Rangers Eyeing Summer Swoop For Louis Moult

9 hours ago, VentyFour said:

Shouldn't be paying for anyone who fails at Preston. Garner was their star and he was completely shite.

Eh - check Garner, 1 of my neighbours is from East Coast of England and he says we were fucking mad to have gotten rid of him and Waghorn. 

18 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Eh - check Garner, 1 of my neighbours is from East Coast of England and he says we were fucking mad to have gotten rid of him and Waghorn. 

I agree Garner deserved more of a chance and I think could have done well for us. Waghorn you can't fault his effort but he had plenty of chance and was not good enough. I expect him to dip again next season after a good start at his current club seems to be his problem.

oh and I'd take Moult as long as its for less than what they paid Motherwell.

25 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Waghorn wasnt good enough. Garner i wouldve kept especially when his replacement turned out to be Herrera. Garner and Morelos might have been a decent partnership. But then again we would need a manager that could recognise the best way to play them together.

I’ve akways really liked him, every time he played against us I thought he’d score...and he usually did. Terrific physical stature and a quality finisher, we spend half the game firing balls across the goal that he’d score in his sleep.

Could easily be another Boyd or Novo.

For me this comes into a larger point where in recent years we’ve stuck our noses up at players playing for clubs like Motherwell, but some of our title winning players in much better Rangers teams were recruited from Dundee, Killie and Livingston amongst others. The fans seemed to forget where these guys came from.

4 hours ago, TMB said:

Over a 2½ year period he was consistently scoring goals in the Scottish top-tier:

1.thumb.PNG.c687e42bb42fac2b06ff42bad080331d.PNG

2.thumb.PNG.ef85188da1587f6f0679ad55781384ed.PNG

3.thumb.PNG.fa07530ff739a5b35d4199af45feb86f.PNG

If he can get 15 a season for Motherwell I don't think it's much of a leap to think he could get 20+ with us and the increased amount of scoring opportunities we would generate.

Mmhh I also see Kane hemmings, Kris doolan and Adam rooneys names on those lists...do you believe that any of those 3 would be good enough?

14 hours ago, JentleJames said:

I’ve akways really liked him, every time he played against us I thought he’d score...and he usually did. Terrific physical stature and a quality finisher, we spend half the game firing balls across the goal that he’d score in his sleep.

Could easily be another Boyd or Novo.

For me this comes into a larger point where in recent years we’ve stuck our noses up at players playing for clubs like Motherwell, but some of our title winning players in much better Rangers teams were recruited from Dundee, Killie and Livingston amongst others. The fans seemed to forget where these guys came from.

Absolutely spot on .A lot of bears have been saying it since last year 

26 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Would be good signing .Possibly matched up with Bates 

We’ve certainly seen worse in recent times, mate!

I always feel that he’s got a bit of the ‘accident waiting to happen’ about him, though.

That said, if we could get him for the money you suggested, wouldn’t be the worst half mill we’ve spent!

It's one thing scoring goals for a club like Motherwell.   It seems to me to become a very different thing for a player to then shift that form into scoring goals aplenty for Rangers where opposition sides try much harder and where the pressure from a huge Support home and away translates into a lot more pressure to deliver goals game after game.   Is Moult a player that could make that transition noting that for whatever reasons he's not done enough to earn himself more games at Preston?   

Maybe he could make the transition.  But would the fee to be paid and then wages he'd probably want be something that would be likely to translate into good value because he scores a barrowload of goals for us?   If it were Motherwell to Rangers then maybe the deal would be worth doing, the fees less and the wages maybe less.  But having got, it seems, a big rise in wages at Preston from his Motherwell days I'm not sure if its now a signing worth taking a risk on.

As an aside I wonder how long it will be before we hear stories of looking to re-sign Barrie McKay as another player who went South and is not exactly making a big name for himself.

Don't think we'll know the answer to Reformation Bear's question unless we do sign Moult, and it is a consideration. However maybe Moult would feel like he's back on familiar territory if he came to us and there's no reason to think he wouldn't start banging in the goals at a level he was accustomed to. At a reasonable figure, less than say £600,000 (guessing here) it would be a no brainer for me.

20 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

As an aside I wonder how long it will be before we hear stories of looking to re-sign Barrie McKay as another player who went South and is not exactly making a big name for himself.

I would be all in favour of having McKay back. The ability that boy has should be taking him to the top of the game. He'd absolutely strengthen the squad either as competition for Murphy, or for Windass as the number 10.