*** The Official RB Leipzig vsRangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Under MW Nicky Law was much better than under McCoist. I doubt he'd have been much worse than Halliday and Holt. They're bloody awful. 

Put it this way, I'd probably rather have kept Law and pay nowt than pay 65 grand for Holt the way things are going.

Neither Holt, Halliday or Law are good enough. We need a level above that now. They done their job last season.

I think I am correct in saying that Holt hasnt has 1 goal or an assist all season? He works hard but its not there.

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

I don't know why people are having a breakdown over a friendly. Leipzig got beat 5-1 the other day in one. They're second in their league and more than capable of winning it. What were you expecting?

Well I expected that we might show some promise, I saw nothing except a bunch of journeymen footballers with no idea what they were trying to do.

Just now, BigAmo'sThighs said:

They got Dembele for 500k, wanyama the same and Van Djik for a couple mill? 

We spent two million on Garner. And a mill on MoH 

Theyre still beatable - and arguably our pumping of them in last years semi pushed them onto get Rodgers in and in fact did us no favours as they were happy coasting winning everything and bringing in the cash 

Wanyama was around a million. MOH half a million.

That's exactly the point though - they realised they had to spend money to increase the gap after that semi final and that's exactly what they've done.

They are beatable yes but miles ahead of us right now. Only way to catch them is to spend. 

Anyway, fuck them. 

Can handle being pish...no excuse for players not giving 100% everytime they pull on the shirt.

It really is depressing ATM, and its nothing to do with today before I get the 'What did you expect...."

Fans are totally tremendous, I'm sure they have left a lasting impression on Leipzig.

5 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I don't know why people are having a breakdown over a friendly. Leipzig got beat 5-1 the other day in one. They're second in their league and more than capable of winning it. What were you expecting?

Team full of wasters who couldn't care, that's the problem.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Our team to be able to pass a fucking ball or to look at least interested. It was a fucking joke 

Why is it still a shock to anyone how average Rangers are now. We just played a team who would compete in the champions league with an unlimited transfer budget. We're battling Aberdeen for second place and have got Wigan rejects running about 

We never stood a chance against a team of this calibre. They'd run over every team in Scotland with ease.  Fuck knows what everyone in here was expecting

Why is it still a shock to anyone how average Rangers are now. We just played a team who would compete in the champions league with an unlimited transfer budget. We're battling Aberdeen for second place and have got Wigan rejects running about 

We never stood a chance against a team of this calibre. They'd run over every team in Scotland with ease.  Fuck knows what everyone in here was expecting

Expected to get beat but I also expect any Rangers team to show some fight and character all I see is cowards

You still aren't grasping it Gaz, we couldn't pass a ball that's got fuck all to do with what we are up against.  We, ourselves in possession were woeful and pathetic. Matters not a jot if against Peterhead or This mob. The score wasn't important but the effort and endeavour was and we fucking blew it yet again.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Neither Holt, Halliday or Law are good enough. We need a level above that now. They done their job last season.

I think I am correct in saying that Holt hasnt has 1 goal or an assist all season? He works hard but its not there.

I don't think anyone suggested they were, it's just that if we were going to get Holt and Halliday, we'd have been as well keeping Law instead. Law at least had a few redeeming characteristics. Can't see any in the other two just now.

They're players that will have you bouncing between 2nd and 3rd in the SPL at a struggle, but that's it.

2 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Theyre still beatable - and arguably our pumping of them in last years semi pushed them onto get Rodgers in and in fact did us no favours as they were happy coasting winning everything and bringing in the cash 

4-500k on MOH. We have no Champions League football on offer and cannot match the wages the scum can pay. We cannot, at present, attract the same level of player for the same fee. 

Until the board show some ambition then we will be in a different market. MW has done well to get Toral in but we need significant funds in to improve on what we have.

It's a fucking friendly put on for the fans to get out to Europe for an away day. Get a grip man

I agree with this.  The point of the game could easily be forgotten but the fact is... we needed to play a game in Europe because that is where our ambitions now are.  We learn nothing against teams in Scotland because it is a below average league.

Under normal circumstances I would hope we would learn from the experience (not to quote MW) and learn to play the ball quicker but that is the agonising part... we won't.

Glad our supporters had a good day out though.  Germans from that side of the country and very friendly and welcoming.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

You still aren't grasping it Gaz, we couldn't pass a ball that's got fuck all to do with what we are up against.  We, ourselves in possession were woeful and pathetic. Matters not a jot if against Peterhead or This mob. The score wasn't important but the effort and endeavour was and we fucking blew it yet again.

We don't work hard enough and don't seem fit enough to play whatever system Warburton tried to play today, he struggles to see problems and act accordingly.

13 minutes ago, Smile said:

I hate now how we have become good losers i prefer it to really hurt players and the management but they just look glad to be taking part.

I remember Sounnes said " show me a good looser and I'll show you a looser". We're certainly seeing that now. We need to get a nasty streak and quick.

7 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Garner was £1.8M and MOH was £250k although I have seen other souces saying possibly up to £500k.   Still, I understand the point you are making.

5 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Can handle being pish...no excuse for players not giving 100% everytime they pull on the shirt.

It really is depressing ATM, and its nothing to do with today before I get the 'What did you expect...."

Fans are totally tremendous, I'm sure they have left a lasting impression on Leipzig.

This. I got stick in the match thread before the game for pointing out some of these wasters taking selfies and videos on the pitch before the game. The problem is our current crop are just happy to be playing for Rangers, they lack the quality, fight and mettle to be a Ranger. The Rangers players I grew up with went to every ground anytime wanting to win not just fucking savour the occasion like some of these imposters. 

The  manner of the defeat is the most worrying not been able to string two passes together and the ability to lose the ball so easily what happened too the possession football Warburton spoke about .

The midfield is the biggest worry  it   gets overrun with teams that press us and puts pressure on are slow defence. We've only got moh and McKay for pace the players brought clearly can only play for Acrington Stanley or Wigan because they seem inept in ability and  mentality maybe it's also a system that doesn't help them that they are simply not good enough to adapt .