Murty wants permanent goss move this summer

RFC55

25 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

"QPR have said: ‘You’re not having him, keep your hands off’. But football situations like that tend to be quite fluid."

Sounds like they've definitively told us no.  I'm sure there's no harm in asking but if they've no intention to sell there's very little we can do about it.  

The player can do something though and he has done that in the past. I'm sure given the option of a struggling QPR and a resurgent Rangers (with European football) there is only one choice for his career.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, The Wire said:

Perhaps, although they could be taking a tough line to get as much money as possible. 

Doubt it’s a ploy to make money on him, even if he was available for 3-4m that’s chump change for championship players, an the clubs know a prem team can/do pay double or triple that for mediocre players at the first sign of promise

i think it’s more along the lines of they know they have a young talent who they consider not ready as of now but who they hope after a loan spell, will be in competition for a place in the team

1 hour ago, RFC Eagle said:

The player can do something though and he has done that in the past. I'm sure given the option of a struggling QPR and a resurgent Rangers (with European football) there is only one choice for his career.

The only problem will be he is contracted to QPR until end of season 2020, so I hope QPR are willing to let him go on loan at least.

53 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

If Murty is now talking about signing players for next year, does that mean he has been given an indication that he could still be in charge next year?

If we continue to play like we have been since the January window I wouldn't be opposed to it.

None of the names we were linked with, whether they were just media talk or genuine, have left me gutted about missing out on.  

The Hibs game is the only loss, and I think that was partly down to how quickly it came after Murphy, Docherty etc. were signed.

9 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

The only problem will be he is contracted to QPR until end of season 2020, so I hope QPR are willing to let him go on loan at least.

He was still under contract at Man United but chose to leave. They have a buy back clause as well but doubt they'll activate it. 

Players have enough power to make contracts virtually meaningless these days, although the fee may be an issue.

First thing I would do this summer is sign Goss, Murphy, Martin and Cummings permanently (I know JC hasn`t played much but that`s mostly due to Morelos rather than due to him). We should also be shifting Kranjcar, Miller (retiring?), Cardoso, Herrera, Dodoo, Forrester, MOH, Hodson maybe more. On top of that I think we`d only need say 3 or 4 new players on top of our current squad as it stands.

He`s not perfect but I think we should probably stick with Murty next season, our current trajectory as a team is good at the moment and I`d rather use this as a season to build off of than another "back to the drawing board" summer.

2 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

The player is contracted to QPR and they've said he's not for sale.  You think he'll renege on his contract?  

8 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The player is contracted to QPR and they've said he's not for sale.  You think he'll renege on his contract?  

He doesn't have to 'renege' just make it clear he wants to leave. It happens all the time in the modern game. They will get a fee and not have an unhappy player on their hands. 

Theres always a way to make things happen if he really wants to move. At 22 I'd not be averse to waiting 18 months and get him on a pre contract. Thats his ultimate bargaining tool. Let him leave and get a fee or don't and he goes for nothing a bit and doesnt perform at his optimum for the remainder of his contract.

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I'm not sure if i want us to sign him permanantely for the same reason i kinda want Morelos sold.

My mate who sits beside me at the games and calls Morelos, Morales and Candeais Candeilas has began to call him Sean Gross.

Fucking hell.

Care in the Community at it's finest with the pair of you.