*** The Official RB Leipzig vsRangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

10 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

I can see your point but disagree ??

The profit we can make on mckay could easily be a 5 or 6 million figure. Dare I say Windass, if he manages to stay injury free is easily a million - 2 million player, same goes for waghorn imo. Rossiter is the big one, but his injury problems are beyond belief.Ā 

Fod? 3-4 mil?Ā 

Ā 

The idea is there from Warburton, but we've been so unlucky with injuries and what not.Ā 

Ā 

The rest ( Holt Halliday Tav MoH Kiernan Forrester ) between 500k and 1 mil.Ā 

Not big figures, but more than enough to reinvest and pick up lads like those spawny cunts have picked up in wanyama/dembele etcĀ 

McKay wasn't brought in by MW. Ā  At the end of last season we could probably have made a fair bit by selling some players but on this season's showing I can't see anyone knocking on our door with a cheque book in hand to buy any of MW's signings.

17 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

I can see your point but disagree ??

The profit we can make on mckay could easily be a 5 or 6 million figure. Dare I say Windass, if he manages to stay injury free is easily a million - 2 million player, same goes for waghorn imo. Rossiter is the big one, but his injury problems are beyond belief.Ā 

Fod? 3-4 mil?Ā 

Ā 

The idea is there from Warburton, but we've been so unlucky with injuries and what not.Ā 

Ā 

The rest ( Holt Halliday Tav MoH Kiernan Forrester ) between 500k and 1 mil.Ā 

Not big figures, but more than enough to reinvest and pick up lads like those spawny cunts have picked up in wanyama/dembele etcĀ 

WTF :justno:.Ā  Serious over estimations going on here. Young inconsistantĀ Mackay would be lucky to bring us in Ā£1m and Fod about Ā£500.000. The rest of Warburtons Ā journeymen are worthless.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

We make the same mistakes against good and bad teams the manager struggles to see the problems. I took that from the Game.

So you think that MW fails to see what you see on a football field? Ā And a friendly game against a team that is miles above anything we will play for another year confirms this for you. How does it all pan out in relation to the games we need to win at motherwell and firhill etc? Ā  Will thistle and 'well bring their german AĀ game to the field against us?Ā 

10 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

McKay wasn't brought in by MW. Ā  At the end of last season we could probably have made a fair bit by selling some players but on this season's showing I can't see anyone knocking on our door with a cheque book in hand to buy any of MW's signings.

He brought mckay in out of the cold. If he goes and we get money for him it's down to WarburtonĀ 

Trying not to be too botheredĀ by the result as we were outclassed by a quality German side as expected can't believe some fans thought we could get a result. IfĀ that team were in the SPL they would absolutelyĀ stroll to the title, usually I try not to lookĀ into much regarding friendly games but what it tellsĀ you is McKay is the only player that has real quality and above everyone else in the team.

2 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

So you think that MW fails to see what you see on a football field? Ā And a friendly game against a team that is miles above anything we will play for another year confirms this for you. How does it all pan out in relation to the games we need to win at motherwell and firhill etc? Ā  Will thistle and 'well bring their german AĀ game to the field against us?Ā 

Ā 

I said all this in the last third of the championship he was making the same mistakes he still is.

Aye,there was only ever going to be one winner today.They knocked the ball around so easily and worked hard for each other,then they have the quality also.

We had aĀ couple of periods in the 1st half and a couple of chances in the 2nd but our passing and crossing is atrocious at times,especially bad from corners/freekicks. Their defence bullied our forwards and you can see how important it is to get quick ball across the 6 yard line,wi a striker who attacks that area,they showed us up in that area.

Both Toral and Hyndman look promising but Tav gets worse game by game.

All in all,it was a good workout,played at a decent pace,hopefully MW has learned something from it but the next game will tell.

Barry McKay RangersĀ motm for me.

Ā 

Please, a bit of perspective here, its not as if we were playing a top CL side like Lincoln Red Imps or something!

Second in the bundesliga behind Bayern Munich, it Ā was nothing more than a jolly boys outing, hope everyone had a great time. Last time I was in Germany following Rangers I got my picture taken outside a brothel!

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Aye,there was only ever going to be one winner today.They knocked the ball around so easily and worked hard for each other,then they have the quality also.

We had aĀ couple of periods in the 1st half and a couple of chances in the 2nd but our passing and crossing is atrocious at times,especially bad from corners/freekicks. Their defence bullied our forwards and you can see how important it is to get quick ball across the 6 yard line,wi a striker who attacks that area,they showed us up in that area.

Both Toral and Hyndman look promising but Tav gets worse game by game.

All in all,it was a good workout,played at a decent pace,hopefully MW has learned something from it but the next game will tell.

