As a support (re: middleton)

RFC55

People seem to have completely forgotten that we also have had a season ending injury to Murphy, who if was fit would have pushed Middleton down to the 3rd place left winger behind Murphy and Kent.

Middleton is a youth player who has been promoted for his first season. People are just expecting too much too soon from him.

7 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Fully agree, he wasn’t great tonight but the reality is he’s not ready for a game of that magnitude yet but he will be in time. For now the boss needs to show some faith in Grezda and let’s see how good he is. No excuses down that left side now that Borna is back 

See thats the worrying thing about he's not ready for a game of that magnitude yet, walter barely gave barry ferguson a sniff at the first team but advocaat threw him right in following year and he was bossing far better midfielders in europe, leverkusen was unreal, 

Either middleton IS ready, and therefore gets the abuse that others would get, or he isnt, and gerrard should get the abuse for playing him

Cracking wee player who will be a top player given time.

Ive seen young players ruined at ibrox due to the abuse and i would be disgusted were it to happen to the wee man. 

Hes going to make mistakes hes only a pup but anyone with any sort of football brain can clearly see we have a player on our hands. Rate him very highly.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

See thats the worrying thing about he's not ready for a game of that magnitude yet, walter barely gave barry ferguson a sniff at the first team but advocaat threw him right in following year and he was bossing far better midfielders in europe, leverkusen was unreal, 

Either middleton IS ready, and therefore gets the abuse that others would get, or he isnt, and gerrard should get the abuse for playing him

So you’re comparing every youngster we play to Ferguson?

He’s more of an impact player Middleton and should be sticking with his 20 min cameos to improve him.

Barasic had the ball he looked up for him to make good runs he never did he looked lost at times and Grezda should have replaced him on that side.   

made one great run when he got past his man but Morelos didn't even attempt to get on the end off. 

I think he has been poor the last few games. and if Kent had remained fit wouldn't have started as many games as he has. He was good when the team were playing well, but poor when they were playing badly. As a young lad that's probably to be expected. However, as a first team player with rangers, there is a weight of expectation on him that he is simply going to have to live with and embrace.

7 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Ddint think.the wee.man was great tonight. Thought he was.poor v Aberdeen and struggled.v Dundee.but can.anyone tell.ke.why an 18 year old.boy with the contribution he's had.this.year gets.the absolute dogs abuse he's had this year?

I genuinely thought Charlie Adam.was.poor but fan power seemed to.force the boy out and we.kissed out on a huge windfall, why do.we always seem as a support.to right our youngsters off so.easily?

I hate to.use them.as.an example.but the taigs despised Forrest but how.view him.as some kind of.superstar after 6 years of.depsising him.but they stick.with him. Us we write everyone off.after three bad games

Why? 

Agree it's you re his performances . 

He is young and that seems to be forgotten simply because of where we are in the season , with the league being tight , combined with the desperation of points . When we drop them everyone becomes a target and sometimes his age gets forgotten . 

He seems to be better as an impact sub , at this stage of his career , and SG maybe having to use him more than he'd want to because of Kent's injury . For example , I don't think he'd have started tonight had Candeias not been banned and Kent not been injured . 

My view on it is that if he and the manager think he's ready to start then he shouldn't be immune from criticism. Especially when he was been posted missing just about everytime he starts. He was terrible against Aberdeen and looked every bit the little boy he is. 

I appreciate he is young and deserves a level of protection and patience but at the end of the day he's 1 of 11 players out there and if he's not performing he deserves to be dropped or get a kick up the arse. 

I personally think he's miles off being a first team starter and should be an impact sub at best. However with Murphy getting injured, Grezda not kicking on and Kent being injured we don't have many options out there.

He has some talent but I don't think he'll ever be top class in my opinion. 

I think young Middleton will go on to be a decent player. It’s always great when a kid comes through and breaks into the first team. However, it doesn’t guarantee that things will be rosy. For every Ian Durrant and Barry Ferguson, there’s a Greg Wylde and a Barry McKay.  The boy probably needs benched for a while and I think this will happen now. I can understand why Gerrard has been playing him but that in itself is a bit of a worry as it seems he doesn’t trust Grezda at the moment.

I think Gerrard started him because we didn't really have another option out on the left. Grezda looks very right footed to me and Middleton has had a couple of big moments for us in Europe this season. Maybe a bit of a mistake to stick him in because of that, but hindsight is 20/20. I think Grezda will have more than enough time and chances to prove himself this season.

Coulibaly on the other hand can fuck right off. Was never fantastic with his feet but I feel like since his injury he is playing with boots too big for him. Last night he picked the ball up and started driving over to Middleton who was in acres, I was screaming just pass it to him now. He got closer and closer to him before just passing it out of play! We have signed some amount of CMs in the past year or two and maybe 1 of those has any attacking ability about them.

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Where are you going for go at 70 mins away from home?? 

Don't know what you mean going for go? On 70 mins at ibrox people leave and by full time stadium is empty, you don't get that at an away game 90 per cent are still there

8 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Don't know what you mean going for go? On 70 mins at ibrox people leave and by full time stadium is empty, you don't get that at an away game 90 per cent are still there

To go. 

And the away support are always going to be more hardcore, I used to be one.

But at home you have fans in cars getting a head start, fans heading for the subway, fans heading for a pint before the bus. Lots of reason the stadium empties early. 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And how often does a player like Ferguson come around? 

2 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

So you’re comparing every youngster we play to Ferguson?

He’s more of an impact player Middleton and should be sticking with his 20 min cameos to improve him.

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

And how often does a player like Ferguson come around? 

So its gerrards fault then, 

He's a cracking player with all the potential to develop into a great player for us. 

I think he's had more game time than the gaffer would have liked with injuries and suspensions. 

I think right now he's best suited to impact sub. I expect a fit Kent or grezda will start more moving foward. 

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

5 goals and 4 assists so far this season. 

Does it again in the second half of the season and you’re looking at an 18 year old being involved in 20 goals this season. 

Imagine if it was a young Scottish tarrier... 

Shutup ffs, he was rotten lastnight. Everyone at the game agreed. 

35 minutes ago, Rfc1872 said:

Shutup ffs, he was rotten lastnight. Everyone at the game agreed. 

I was at the game and I don’t agree.

He was ok. Played in a couple of decent balls but like all wingers he is inconsistent and he is still very young in his first season of first team football.

Let’s not forget he was brilliant away to Villarreal and he had a really good game in Moscow.

I truly wonder how Davie Cooper would be tolerated by fans now.