Are You Happy With The Appointment Of Mccall?

716 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the appointment of McCall

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who would you have brought in to try and save the season?

I wanted a guy in that would bring freshness long term with new ideas .McCall will be just like Ally with probably same footballing ethos .My choice would have been someone with no past connection to Ally or Walter .Months ago I said Doug freedman ...McColl is not the worst choice I suppose

I wanted a guy in that would bring freshness long term with new ideas .McCall will be just like Ally with probably same footballing ethos .My choice would have been someone with no past connection to Ally or Walter .Months ago I said Doug freedman ...McColl is not the worst choice I suppose

It's not a long term appointment tho (unless it works well) - I disagree that McCall and him have a similar footballing ethos, when you see the way motherwell played under him and the way mccoist setup - there's a difference.

Do you think Freedman would be good for a short term appointment with this squad? Think he would be decent long term allowed to assemble a team, no so sure about the short term.... but then again, maybe it will continue to be dire under mccall!

I voted yes to the simple question of - "Are you happy with........."

Happy that we've got rid of McD as he was f******* useless and deserved to be punted.

I think SMcC knows he could only get a short time deal. He loves our Club and can see what's needed.

If he gets us promoted, he could be in the management team for next season under, dare I say it - Richard Gough.

After all, he was also one of the backroom team of DK and if CG was rewarded, then why not RG.

Intriguing apointment, worked minor miracles at Motherwell, best of the rest in every full Season he had there, got to the Scottish Cup Final in his first half Season, showed majpr loyalty when bigger clubs in England wanted him and walked away when he realised he had taken them as far as he could.

Still has a lot to learn but I'm happy with this

As far as I am aware, McCall is regarded as one of the more intelligent/mindful managers around in Scotland, and also has a good reputation as a manager who has good coaching and training field abilities.

I also like the idea of consigning the concept of a "management team" to history. That does not work -- there needs to be a clear chain of command in the dugout, starting with an experienced manager.

So, yes, I'm pleased at the appointment.

Big yes, only sensible option, knows our club and knows our opponents. If he can get a reaction from the players and get a win at the weekend he'll have something to build on, we cant afford to write off this season, I'll be getting right behind our new manager and wish him all the best.

No reason at all why the medium to long term planning cant be carried out in the meantime, we cant just abandon this season. its not one or the other.