Press Conference Today

10 minutes ago, Amato said:

Lumping Murphy in with Dorrans is a bit harsh

Edit: harsh on Murphy for the avoidance of doubt

Yeah agreed. I retract the combination. But I guess my point was that they both game from premiership clubs and we had high hopes they would run riot in Scotland and once again we were disappointed. 

Murphy has done much better than Dorrans but I am just not convinced that he is significantly better than the likes of Jones at Kilmarnock but at a much higher rate

6 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Don’t know enough about him to say if it’s a good move or not. Soon see...

Me neither, but I just hope he's not another lightweight midfielder because we already have s full set of those. Absolutely fed up watching our guys getting pushed around in the middle of the park. 

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Spoke well, sounds like he's buzzing to be here and work under Gerrard. 

We need this type of quality all over the park now. Start with 2 new centre halves please.

We need some strength and steel in that midfield as well. Hoping someone will tell me Arfield is that type, because I just don't know enough about the guy. We don't need another Dorrans, that's for sure. 

22 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Me neither, but I just hope he's not another lightweight midfielder because we already have s full set of those. Absolutely fed up watching our guys getting pushed around in the middle of the park. 

I don’t reckon he is lightweight imo. Any game he’s played against us he’s been the best midfielder on the park. Even when he played for Falkirk he always stood out against us??. Great signing imo

Watched him 16/17 season play against Arsenal at home and he was good, competitive and can pass the ball (Ozil was in his back pocket and could not get near the Burnley defense most of the game). He is a good signing for us, lets hope thats the start of the better quality coming in.

Honest to fuck, I'm in work and it was actually a taig that came up and said to me, you lot have a press conference at noon, about three hours ago. 

How the fuck do they know, I'm only just reading this on my break, think they go into the toilet and Google Rangers to see what's happening, arses of the highest order. 

43 minutes ago, Mesmer said:

I think giving players 4 year contracts is absolute madness. If they don't work out we're stuck with them.

Still can’t believe we gave Gerrard a four year deal, but then again they may be unwilling to sign without the assurance of a long term contract.