Andy Halliday Joins Rangers - Offical

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferguson on Halliday and Warbara.

Life moves on and it’s great to see my old Blackpool team-mate Andy Halliday on trial at Ibrox.

I signed Andy, I really liked him but he’s the type of boy who will tell you where he wants to play.

I had him on the right and the left but I played him at left-back for the final five games of the season and he was my best player.

He’s a lovely guy and great about the dressing room but the bottom line is he has bags of ability. I’m surprised no one wanted to keep him in England. When I saw he was going to Rangers on trial I thought it was a no-brainer – he’d be a great signing.

He came to prominence when he scored in Bradford’s 4-2 win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in January but I knew about him before then.

I had him at Blackpool for three months and he was different class. I couldn’t fault him but if there’s one thing I would say then he’s maybe too nice if there is such a thing.

He worked his backside off for me and I think he’d be a perfect fit, the fans would love him as he’s a huge supporter of the club himself.

He’s a fan first and a player second – but a right good player at that.

I also played at Blackpool with Reece Wabara and he’s also been brought in on trial. He arrived at Blackpool on loan from Manchester City and is a fit boy and a physical specimen. He didn’t play often but that was due to niggling injuries.

He’s a right-back to bombs up and down the touchline. He had a decent apprenticeship at a huge club so he knows the game and is more than capable of doing a job for Rangers.

Supposedly Warbara has been offered a contract after impressing the past week, Halliday hasn't.

Personally I don't think he's good enough. People can talk about the state we are in and how we need to be realistic but I honestly don't think this guy would be at Murray Park if he wasn't a Gers fan.

Personally I don't think he's good enough. People can talk about the state we are in and how we need to be realistic but I honestly don't think this guy would be at Murray Park if he wasn't a Gers fan.

Halliday and Wabara are the two possible signings that concern me. Both played league 1 and if you read forums, Donny fans are scathing of Wabara, whilst Bradford supporters believe Halliday is an average squad player

We need players who will be capable to challenging SPL next year, not guys we struggled league 1.

On the flip side, keirnan and foderingham come with great plaudits from fans so look forward to seeing them

Halliday and Wabara are the two possible signings that concern me. Both played league 1 and if you read forums, Donny fans are scathing of Wabara, whilst Bradford supporters believe Halliday is an average squad player

We need players who will be capable to challenging SPL next year, not guys we struggled league 1.

On the flip side, keirnan and foderingham come with great plaudits from fans so look forward to seeing them

League One players are capable of challenging for the SPL next year.

I dont see the fuss about this, if it was another Bradford City player people wouldnt be bothered but because hes a Rangers fan and pals with Scott Allan people would still sign him.

I would rather trust the manager and if he doesnt get signed then so be it.

I dont see the fuss about this, if it was another Bradford City player people wouldnt be bothered but because hes a Rangers fan and pals with Scott Allan people would still sign him.

I would rather trust the manager and if he doesnt get signed then so be it.

He also played for us before in a team with Scott Allan, holiday Daz, Nicky Clark, Danny Willson, i think that is where the friendship angle comes in.

People want Ciftci and he was deemed not good enough by league two clubs in England.

ciftci is vastly over rated. He has some flashes but he's not the type of player we could rely on. Really hope Saville's XI sign him.

He had a trial with us last week.

He had been offered contracts from teams down south but was told he had to trial before we offered him one. Not heard much else since but when I do I will let yous know.

(tu)

Hope he did well enough to get an offer. I take it you know him?