Lafferty feels unwelcome at Ibrox

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The brick incident happened less than 1 month after this article. A lot must have happened in that month eh ?

He's havin a Laff surely ?

He showed his true colours when he faked getting head butted and got a player sent off.

He clearly doesn't give a fuck about Rangers and just chased the money. Unfortunately, like most players, it was faster than him.

KYLE LAFFERTY has told Rangers boss Ally McCoist: I’m yours to keep.

McCoist made it clear last week he is anxious to secure the striker on an extended contract.

Lafferty is keen to stay and he said: “I saw what the manager said about me staying here and it means a lot. He’s shown a lot of faith in me since taking over from Walter Smith and I’m doing everything I can to repay him.

“There haven’t been any talks over a new contract, but hopefully there will be soon and we can sort something out quickly.

“I don’t see why I can’t finish my career here. It would be brilliant to play long enough for Rangers to get a testimonial.”

Lafferty praised McCoist, No2 Kenny McDowall and coach Ian Durrant for the way they have followed legend Smith, who left Gers last summer.

He said: “Ally, Kenny and Ian have been fantastic. It’s a happy place to be and all of the boys are desperate to do well for them.

“Our team spirit is brilliant.”

Despite the financial uncertainty over Gers owner Craig Whyte, it’s clear McCoist is anxious to seal a new deal for a player who is a key figure in his plans.

Lafferty, who has four goals this term and hit 16 last season, added: “Things couldn’t be going better for me.

“I’m playing where I want to for Rangers, scoring goals and playing regularly.

“It’s brilliant playing alongside the likes of Nikica Jelavic and Stevie Naismith in attack. It’s all I’ve ever wanted in football.

“I’ve won three league titles and now we’re pushing strongly for a fourth.

“I’ve supported this club since I was a boy. I’m living the dream.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3899118/Lafferty-Deal-me-in-Rangers.html#ixzz2ESytyahi

ok, there's something i don't get here (iv not read through the thread so sorry if this has been mentioned).

he says after his car window was put in, he made his decision to leave. he says this was 5/6 months before administration, so this would be June/July 2011. if he was so desperate to leave, why didn't he leave during that transfer window? or even January? and if he'd waited a whole year, why couldn't he have waited another week or 2 to transfer his contract over so we could've got some much needed income for him?

i'm not buying it big man. i would advise you to continue to stay away from Ibrox

Away back to Blackpool beach and join the other donkeys Laughatme - simply because you pull on a jersey does not make you at football player. You could not lace the boots of decent Rangers men.

All you are due is a bale of hay. He haw he haw.

Jump the dyke bastard.

ok, there's something i don't get here (iv not read through the thread so sorry if this has been mentioned).

he says after his car window was put in, he made his decision to leave. he says this was 5/6 months before administration, so this would be June/July 2011. if he was so desperate to leave, why didn't he leave during that transfer window? or even January? and if he'd waited a whole year, why couldn't he have waited another week or 2 to transfer his contract over so we could've got some much needed income for him?

i'm not buying it big man. i would advise you to continue to stay away from Ibrox

I'd forgot about him saying it was 5/6 months previous, so that also makes it before the article from 27th oct 2011, I posted above.

Does this sound like a man who's decided to leave ? Whats it to be Kyle ?

"“There haven’t been any talks over a new contract, but hopefully there will be soon and we can sort something out quickly.

“I don’t see why I can’t finish my career here. It would be brilliant to play long enough for Rangers to get a testimonial.”

''In some cases they cost Rangers potentially millions in transfer fees.

The idea of slumming it in the Third Division was too much to bear for those worried about their career prospects and impact on international hopes.''

The article itself produces the real reasons for the way Gers fans feel and why he left the club. The rest is just drivel. If he made his mind up 5 months prior to admin' why didn't he say so at the time? The fans were aware of the hard time his family were getting( house and car vandalised etc) so he would have received a sympathetic reaction. But no, this pish is only relied upon now. In any case he could still have made sure the club got a fee for him but didn't. Wasn't he one of the players who renegotiated their contracts upon admin? If so ,then that's hardly the action of someone who has decided to leave 5 months prior , all he was doing was making the pot bigger for himself while being dishonest with the club and the fans about his intentions.

No time or sympathy for him whatsoever and can't believe the gall of including Edu and Broadfoot in these ramblings.

Lafferty, Naismith, Whittaker, McGregor, Davis, Ness, and McCabe.

Never come back, not even to visit. Money grabbers, every one of them.

You left for the sake of your careers and families? Doesnt wash with me.

Why would they even want to? It'd be like walking into the house of your ex burd who you cheated on.