Boxing and MMA

1 minute ago, callumbo87 said:

Styles make fights. Old man Wladimir had him on Queer Street and Wilders Big weapon is his right hand too.He moves backwards in straight lines hence Wilder has a decent shot.

AJ is decent but someone with movement/speed would give him fits...dare I say a fit Fury who I think is average 

Any heavyweight can knock the other one down. 

He got off the canvas and knocked klitscko on his arse what more do you want. 

If Fury wants a crack he needs to get back in the ring and start knocking folk on their arse. 

Just now, siddiqi_drinker said:

why, they are not that important except in their own minds.   Would love to see the fight at Wembley

He should fight jarrel Miller in NYC and wilder fight white in the uk if he thinks he win the it builds to a December mega fight.

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Wilder doing stupid interviews saying he wants to actually kill someone in the ring.  Not sure if he's a moron, a psychopath or just trying to up his own ego

I know. He talks the talk and yet will not get round the table to set up a fight with AJ. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Any heavyweight can knock the other one down. 

He got off the canvas and knocked klitscko on his arse what more do you want. 

If Fury wants a crack he needs to get back in the ring and start knocking folk on their arse. 

I agree. 

If I’m being honest I am just frustrated at his performance tonight...he could have taken parker out middle rounds but jabbed his way to a W and sky are creaming themselves. 

Windmill Wilder is bang average but as Ortiz fight showed he has the punch power in the division. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

No but they asked Americans in New York who he was and they had no clue. 

So hand selected Americans on the street are a reflection on boxing in that country as a whole?

If they asked some of the foreign muck in London who Joshua was they would be muttering something in Somalian 

12 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Wilder doing stupid interviews saying he wants to actually kill someone in the ring.  Not sure if he's a moron, a psychopath or just trying to up his own ego

He's doing press to one man and his dog in USA. He's a nobody over there. If he came over to Wales this week he would have had more press than he's ever had in his lifetime. If he fights AJ  even at a 30-70 split he would probably double, maybe treble his highest purse. If he turned up in Wales the fans would have demanded the AJ Wilder fight next, a bit like when Bellew called out Haye for their first match up.

Wilder is a moron and has been very badly advised. Stick your Bomb Squad and speak it, believe it, receive it shit up your arse!

That said him and AJ would be a great fight. It has to happen and it will happen. He needs to stop being an utter dick though.

I had to take my room TV through to living room at 12 for the match then when I took it back through n hooked it up to ps4 the computer wouldn't boot up properly, sat all night before the fight using the telly Internet, fuck knows why when tablet right next to me, anyway took it back in livingroom for fight then just there walked in n punched the computer pretty hard n noo it's working. 

Moral of the story is I feel like after 4 boxing matches on pay per view my punch was the best lol 

Edit, living room telly has went on the blink n picture has went mental 

43 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Wilder connects with Joshua with they big spaghetti hooks I reckon Joshua crumbles. 

AJ got his tactics spot on tonight, lost the weight worked behind the jab, everyone expects the KO.  onto the Wilder fight, i think AJ comes in at his heaviest looking for the early KO because Wilder is a brawler and is there to be KO.D Wilder was near stopped by a 50 year old Ortiz. 

AJ got his tactics spot on tonight.  altho you could be spot on...........AJ 21 fights 40 belts wilder 4 fights 1 belt........Wilder will not come to the uk. the Uk is where its at now, its 2018 not the 90s 

15 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

Didnt see much from AJ tonight which makes me think he could beat Fury if he decided to return even at 80% of his best

You didnt see much but think he beats Fury automatically ? If Fury comes back the fighter he was against Klitscho he jabs AJ to death !

Before the fight I thought AJ walks through Wilder but after watching that fight my opinion has changed a bit, Wilder still gets hit to often for my liking but he will cause AJ problems if he fights like that.

1 minute ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

You didnt see much but think he beats Fury automatically ? If Fury comes back the fighter he was against Klitscho he jabs AJ to death !

Before the fight I thought AJ walks through Wilder but after watching that fight my opinion has changed a bit, Wilder still gets hit to often for my liking but he will cause AJ problems if he fights like that.

