***The Official Peterhead v Rangers Thread***

simplythebest

Very happy for Fran getting his goal at last.

As for the 'fans' around 12 minutes singing a banned song on live TV, Why? Do you want the club to be reported and fined ? Do we have so much money that you want to give it away ? It's only a matter of time before our enemies grab on to this and use it to put us down.

Anyone had any problems with the first row stream? I was on it for about 10 minutes and my computer locked up with some scam message the only thing displayed on the screen. Fixed it now (which was a pain in the arse), but just wondered if anyone else has had any problems?

Nope but then again Ad Block Plus keeps a lot of the crap away.........

shut up will you we aren't allowed to critisise we are just supposed to go along with it and be happy because McCoist is in charge :rolleyes:

This "demotion" was a real chance to completley change out footballing style and a chance to get out of this backwards mentality of Scottish football, a chance to play youth players, a chance to play fast attacking, passing football instead we are stuck playing negative hoof ball relying on the odd bit of quality from Templeton or McKay to create. Look at Swansea a team with hardly any resources they are a great team all because they are playing a modern attacking team with a focus on young players yet here we are in the Scottish 3rd division playing against a bunch of plumbers and joiners and we are set out with a negative team. We get the usual "Well we are winning some people just love a moan" but we are playing against plumbers and joiners a win should be the minimum requirement ffs, I am not saying we should be putting 6 goals past every team but we should at least be dominating games.

The same folk that are happy with things and who are shooting anyone down who dares to question out football are the same that want us to sign the likes of Boyd, Novo, Ferguson & Miller i.e. ones who are stuck in the stone ages of football.

I agree mate. We haven't been a good footballing team for a while and at the end of the day, especially last season, it's been the fact we've had better players we've managed to scrape a win rather than taking games by the scruff of the neck and passing the ball round about teams.

I don't remember the last time we actually played good football consistently. That's stretching as far back as I can strongly remember which is the McLeish era. Maybe in Advocaat which I vaguely remember we played some decent football, but you would expect that with the players we had back then. I remember the goal v Borussia Dortmund I think it was in Europe where we basically passed the ball from the keeper, into the backline, into the midfield, round about their midfield, back out wide, through ball to a runner down the line ball across and goal. 26 passes consecutive passes or something. If we ever see a Rangers goal following 26 consecutive passes I'll be surprised.

At the start of the campaign I was like you mate, this was our chance to change the whole structure of the Club from the youth to the seniors. At the end of the season, regardless of results, we would get promoted because that is the Rangers way. Yet, maybe there was too much pressure on the side to play free flowing football, knowing they had to get results and especially with the early away day form. 19 points clear now though, the pressure is off in a sense and I'd have though the players would maybe loosen up a bit and experiment a wee bit more.

I was happy with the wins before and the collecting of 3 points regardless of the performance earlier on in the campaign when we needed to get points on the board. Now though, and even as a BF1 resident who misses parts of the game, I want to see a wee bit more from the players in terms of footballing intelligence. We can afford to experiment.

Hopefully one day we will see fast, free flowing football and, as much as I love McCoist and love having the Rangers way instilled in the back-room staff, I'm beginning to admit that we might need to stray away from this "job for the boys" mentality to totally reshape the Club. By that, I don't mean McCoist is there simply as a job for the boy but I do fail to see what McDowall and Durrant are offering in terms of coaching. McCoist will develop as a manager and will, I believe, have his ideas for the future and how he wants to develop his squad and how he wants to play football, but the coaching and training needs looked at big time.

As for the 'fans' around 12 minutes singing a banned song on live TV, Why? Do you want the club to be reported and fined ? Do we have so much money that you want to give it away ? It's only a matter of time before our enemies grab on to this and use it to put us down.

boo hiss Fuck off! No naughty words were used, the UBT would have shut it down.

You can't ban a song ya silly monkey.

I'm noticing that all these so-called wee teams we're currently playing in this division have a great deal of possesion, which in turn gives them hope that they can score against us.

I expect the opposition to have some possesion, but does it have to be so deep into our goal area, because we're giving away too many free kicks and corners in dangerous areas.

Of course, defending too far up the park is going to give them the opportunity to make defence bursting runs.

From what little I've seen today, we do seem to be holding a decent offside line in place, but we're just doing it too close to goal IMO.

The banned song you claim to have heard went silent at the line "we're up to our knees in Fenian blood" don't try and start yer shite on here. Rewind it back if you have sky+ or V+ you won't hear the offending line so dry yer fucking eyes

are you hearing things as far as naughty lyrics go? Shut up