***The Official Rangers v Dundee Match Thread***

49 minutes ago, MOH_MedalOfHonor said:

:ukflag: Foderingham/Gilks

:ukflag: Tavernier/Hodson :ukflag: Kiernan :ukflag: Hill :ukflag: Wallace

:ukflag: Windass/Holt/Tavernier/Forrester/Halliday :ukflag: Rossiter/Halliday/Crooks :ukflag: Windass/Halliday/Holt/Crooks/Forrester

:ukflag: O'Halloran :ukflag: Garner/Waghorn :ukflag: McKay/Waghorn/Forrester

----

Would start Rossiter if not injured 

Fairly hedged your bets there mate.

Good line up if it was 20 a side

53 minutes ago, MOH_MedalOfHonor said:

:ukflag: Foderingham/Gilks

:ukflag: Tavernier/Hodson :ukflag: Kiernan :ukflag: Hill :ukflag: Wallace

:ukflag: Windass/Holt/Tavernier/Forrester/Halliday :ukflag: Rossiter/Halliday/Crooks :ukflag: Windass/Halliday/Holt/Crooks/Forrester

:ukflag: O'Halloran :ukflag: Garner/Waghorn :ukflag: McKay/Waghorn/Forrester

----

Would start Rossiter if not injured 

Warburton's teamsheet will be similar on Friday night before the game the following day as he's still got no clue what our strongest XI is.

3 hours ago, NamibianBear said:

Don't care what team is picked (it's predictable enough anyway)

We know what formation it will be, we know what style of play it will be

Please, just win.  Anyway, anyhow.

Feel the exact same way. 

Foderingham had a shocker against Ross County (not alone in that). Gilks to get a start in this one for mine.

Holt also played his worst game for quite a while - he seemed to be where the ball wasn't with amazing consistency - so I'd be inclined to give Harry Forrester a start instead. 

If Crooks is fit enough, I'd also consider putting him in as the CDM and see whether his physical presence brings a bit of steel to the midfield.

I'd also love to see some consideration to likely impact rather than minutes played dictating when, whether and who for subs.

If we play like we did against Kilmarnock, we will win.

Due to the number of points dropped carelessly it's getting (maybe even got) to the point where games become more 'must win' than they might have been earlier on in the season.    I don't think there is much doubt that this is a 'must win' game and if that's the case I can't see Warburton starting with the likes of Crooks or Forrester (neither with that much recent match time under their belts and may not be sharp enough to get off the mark quickly and with high intensity).   Rossiter seems permanently injured but if he has recovered then like Crooks and Forrester he has nowhere near enough match time under his belt to warrant a starting slot.    McKay is off form so best he can hope for is a place on the bench.   Hodson will doubtless get a place on the bench.   Waghorn is not on form so best he can look for is a place on the bench.    Miller is at least trying hard.  Garner is starting to get goals.   MOH has pace and directness and might actually be the only obvious creative attacking threat (which isn't saying that much but there you go).   

Provided they have trained well, prepared well, worked hard and no 'freak' injuries we are getting to the shakedown point with this squad where the starting XI sort of picks itself ......

Wes

Tav, Kiernan, Hill, Wallace

Windass, Halliday, Holt

MOH, Garner, Miller.

If we don't get 3 points after the previous set backs, given we've had another 2 weeks to address things on the training pitch, then the players and manager should chuck it.

It's Dundee, ranked 11th place, we're at home.

Demand an improved performance, a reaction which shows they care and have pride, and a win.  Expect 3 nil victory?

1 hour ago, MelbourneBlue said:

Foderingham had a shocker against Ross County (not alone in that). Gilks to get a start in this one for mine.

Holt also played his worst game for quite a while - he seemed to be where the ball wasn't with amazing consistency - so I'd be inclined to give Harry Forrester a start instead. 

If Crooks is fit enough, I'd also consider putting him in as the CDM and see whether his physical presence brings a bit of steel to the midfield.

I'd also love to see some consideration to likely impact rather than minutes played dictating when, whether and who for subs.

If we play like we did against Kilmarnock, we will win.

Hard to argue with that tbh.

Thought Wes had a shocker last time out and looked a bag of nerves.

Wallace for me will be back to his very very best this week and for the rest of the season, his confidence will be sky high following the Scotland game.  I'd have Waghorn go play with the kids now, doesn't want to be here.  The team have also trained well this week, watched the videos, forgot the videos, and are in good shape.