Sorry I may have worded it wrong. If Fury comes back to 80% of what he was before, based on tonight and previous fights AJ gets nowhere near beating him 

3 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

its all about styles and AJ got his tactics spot on tonight. everyone expects KO'S 

I like Fury, I think he's a big character, controversial, funny and he has added some real excitement and spice to the heavyweight division. His performance against Klitschko was fantastic and he deserves all the praise in the world for that. There's no denying how impressive that was and in fairness he has received the credit for that, and more. However, I don't quite get the over confidence of some Fury fans, and those who say he beats AJ easy. Prior to that fight he was pretty average and his list of conquests was no better than Wilder for example. He was plundering along against some poor opponents on Channel 5 and the like.

By the time Fury fights next he'll have been out a long time. You have to credit him for his weight loss and getting back in shape but will he be able to reproduce the Klitschko performance again? Was that just a freak one off incredible performance? Was it just a classic case of Klitschko being the perfect style for Fury to fight to allow Fury to shine? Did Klitschko underestimate Fury? Was he too complacent? Possibly a combination of all of the above. Regardless, all the credit goes to Fury. But it was only one fight.

Fury may very well become a great in boxing but beating Klitschko once, as good as it was is not enough for me. He has to do a lot more. To be great you need to win them all, defend them all and do so on many occasions. He's yet to do that although there of course are mitigating circumstances. 

Hopefully we get to see AJ Fury one day. If it happens there's no denying though that AJ Fury is a blockbuster fight. It will break all records and to be honest it's just good to have a bit of excitement in the heavyweight division...............

31 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Not fighting for the best part of 2 and a half years has done wonders for Fury’s reputation. 

No one gave him a fighting chance against Klitschko and he pulled the upset, fair play to him, but now based on one fight he’s suddenly the best in the division.

The mind boggles.

He is getting better the longer he is out too. Soon he'll be an all time great. 

8 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I like Fury, I think he's a big character, controversial, funny and he has added some real excitement and spice to the heavyweight division. His performance against Klitschko was fantastic and he deserves all the praise in the world for that. There's no denying how impressive that was and in fairness he has received the credit for that, and more. However, I don't quite get the over confidence of some Fury fans, and those who say he beats AJ easy. Prior to that fight he was pretty average and his list of conquests was no better than Wilder for example. He was plundering along against some poor opponents on Channel 5 and the like.

By the time Fury fights next he'll have been out a long time. You have to credit him for his weight loss and getting back in shape but will he be able to reproduce the Klitschko performance again? Was that just a freak one off incredible performance? Was it just a classic case of Klitschko being the perfect style for Fury to fight to allow Fury to shine? Did Klitschko underestimate Fury? Was he too complacent? Possibly a combination of all of the above. Regardless, all the credit goes to Fury. But it was only one fight.

Fury may very well become a great in boxing but beating Klitschko once, as good as it was is not enough for me. He has to do a lot more. To be great you need to win them all, defend them all and do so on many occasions. He's yet to do that although there of course are mitigating circumstances. 

Hopefully we get to see AJ Fury one day. If it happens there's no denying though that AJ Fury is a blockbuster fight. It will break all records and to be honest it's just good to have a bit of excitement in the heavyweight division...............

Absolutely spot on. 

Klitschko was abysmal the night Fury beat him. He had lost his motivation by then and was a pale imitation. 

He found some of it again against AJ last year but it wasn't enough. 

If that Klitschko turned up against Fury that night Fury would be long forgotten about by now. 

My gripe is the scorecards show Parker had no chance of winning on points unless he was dominant. I felt Parker won 3-5 rounds, and overall there was not a huge amount in the fight, although Joshua won it fairly clearly.  I think it is hard to make any case for Parker. For scores of 119 & 118 to be given, you have to be giving AJ everything.

The referee also help detract from Parkers chances by breaking them apart whenever he was inside. At times they weren't even tangled and he was still separating! An absolutely inept performance. 

The odds were against Parker, even in a totally fair fight, but.... in typical Hearn fashion - the judges and referee do that little bit to improve the chances of his fighter. The Sky commentry was also very hard to listen to.

The thing is.... I like Joshua, he comes across professional (if a little fake) and generally is respectful and well spoken, plus he is a good boxer. Just.... the whole commentary hype, and the fact he benefits from Hearn judges/referees is starting to turn me against the guy.