****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

If true and we're missing hot and windass then I'm starting to fear for tomorrow a little.

Same. We simply don't have the right midfield combination without them.

Hope I'm wrong but if that is the case, I can't see us winning tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Same. We simply don't have the right midfield combination without them.

Hope I'm wrong but if that is the case, I can't see us winning tomorrow.

I'm fearing for the whole season. Yes, we could maybe do something in a cup with a bit of luck but the league is gone already and I can only see the gap getting bigger. 

We need to climb this table and fast or we are going to get stuck mid table. Need a run desperately but with injuries and off field shit we are really going to struggle

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

I'm fearing for the whole season. Yes, we could maybe do something in a cup with a bit of luck but the league is gone already and I can only see the gap getting bigger. 

We need to climb this table and fast or we are going to get stuck mid table. Need a run desperately but with injuries and off field shit we are really going to struggle

I'd never scoff at or turn down the chance to win a cup but I think in our position winning a cup when we don't win the league could be a bad thing to happen to us.

It would paper over the cracks, make it look like we are progressing, no-doubt make the likes of King think we don't need much investment after all etc.

A cup is only a bonus on top of winning the league. For me anyway.

Winning a cup but not winning the league is a piss-poor season.

52 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Jesus fuck you give up easily! 

Given that We have a few injuries (it seems) and our league position a victory tomorrow will be an excellent resul,t whether we deserve it or not, I'm sure they'll be slinging lots of high balls at us and as long as the defence holds tight we can win. Going forward we can pick them apart if we pick the correct team.

Halliday Crooks and Forrester with MOH, Waghorn and McKay can rip them one. Just need to defend well. 

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

Given that We have a few injuries (it seems) and our league position a victory tomorrow will be an excellent resul,t whether we deserve it or not, I'm sure they'll be slinging lots of high balls at us and as long as the defence holds tight we can win. Going forward we can pick them apart if we pick the correct team.

Halliday Crooks and Forrester with MOH, Waghorn and McKay can rip them one. Just need to defend well. 

That sounds horrific tbh

Then again, if Holt and Windass are out we don't have a lot of options ..

The point in this comment was ... good question ... wondered that myself as I typed it out :lol:

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That sounds horrific tbh

Then again, if Holt and Windass are out we don't have a lot of options ..

The point in this comment was ... good question ... wondered that myself as I typed it out :lol:

It would be better with Holt and Windass in there right enough but I don't think it's that bad. Crooks sitting with Halliday and Forrester providing a bit of energy in the midfield. I'd take that over a midfield of Rossiter, Barton and Kranjcar!