*** The Official RB Leipzig vsRangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Garner was £1.8M and MOH was £250k although I have seen other souces saying possibly up to £500k.   Still, I understand the point you are making.

MoH as little as 250k? For some reason I thought he was 800-900k Mark? 

But yeah?? I don't think the call for investment is unjustified - but what we've spent has been more than enough for the level we're at and have been - we just need to keep improving and bringing in the right players for cheap and hope to make a big profit 

1 minute ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

MoH as little as 250k? For some reason I thought he was 800-900k Mark? 

But yeah?? I don't think the call for investment is unjustified - but what we've spent has been more than enough for the level we're at and have been - we just need to keep improving and bringing in the right players for cheap and hope to make a big profit 

The problem is, which of the players brought in over the last 18 months would make us any profit?   I would be loathe to give MW a cheque book.

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

Why is it still a shock to anyone how average Rangers are now. We just played a team who would compete in the champions league with an unlimited transfer budget. We're battling Aberdeen for second place and have got Wigan rejects running about 

We never stood a chance against a team of this calibre. They'd run over every team in Scotland with ease.  Fuck knows what everyone in here was expecting

Scoreline is irrelevant to me, we were always going to come up short in all areas of the pitch against this mob. What I expected to see today and all season was a team that was confident in possession but struggled at either ends of the pitch due to a lack of quality. What we got and what we've had all season is a team that struggles to string three passes together when pressured. The only times we look like a decent team in possession is against teams who sit back and invite us on. I mean what's the point of having all the defensive drawbacks of a Warburton system if the team is so poor that you don't get the positives out of it. We have looked just as bad against shitey teams in the SPHELL as we did today, the exception being the Germans punished us for it.

34 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, I said the home strip was a red line though. They'd WANT to recognise our history.

deluding yourself mate, I can understand why so some would hope that but they just don't do it, we can't say do it all costs then start expecting them to make exceptions to the rule

You take their coin you play by their rules, new name, new colours, new badge and intentionally ignoring the history of the football club, a horrible outcome IMO I'd rather watch a Rangers team be less successful than watch a team we don't recognise, who don't recognise our traditions and don't recognise our heritage, colours & badges included.

I want my boy to see Rangers in royal blue, with the badge we all know, with the club acknowledging our rich history, Rangers are an identity, you lose that you lose everything.

Didnt expect us to win the game but i did expect us to be able to string some passes together and at least test the keeper on occasion, we give the ball away far to easily and when we do have it we are easily dispossed, very poor team , fans, exceptional, what happened to 'send them home happy' ?

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

The problem is, which of the players brought in over the last 18 months would make us any profit?   I would be loathe to give MW a cheque book.

I can see your point but disagree ??

The profit we can make on mckay could easily be a 5 or 6 million figure. Dare I say Windass, if he manages to stay injury free is easily a million - 2 million player, same goes for waghorn imo. Rossiter is the big one, but his injury problems are beyond belief. 

Fod? 3-4 mil? 

The idea is there from Warburton, but we've been so unlucky with injuries and what not. 

The rest ( Holt Halliday Tav MoH Kiernan Forrester ) between 500k and 1 mil. 

Not big figures, but more than enough to reinvest and pick up lads like those spawny cunts have picked up in wanyama/dembele etc 

Leipzig are a good team and although this was "only" a friendly, it showed us where we are, and that's 3 yards off the pace.

It also showed us what we already know, in that we have far too many players who are substandard, even for the SPL. We lie 2nd with a poor set of players, showing how poor the league is.

It's easy to blame MW, but he can only work with the money he is given, which is very little. 

There is only one answer to this problem and that's for the South African Mendaceous one to back his mouth up and start investing.

Let's face it guys, the only folk who have kept this great Club alive in the past 4 years are us, the ST holders and supporters.

29 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

I'd also like to say that Celtic would've gotten smashed too.

... is the most irrelevant post I've seen on here.   This game was hailed as our chance to see the standard we will face when we get into Europe next season.   On the evidence of today I see no hope for us and any ideas that getting into Europe will unlock good income sources for us is like that new movie - La La Land.    I care how we perform - not how that other mob would get on (whilst incidentally trousering £30m).  

13 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

"What did you expect?"

Not sure, but I wasn't expecting our entire squad to look like fish out of water.

Pathetically limp performance caused by poor players and even poorer tactics. 

they looked like fish out of water against Hearts away, never mind Liepzig

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

Why are you really a new member who's never been on here after a defeat? as any defeat is treated this way and always should be.

Mind clarifying your first question?

Its a friendly against the second best team in Germany, I don't care about the result.

As soon as the opposition score against Rangers the team falls to bits and stops trying.

You can make the argument about how much money has or has not been spent but the team completely lacks fight and heart and that's down to MW.

When a manager walks into the dressing room at half time to ask the players what to do next it's little wonder some of them look bewildered.

7 minutes ago, offsiderules said:

... is the most irrelevant post I've seen on here.   This game was hailed as our chance to see the standard we will face when we get into Europe next season.   On the evidence of today I see no hope for us and any ideas that getting into Europe will unlock good income sources for us is like that new movie - La La Land.    I care how we perform - not how that other mob would get on (whilst incidentally trousering £30m).  

I said it as people were mentioning that Celtic are going to win X amount of titles in relation to the result of this game. 

I was was pointing out that they, like many teams, would get a drubbing off this side.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Oh well, we now go marching on to Europe in the summer. I just hope it's the women's format in fear of further humiliation. Get king, warburton and this dross to fuck out of our club. We are fucking embarassing.

No one wants to touch us in terms of investment, warburton should go but he just signed an improved deal last year so would cost too much to get rid and who would you bring in? Who could we get who will be better for less money, also the full squad are "warburton" type players, what if the new manager wants big physical types for a different system. That means a who new squad, who pays for them?

we are fucked tbh, without some sort of miracle free investment, we will be fighting for second place for a long time to come 

1 minute ago, NixonRFC said:

deluding yourself mate, I can understand why so some would hope that but they just don't do it, we can't say do it all costs then start expecting them to make exceptions to the rule

You take their coin you play by their rules, new name, new colours, new badge and intentionally ignoring the history of the football club, a horrible outcome IMO I'd rather watch a Rangers team be less successful than watch a team we don't recognise, who don't recognise our traditions and don't recognise our heritage, colours & badges included.

I want my boy to see Rangers in royal blue, with the badge we all know, with the club acknowledging our rich history, Rangers are an identity, you lose that you lose everything.

Deluding? More like you're panicking unnecessarily. You don't have to play by any rules. You set lines, and if they don't like it you say thanks, but no thanks to any deal.

RB have no reason to want to destroy anything about Rangers history beyond changing names and strips, but if you tell them that's the red line and make that a contractual obligement, then they can either work with that or go away. Or you can just make it a sponsorship arrangement, in which case they have no real power anyway. There's two parties in making a deal. As I've said twice, the home strip should/would be a red line, as would the name of Rangers. With a club like this, RB would have no choice but to accept that or look elsewhere, because the fans would vote with their feet if a deal was made without those cast-iron assurances being put in place, at which point RB, even with their money, would have nothing.

Aint going to happen anyway.

3 minutes ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Mind clarifying your first question?

Its a friendly against the second best team in Germany, I don't care about the result.

What needs Clarifying?

You don't care about a result involving the team you support.:thinking:

Just now, Smile said:

What needs Clarifying?

You don't care about a result involving the team you support.:thinking:

I would like to be able to read it and since it appears to be written by an infant I cannot, so clarify please. 

Yes I really couldn't give a flying fuck about the result in non competitive games.