UB Protest Tonight

scottyc06

3 hours ago, BeargerNo.1 said:

Stolen from elsewhere.

The reason for the club not moving them to BF3 has been well known and discussed for many years. I myself when on the Working Group committee back in 2010-11 spoke to David Martin (head of security at the club) at some length to get UB moved to BF3. The reason is the sight lines for those in the areas beside them. If you are in BF2 or BF4 and wish to watch the match from the comfort of your seat, you cannot see a large area of the pitch due to the UB standing in BF3. This is why they are in BF1, it is the only area where them standing doesnt affect the sight lines of other fans in neighbouring sections. The club turn a blind eye to them standing throughout the game in contravention of the ground rules.

I havent been in the loop on this issue since the WG stood down in 2012, but I cant see that the argument has changed a bit as the fact remains the same. UB can move to BF3 if they sit down, which goes against everything they are about so they have to remain at the end of the stand where they dont disrupt everyone else.

What is the big deal with this anyway? They can expand into BF2 if they have sufficient numbers, which they have never had.

I understand their plea for a safe standing area, and that they would be upset that we are not going to go for that. Personally, I am against a safe standing area, so I am delighted the club have decided against this.

If the sight line is the reason for not letting them move and they now have the numbers, Why not let them have a corner. The opposite corner to the away fans would be a good site for relocating them to and a seat exchange could be done preseason.  

I think it was bad timing to approach the board for these changes because of the recent Steve Clark stuff and the board asking for it to be stopped.

Maybe the SLO could earn his crust by mediating with the board on how the club will benefit if the UB were given a group seat exchange. E.g Atmosphere, reduction in police, costs if placed in the corner etc.  I can understand why the UB are disgruntled at getting refused safe standing and/or a move. They must feel let down by this board after protesting to get them in. 

10 hours ago, Sid2103 said:

Can understand their frustrations, also seen a few guys on Facebook that sit in BF3 and would not be willing to give up their seats for them, can understand that as well. 

No idea where they could move to, as it would involve shifting a lot of fans from seats they may have had for years.

As others have said, would be interested in seeing the clubs reason for their decision. 

We sit / stand in BF3.   About half the fans get involved, the  other half either sit in silence or moan like fuck.  Wish they would fuck off.

5 hours ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Police never move infront of the UB when Rangers score. Stewards some times do, but cant recall police. But stewards do this all round the ground, on occasion. 

Not true mate. Only from 88 mins onwards. Cops and stewards go to front of UB as soon as every goal is scored. This is solely because they can't be trusted not to come over the wall. Cop told me this 1st hand.

6 hours ago, Cedrick said:

bears just move out their allocated ticket seat to let lads congregate around the ub ? Never seen this happen at an away game either 

How regularly do you attend away games? I don't understand why you seem to find this so far-fetched. I'd say it's pretty common for bears to stand with their mates rather than their allocated seat, I know I do it almost every week. 

8 minutes ago, Queens 11 said:

How regularly do you attend away games? I don't understand why you seem to find this so far-fetched. I'd say it's pretty common for bears to stand with their mates rather than their allocated seat, I know I do it almost every week. 

Missed taigs and sheep midweek this season so far ps that’s my seat pal

6 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

If only there was a supporters liaison officer contributing here to discuss and address this. You know, like the one who used to contribute and liaise on this forum, before he got the fucking job of liaison officer with the club, and now does fuck knows what? 

Do you know for a fact that he isn’t assisting in this issue ? 

10 hours ago, BeargerNo.1 said:

Stolen from elsewhere.

The reason for the club not moving them to BF3 has been well known and discussed for many years. I myself when on the Working Group committee back in 2010-11 spoke to David Martin (head of security at the club) at some length to get UB moved to BF3. The reason is the sight lines for those in the areas beside them. If you are in BF2 or BF4 and wish to watch the match from the comfort of your seat, you cannot see a large area of the pitch due to the UB standing in BF3. This is why they are in BF1, it is the only area where them standing doesnt affect the sight lines of other fans in neighbouring sections. The club turn a blind eye to them standing throughout the game in contravention of the ground rules.

I havent been in the loop on this issue since the WG stood down in 2012, but I cant see that the argument has changed a bit as the fact remains the same. UB can move to BF3 if they sit down, which goes against everything they are about so they have to remain at the end of the stand where they dont disrupt everyone else.

What is the big deal with this anyway? They can expand into BF2 if they have sufficient numbers, which they have never had.

I understand their plea for a safe standing area, and that they would be upset that we are not going to go for that. Personally, I am against a safe standing area, so I am delighted the club have decided against this.

Well you cure that problem by doing the obvious thing which is put safe standing in. 

It doesn't matter if your running a bowling club,fishing club or football club. If you canot grow your youth membership/customer then the game is up.

The more members the UB get the better.This looks to me to be a GIRFUY from our board to the young supporters and also publicly slapping them down for the jakey Clark song.

No one can shoot their own foot off better than us. 

11 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Not true mate. Only from 88 mins onwards. Cops and stewards go to front of UB as soon as every goal is scored. This is solely because they can't be trusted not to come over the wall. Cop told me this 1st hand.

Definitely only line of stewards come out at goals most games. 

Your cop pal is talking shite 

13 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

If the sight line is the reason for not letting them move and they now have the numbers, Why not let them have a corner. The opposite corner to the away fans would be a good site for relocating them to and a seat exchange could be done preseason.  

I think it was bad timing to approach the board for these changes because of the recent Steve Clark stuff and the board asking for it to be stopped.

Maybe the SLO could earn his crust by mediating with the board on how the club will benefit if the UB were given a group seat exchange. E.g Atmosphere, reduction in police, costs if placed in the corner etc.  I can understand why the UB are disgruntled at getting refused safe standing and/or a move. They must feel let down by this board after protesting to get them in. 

They couldn't go there. That's a hospitality area.

Fill the corners in properly and move those screens to Fuck and move them in there.   Even make it a standing section for them as it's a win win for the club and would boost the attendance up by 7 or 8,000 more and that's 7 or 8,000 more punters coming through the gate if we get a successful team in the park.

4 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Fill the corners in properly and move those screens to Fuck and move them in there.   Even make it a standing section for them as it's a win win for the club and would boost the attendance up by 7 or 8,000 more and that's 7 or 8,000 more punters coming through the gate if we get a successful team in the park.

Much will this cost?

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Much will this cost?

Fuck knows , but it would pay itself back in no time at all.  If we get as sellout at even £20 a head considering senior citizens and kids that's £160k a game , Then an average of say £300 for a season ticket for same reasons above that's £2.4m per season..

It would take 4 or 5 years to pay for itself I would think but that's what Ibrox is needing, make both corners safe standing if the demand is there.   

18 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Fuck knows , but it would pay itself back in no time at all.  If we get as sellout at even £20 a head considering senior citizens and kids that's £160k a game , Then an average of say £300 for a season ticket for same reasons above that's £2.4m per season..

It would take 4 or 5 years to pay for itself I would think but that's what Ibrox is needing, make both corners safe standing if the demand is there.   

We're not in a position to do something like that and wait for 5 years til it pays itself off