***The Official Rangers v East Stirling Thread***

simplythebest

Little in defense ?

yes,he's played there before and I would much rather him there than the liability that is Broadfoot and i'm not sure about Cole,ideally we will sign a RB that would then allow Little to play in his favoured striking position.

Would love us to bring back J McMillan for the RB slot.

yes,he's played there before and I would much rather him there than the liability that is Broadfoot and i'm not sure about Cole,ideally we will sign a RB that would then allow Little to play in his favoured striking position.

Would love us to bring back J McMillan for the RB slot.

you made a good case. This kind of discussion is mostly why I read the forum.

Why would you leave McCulloch out?

He is so important to us right now.

i agree that Jig is imperative going forward. and actually have £10 bucks on him being top scorer for this year.

but the reason i left him on the bench for the next game was because its at Ibrox we should have most of the ball and would like to see how we play withour him for 45 mins.

I remember reading when Alex Ferguson sold Van Nistelrooy, he said that he thought Van Nistelrooy made them too one dimensional and uncreative in midfield. something that was clearly lacking in the peterhead game. I really wanna see Rangers pass these teams off the pitch!

:21:

i agree that Jig is imperative going forward. and actually have £10 bucks on him being top scorer for this year.

but the reason i left him on the bench for the next game was because its at Ibrox we should have most of the ball and would like to see how we play withour him for 45 mins.

I remember reading when Alex Ferguson sold Van Nistelrooy, he said that he thought Van Nistelrooy made them too one dimensional and uncreative in midfield. something that was clearly lacking in the peterhead game. I really wanna see Rangers pass these teams off the pitch!

cant really blame Jig for lack of creativity in midfield when they could hardly string two passes together,think Black looks extremely rusty due to not training much after his hernia injury and Shiels will only improve as he gets to know his new team mates,we just have to give them a bit of time to settle and the midfield will be fine with young McKay another plus point,still undecided on young McLeod though as he's yet to impose himself in any of the games so far maybe he's been thrown into the first team too soon and Hutton would be a better choice.

A far bigger concern for me would be our inabilty to pass the ball out from the back,international players like Goian,Boca and Broadfoot cant seem to string two passes together which in turn is affecting the whole sides ball retention and this is where all our problems stem from,Goian seems to be going through the motions and I feel it would be best for all concerned if he left I feel his performances are dragging Boca's down also.

Broadfoot should also be dropped as I think he needs bringing down a peg or two,seems to think he can stroll through these games and again looks to have no understanding with Goian,would love to see a new RB but if not I do feel that Broadfoot is adequate for this level he just needs a kick up the arse at the minute.

cant really blame Jig for lack of creativity in midfield when they could hardly string two passes together,think Black looks extremely rusty due to not training much after his hernia injury and Shiels will only improve as he gets to know his new team mates,we just have to give them a bit of time to settle and the midfield will be fine with young McKay another plus point,still undecided on young McLeod though as he's yet to impose himself in any of the games so far maybe he's been thrown into the first team too soon and Hutton would be a better choice.

A far bigger concern for me would be our inabilty to pass the ball out from the back,international players like Goian,Boca and Broadfoot cant seem to string two passes together which in turn is affecting the whole sides ball retention and this is where all our problems stem from,Goian seems to be going through the motions and I feel it would be best for all concerned if he left I feel his performances are dragging Boca's down also.

Broadfoot should also be dropped as I think he needs bringing down a peg or two,seems to think he can stroll through these games and again looks to have no understanding with Goian,would love to see a new RB but if not I do feel that Broadfoot is adequate for this level he just needs a kick up the arse at the minute.

yeah i agree with your points and defo agree on Goian, his heart isnt in it, time to go Brazilian!

Larissa-Franca-brazilian-M.jpg

yeah i agree with your points and defo agree on Goian, his heart isnt in it, time to go Brazilian!

Larissa-Franca-brazilian-M.jpg

be interesting to see how the Brazilian does certainly has a good pedigree having played in Seria A for a number of seasons but then again so did Goian,I was hoping that once fit Perry would get an extended run in the side this season.

I wouldnt like it if Cribari was picked on reputation ahead of Perry,he will have to earn his place in the side.

Can't amke my mind up what the teamshould be, but East Stirling are not the greatest and Sandazza should get a start as I think he's on the verge of getting his shooting boots, or head, on. What a good confidence booster it would be for him to score a hatrick in a packed Ibrox.

Is there no way we can punt Goian off? Not even a third div side would want him based on his displays, last years included???

EAST STIRLING assistant manager Matt Kerr was a 7-1 loser on a previous visit to Ibrox but insists his team is coming to the stadium looking for a positive result this weekend.

John Coughlin’s deputy knows Shire are massive underdogs for a match which is likely to be watched by a capacity crowd of over 50,000 fans.

Even so, their players will be sent out to play knowing they can only gain from the fixture and they will be told to perform with freedom and to enjoy the experience.

Kerr was Coughlin’s assistant at St Mirren when they were thrashed in Govan back in 2000, with a young Kenny Miller famously scoring five times on that occasion.

This time around he hopes to see the team they oversee claim something from their outing against the 54-times Scottish champions.

Kerr knows however that many will expect Gers to win handsomely and he admits Ally McCoist’s men should be too strong for his own.

He told RangersTV.tv: “I think when you look at the players Alistair is signing just now, Rangers are a very strong team.

“I don’t think anyone expects them not to go up this year but we’ll to there (to Ibrox) and have a go.

“I’ve been there before with St Mirren and we got beaten 7-1 and that wasn’t very nice but hopefully that won’t happen again.

“The boys will certainly be up for it and they’ll work hard. We’ve got a young team and as long as they don’t freeze, I think they’ll enjoy it.

“Whatever the score will be, we’ll do our best to get something out of the game and if we get anything at all it will be a fantastic bonus.”

Kerr is of the opinion Rangers should not have been moved into the Third Division and admits he has sympathy for everyone associated at the club for what they’ve been through.

He added: “I feel for the fans, the staff and the players because the things that have happened weren’t their fault.

“I didn’t agree with what went on but it has happened and that’s been really tough on them because they’re not going to find it easy.

“A lot of their fans wanted Rangers to go down to the Third Division though and I think they’ll enjoy it with the banter they’ll get at the smaller grounds.”

:21::praise: :praise:

This game is a good opporutunity to get the shooting boot on as E Stirling are one of the poorest teamsin the league.

If we don't get near double figures, I'd have to say that we might struggle in our away games againt teams that want to play ten behind the ball.

Go for it Gers!!!

Still think most of the players look shell shocked when they are playing. My thoughts are that any team that Ally decides to play should have enough skill/experience to compete against East Stirlingshire (I mean no disrespect, but they are pish). I noticed that The East Stirlingshire Supporters Club are selling scarfs for the match, one side black and white with East stirling printed on it, the other side is blue with "The Rangers" printed on it. You got to love them.

Oh WATP