibility than any other Bear with an opinion?  I'm not getting at the guy for having an opinion although I do think it smacks of a bit of a love-in.   

I am pretty certain it is a board article fronted by carmody, which I would think equates to little or no meaningful investment.