Barry McKay RangersĀ motm for me.

Ā 

The one thing that I have learned is that Warburton learns nothing. He is just one stubborn cantanquerous old fart that is a legend in his own mind. He is well out of his depth and the longer he is with us, the worse we will get. Second parts of seasons are not his strong point, as he learns fuck all from the first.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

The one thing that I have learned is that Warburton learns nothing. He is just one stubborn cantanquerous old fart that is a legend in his own mind. He is well out of his depth and the longer he is with us, the worse we will get. Second parts of seasons are not his strong point, as he learns fuck all from the first.

I've been wondering for some time if it was his stubbornness that got him sacked/left at Brentford?

Ā 

11 minutes ago, kanjo said:

What better teams have over us is pace.Ā  Passing is bad, but the pace of other players is really hurting us.Ā  McKay is about the only guy there with pace and is a regular and it is no surprise he was our best player today.

Ā 

MOH?

1 hour ago, jcb said:

How exactly do we achieve this when the motion to allow new investors failed at the AGM.

Scottish football doesn't allow for any great return in financial terms for someone in any case. Are there any businessmen with a Rangers background willing to take a chance?, doesn't seem like there are.

Most people wanted a sustainable financial model which ensures we never go into the sort of debt that DM presided overĀ  but at the first sign of hard times we hear nothing but "we have to spend" to compete regardless of the consequences.Ā 

They can get money into the club Res10 let's them.Ā 

Again the usual it's Scottish football nobody is going to invest. If that's the case you might as well shut the doors because we aren't goingĀ to win another league or will just be another top half club who win the occasional cup.Ā 

As for your last paragraph, you like a lot of others seems to think we want the club to spend 20/30 mill a season, what should've happened as we were promised by the lying cunt from SA was huge front loaded investment to raise the level of the squad to the quality and resale value of before 2012 that could've been done with 20/30 mill in the summer, then you can worry about keeping the books on an even level.Ā 

If you think we are going to get back to a pre whyteĀ level by spending 2/3mill in the summer and cross our fingers on finding young undiscovered talent your off your rocker.Ā 

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

thats the only thing this game is about surely? thats the main thing.Ā 

We are nowhere near that mob in terms of ability - the money they have shows with the quality on the park. Ā I think MW will be happy with that run out Ā -it gave Hyndman and Toral some game time .

I said previously its not going to tell us anything we dont already know - which is we are miles off top german teams. But thats not exactly a surprise is it? yet you would think people on here were expecting us to go and hump them. We created some decent chances - and the goal shouldnt have been ruled out, and i thought MOH looked good in a front 2 - despite the fact you dont wish to say anything good about it at all.

We still have a defence thats too slow. We still have too many passengers.

Ā 

Maybe we should have played Harmony Row and looked like world beaters.

Ā 

So what was the point then, we might as well have we went to a warm climate and run their arses off if it was just about fitness.Ā 

All they learned today was just how pish they are, alsoĀ if your going to give the two new lads a run give them the whole game both are fit and ready to go.Ā 

If it was really about improving the football then play against a team that is comparable to the early stages of europa leagueĀ football not a bloody next season last 16 CL team.Ā 

Was very apprehensive about this fixture but hindsights a great thing. Both goalies, McKay and O'Hallaron get pass marks. The two new loans didnt do much but they are not part of the furniture. Over to King, Murray, Gilligan ,and Blair to provide funds to bring in a squad to guarantee European group stage football next season. Bennet and the Parks have done their bit for now.

56 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Deluding? More like you're panicking unnecessarily.Ā You don't have to play by any rules. You set lines, and if they don't like it you say thanks, but no thanks to any deal.

RB have no reason to want to destroy anything about Rangers history beyond changing names and strips, but if you tell them that's the red line and make that a contractual obligement, then they can either work with that or go away. Or you can just make it a sponsorship arrangement, in which case they have no real power anyway. There's two parties in makingĀ a deal. As I've said twice, the home strip should/would be a red line, as would the name of Rangers. With a club like this, RB would have no choice but to accept that or look elsewhere, because the fans would vote with their feet if a deal was made without those cast-iron assurances being put in place, at which point RB, even with their money, would have nothing.

Aint going to happen anyway.

This is exactly what I mean mate, you're deluding yourself, the original post was about getting RB in at all costs, you don't set the rules, the only rule is the club take the coin and RB do everything else, you can't champion getting them in and expect them to treat us differently from every other sports team they're associated with, it's fantasist stuff, I don't hold it against those who would take the offer, it's not for me but each to their own but you will never get your cake and eat it with this company.

Ā 

You're letting the emotional attachment get in the way of your logic, I get it but realistically it just looks silly