"blooshed poppy" banner

jaffa1975

This is the whole 'dignified silence' thing I go on about.

If anyone in work called me an OB, outside of the group of tims I've known long enough that are happy to be called fenian scum, then I'd have them reported straight away.

Fire with fire.

....or maybe he called him out about it or even battered his cunt in?

Being brought up to deal with things by himself is not neccessarily the same as doing nothing.

This is a disgrace. If this doesn't make it into the media, it's clear that Celtic have a controlling hand over the media in Scotland. If we brought a banner to Ibrox that read "Death to all republican scum" or "Big Jock and Torbett suck boys cocks in hell", it would be on the back page of every paper in the country. And even then it wouldnt be as bad as what that banner at Parkhead yesterday read.

I'd als bet that there were at least 20 people in Parkhead yesterday in the home end that have lost someone in one of those conflicts while they were serving in the armed forces. But these mindless idiots wouldn't even care I'd imagine - all they want is to spout their bile.

this needs its own thread.

At half-time during today’s match against Aberdeen we displayed message banners calling for ‘No bloodstained poppys on our hoops’ in protest at the Club’s decision to once again wear the poppy on our shirts during next week’s game at St Mirren (a match our group will not attend because of this decision). This is in support of an appeal by Poppyscotland to all SPL clubs. Poppyscotland describes its role as ‘supporting heroes’ and state that ‘the poppy has become a symbol of remembrance and for the sacrifices made by our Armed Forces’. Our group and many within the Celtic support do not recognise the British Armed Forces as heroes, nor their role in many conflicts as one worthy of our remembrance. Earlier this year, the Saville Report on Bloody Sunday confirmed that 14 unarmed civilians were murdered in Derry in 1972 by the Paratroop Regiment. They were among hundreds killed by the British Army during the most recent phase of conflict in Ireland. More recently, the British Armed Forces have murdered and maimed many thousands more innocent civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan. The poppy remembers not just our grandfathers who fought the Nazis but also those who bombed the Belgrano and brutally occupied the streets of Belfast and Basra. While we recognise the right of individuals to remember their dead and that many within the Celtic support will wear the poppy in memory of family and friends lost in WW2 and other conflicts, we cannot accept the imposition of the poppy onto our shirts.

As far back as April, representatives from ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ, Celtic Supporters Association and Celtic Trust met with Peter Lawwell to express our united opposition to the Club imposing the poppy on the first team jersey. We also know that the AICSC and many other individual supporters had called on the Club to reverse their position of previous years and take the poppy off the shirt. Following our meeting in April, the Club were contacted on several occasions for further dialogue on the issue but informed us that they were still considering their position and would get back to us. The first any group knew of the decision was after it had been made, and publicly announced. We share the views of the AICSC whose recent statement on the poppy stated that ‘to see the jersey being used as a medium for such a divisive symbol and the message it communicates is deplorable’, and that it showed a complete lack of respect for the support, further highlighted by repeated declarations on the official website of Celtic’s delight to be wearing the poppy and supporting Poppyscotland. It appears rather than leave his politics at the door, chairman John Reid, the former Armed Forces Minister and Secretary of State for Northern Ireland and Defence, has forced his onto the first team jersey.

As you may have noticed at today’s game, we mistakenly missed out the ‘D’ in ‘bloodstained’. This happened in the rush to finish two displays for todays game (with our ‘Show the SFA the red card’ action before the match). The real mistake, however, is the Club forcing the poppy onto our shirt

I'd love to blow that place up, fuckin wankers

While i have said earlier in this thread that the right to freedom of speech is paramount, it doesn't mean i do not find the banner and it's message abhorrent.

I am amazed, yet not surprised, that this hasn't made the Sunday papers.

This banner , by being allowed to be displayed, has the implied backing of Celtic Football Club and they should be asked their reason for allowing it. Lawell & Reid must be asked questions over this.

I hope this has been highlighted to EVERY media outlet, this should have as much attention as possible.

As i said, Freedom of Speech ... but that freedom comes with a price, you must defend your opinion .... i would love to hear their defence under public scrutiny.</div>

they are up there with those islamic scum that held up signs at a homecoming parade in england.i cant believe this hasnt ben reported in any of the national newspapers that claim to support our boys.this should be a national story across Britain not just scotland.why cant they just move to dublin if they hate it hear so much

Why Do They Not Just Fuck Off Back Home?....

If You Do Not Respect The Men and Women who have fought and are still fighting to keep our country.."Our Country", then fuck off back to where you came from. Sick illiterate fenian wankers!

Seen on the back of the Sunday Record that they have a pic of the green brigades kick off time SFA banner but no mention of the HT banner, shocking.

seen that.that makes it even worse if they seen that banner they must have seen the poppy banner.why the fuck are they protecting those scumbags

I said a few months back, if continued to be ignored the green brigades behaviour would only become more extreme. The problem is they are made up mostly of young impressionable males driven by hatred who are recruited through there forum and the likes.

Some may dismiss them as daft wee boys, but they are smart enough to be getting there putrid point across.

ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ are utter scumbags but to be honest I just can't take them seriously with their spelling errors.

Is their leader still in primary school.

At hibs they missed the i out in Celtic now this, they are laughable!

:P you missed a whole word, not just a letter in a word :P

if they dont get punished for this, then fuck knows what they will get punished for.

Punished under what law ???

It might be horrible sentiments and against most decent people moral compass ... but i don't believe they broke any laws.

Punished under what law ???

It might be horrible sentiments and against most decent people moral compass ... but i don't believe they broke any laws.

Yeah unfortunately that's true.

The hardest part for me to understand is how ignorant their viewpoint is. When you see veterans marching, placing a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and silence and dignity all over the World on the 11th, I don't see how you could possibly have a problem with it.

It's not British Armed Forces Day. It's the day when we remember the dead of all nations.

They only serve to heap embarrassment on their own club.

While i have said earlier in this thread that the right to freedom of speech is paramount, it doesn't mean i do not find the banner and it's message abhorrent.

I am amazed, yet not surprised, that this hasn't made the Sunday papers.

This banner , by being allowed to be displayed, has the implied backing of Celtic Football Club and they should be asked their reason for allowing it. Lawell & Reid must be asked questions over this.

I hope this has been highlighted to EVERY media outlet, this should have as much attention as possible.

As i said, Freedom of Speech ... but that freedom comes with a price, you must defend your opinion .... i would love to hear their defence under public scrutiny.</div>

You're right mate (and very well put btw). But even freedom of speach has boundaries. Pretty sure they didn't cross the line since they can't spell it seems. But it is an affront to all decent people in this world. And, it's not about Britain, it's about every nation.

I am a fairly even minded person. Live and let live etc. But, I truly hate those banners.

I said a few months back, if continued to be ignored the green brigades behaviour would only become more extreme. The problem is they are made up mostly of young impressionable males driven by hatred who are recruited through there forum and the likes.

Some may dismiss them as daft wee boys, but they are smart enough to be getting there putrid point across.

it's all guys aged from 16-26 that run this upside down brigade shite.

they know fuck all about anything, hear wee bits and bobs, add it altogether and end up with a fuckin nursery rhyme :lol: