****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

7 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Very disappointed to see Kiernan or Senderos get the nod over Wilson and Clint if I'm honest.

Completely agree, neither have done anything to be played over Wilson and Hill. Wilson actually looks a lot more comfortable playing on the right. 

What's your opinion on Gilks btw? 

10 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hope to fuck Windass isn't out :power_of_anguish:

If he is then the midfield must be:

Holt Crooks Halliday

Who'd you have up front? 

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

We'll miss Windass but we should have enough in there with Holt, Halliday and Forrester. Also Crooks is fit and Krancjar is available as well. We only have Thistle next week before the international break so we could potentially have Windass and Rossiter back for the league games and semi. ??

When it's put like that it definitely sounds less shite :lol:

Warburton's always going on about his confidence in every member of our squad, so there shouldn't be any problems as you say (tu)

Really hope he's actually fit and in the midfield tomorrow though!

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

What's your opinion on Gilks btw? 

Pleasantly surprised so far with him. Didn't have much of an opinion on him when he signed as I didn't know much about him. Shame he hasn't really been tested though. The saves he has made (especially a couple at Linfield come to mind) have been decent!

Think he's actually helped Fod come on a wee bit. Far more serious competition for his spot than Cammy would ever be :lol:

37 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Why is he in Blackpool?  That bit don't make sense, though he is fighting to be fit for tomorrow I doubt he'll be back in time, Rossiter is definitely out, so it looks like they are the only two that won't be available as Dodoo is also back in full training as are the rest of the squad.

Don't get why he would be in Blackpool either mate but got no reason to believe the boy who tweeted it would make it up.

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

If windass I'd out I would go with:

Wes

Tav  senderos. Wilson. Wallace

Holt. Halliday. Forrester

Miller Waggy McKay

Garner, Kranjcar, Dodoo, Hodson, Crooks and Hill on bench. 

I wouldn't play Miller out wide again in these tough away games. He was blowing out his arse against the scum after 30 minutes and struggled to get back and help the full back. Francis or Waggy out wide with Garner through the middle. ??

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I wouldn't play Miller out wide again in these tough away games. He was blowing out his arse against the scum after 30 minutes and struggled to get back and help the full back. Francis or Waggy out wide with Garner through the middle. ??

This is the problem in itself with the daft 3-forwards line-up.

We end up with 4 wingers and someone isolated in the box with no service and, as you say, Miller out on the wing trying to skin people and blowing out his arse.

2 hours ago, Amac9 said:

Windass' hamstring seems to be a real problem.

Was this not why Chris Burke struggled to play regularly for us? Then went down south and practically played every week. Pacey players, who are not quite seasonally robust, may require a different training schedule to others. Just hope we give him this as he seems to be a gem.

37 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I tend to agree, but just feel waggy deserves to play central in this one after his 3 goals. 

Foderingham

Tavernier Hill Wilson Wallace

Holt Halliday Kranjcar

Forrester Garner Waghorn

Shame Windass will miss out. Maybe too soon to plunge Crooks in.

Id drop McKay because this isn't the best scene for him Imo. Smaller pitch, intense game and he wont have alot of time on the ball. Won't be able to run at men as easily. Waghorn provides a much more physical threat cutting in.

10 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I tend to agree, but just feel waggy deserves to play central in this one after his 3 goals. 

Rather have Francis wide right than Miller as at least he'll track back and help out Jimmy Tav.

Wes

Tav Wilson Hill Wallace

Forrester Halliday Holt

MoH Waggy McKay

Assuming windass is out. If not I'd have Forrester in the front 3 and McKay on the bench. Hopefully a seat on the bench (and a solid run out off it) and a bit of criticism will remotivate McKay. Seemed to have a bit of grit between his teeth on Tuesday and was more direct. Championship opposition though, so I'm still on the fence. 

Miller just can't start, I'm sorry. He just can't. Garner has done fuck all except battle for headers and score from a yard in a 5-1 defeat. Waghorn in his natural position and O'Halloran keeping his place for me. He makes a lot of mistakes, but in every game he has one or two moments of real class - more often than not leading to a goal. That's what we need here. We need to be prepared to counter attack in spells - and without him we are absolutely fucking rotten on the break.