Kappo - :pipe:

LegendofCoop

Celtic have released former Birmingham and Juventus midfielder Olivier Kapo, who arrived at the club on 4 November.

"He signed a contract which allowed us to terminate on 10 January," manager Neil Lennon told his club's website.

"Celtic took this option to terminate as we felt he had not done enough to justify a longer-term contract.

"We were willing to look at an extension to this short-term contract with Olivier. However, he was not willing to accept these terms."

The 30-year-old one-time French international arrived in Glasgow as a free agent, having been released by Wigan in the summer.

Kapo was limited to just two appearances for Celtic, coming on as a substitute in a 2-0 win over St Johnstone and starting the following game against Motherwell on 29 December.

But he lasted just 38 minutes of the 1-0 win at Celtic Park.

:lol: :lol:

Celtic have released former Birmingham and Juventus midfielder Olivier Kapo, who arrived at the club on 4 November.

"He signed a contract which allowed us to terminate on 10 January," manager Neil Lennon told his club's website.

"Celtic took this option to terminate as we felt he had not done enough to justify a longer-term contract.

"We were willing to look at an extension to this short-term contract with Olivier. However, he was not willing to accept these terms."

The 30-year-old one-time French international arrived in Glasgow as a free agent, having been released by Wigan in the summer.

Kapo was limited to just two appearances for Celtic, coming on as a substitute in a 2-0 win over St Johnstone and starting the following game against Motherwell on 29 December.

But he lasted just 38 minutes of the 1-0 win at Celtic Park.

:lol: :lol:

So did they let him go because he never done enough, or was it because he rejected a new deal wacko.gif

In other words, it wasn't down to Celtic, Kapo wanted to leave. :lol:

He'll have been on a high(ish) wage as well! :lol: :lol:

Apparently he wasn't getting paid.

He was only getting paid from this month. And they wanted to give him a third of the original agreed offer :lol:

"On November 4, 2010, I signed a contract which binded me to the club until 2012 with a probationary period of three months. During that time, I required no pay. My sole concern was to recover the pleasure of playing.