Gaffer rejects Newcastle

Sash tap

2 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I was confused but just seeing this coming through now.

Unless Liverpool or a club who want to spend serious cash come in, I can't see him going this year or next. That is of course barring any fallout with the board here.

Until this week I didn't think he'd go direct from us to pool. Now after lampard I think Liverpool will be his next job regardless of his success here tbh.

If klopp left tomorrow Liverpool would appoint Gerrard

14 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Ok Where is that been reported?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steven-gerrard-rejects-mike-ashley-17486417

Steven Gerrard rejects Mike Ashley approach to become next Newcastle United manager

EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard has rebuffed an approach from Newcastle owner Mike Ashley regarding the vacant manager position

TAP TO PLAY

NEWCASTLE UNITED FANS REACT TO RAFA BENITEZ LEAVING CLUB  

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has attempted to bring Steven Gerrard to St. James’ Park as Rafa Benitez’s replacement.

Ashley targeted Rangers boss Gerrard and Nice manager Patrick Vieira after Benitez’s contract ran out and the Spaniard left for China.

But the Sports Direct magnate has known from the offset that the chances of luring Liverpool legend Gerrard to Tyneside were slim.

He was still prepared to try and alerted Gerrard’s representatives to the possibility of a quick return to the Premier League.

But Gerrard has only been at Ibrox 12 months and any departure this summer wouldn’t be welcomed by the Rangers fans.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Only an idiot would take the Newcastle job and the Gaffer ain't no idiot.

I wouldn’t say that, if Gerrard was motivated by Money he’d take it and earn up to 10 times what he earns here, that’s not what I’d call stupid.

luckily it’s been proven he had opportunities throughout  his career to do the same and never took them either, the man is a football purist not a money grabber and does what feels right in his own head

if I was a betting man I’d say he’ll only leave Rangers for Liverpool, England or by mutual consent 🤨 nowhere else makes sense atm

2 minutes ago, Sash tap said:

I’m not sure. Liverpool are very well run and wouldn’t risk an appointment like that.

Chelsea are a mess at the moment and have a transfer ban, the context is different.

Maybe they wouldn't but it's the easy option for the Liverpool board. Circumstances played a part in lamps getting the Chelsea job but I ain't heard anyone question it for me it's the safe option

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I wouldn’t say that, if Gerrard was motivated by Money he’d take it and earn up to 10 times what he earns here, that’s not what I’d call stupid.

luckily it’s been proven he had opportunities throughout  his career to do the same and never took them either, the man is a football purist and does what feels right in his own head

if I was a betting man I’d say he’ll only leave Rangers for Liverpool, England or by mutual consent 🤨 nowhere else makes sense atm

Only an idiot works for Ashley and that is how Benietz now feels. You don't need to be a betting man to know he would leave for Liverpool!!

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Maybe they wouldn't but it's the easy option for the Liverpool board. Circumstances played a part in lamps getting the Chelsea job but I ain't heard anyone question it for me it's the safe option

Liverpool are desperate to win the league and they’re up against a City side that has racked up over 90 points in 2 consecutive seasons.

That means that if Klopp left, Liverpool need to find a replacement capable of totaling over 90 points in the EPL. Right now, that isn’t Gerrard and Liverpool would know it.

16 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Until this week I didn't think he'd go direct from us to pool. Now after lampard I think Liverpool will be his next job regardless of his success here tbh.

If klopp left tomorrow Liverpool would appoint Gerrard

No they wouldn’t. Lampard to Chelsea has happened years too soon purely because of Chelsea’s circumstances. If Klopp left Liverpool they could appoint just about any manager they wanted to replace him.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Only an idiot works for Ashley and that is how Benietz now feels. You don't need to be a betting man to know he would leave for Liverpool!!

Not if like most people involved in football now & they are motivated by money. 

Thank fuck we’ve got a guy like Gerrard 

Now surely if Gerrard had been approached by Newcastle then Rangers must have been involved? Doubt it.

So Newcastle were trying to get Gerrard behind Rangers' back? I know it goes on but sounds like an illegal approach to me.

23 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

No they wouldn’t. Lampard to Chelsea has happened years too soon purely because of Chelsea’s circumstances. If Klopp left Liverpool they could appoint just about any manager they wanted to replace him.

All what u say is correct but it's easy for the board absolutely no one would question Gerrard getting the job. Regardless of Chelsea and circumstances not one person has questioned lampards ability to do that job.