Mcrorie myth

ronniemca

19 minutes ago, five stars said:

He was playing well as a defensive midfielder earlier in the season before he got injured.

He brought balance to the team as we where rather lightweight in midfield.

He's not ready to play as a centre half in the 1st team. That's twice Murtys dropped Alves for Mccorie (he also done it against Hamilton) both times with disastrous results. As i said he's clearly not ready for that position.

Why Murty thought it was a good idea to play him today as a centre half is a mystery. 

What we needed today was some strength and physicality in midfield, the perfect role for McCrorie but he plays a lightweight in Halliday because he had a decent 20 minutes last week.

McCrorie's a good prospect, Murtys out of this depth.

Spot on. Murty blew it with that decision today

20 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

No one is saying he is a world beater. However we have consitently seen other teams strunggly agaonst us when he is in front of the back 4. Why murty could not see that and play to his strengths is a effin mystery

Consistently? Handful of games at best. A few months ago I asked the guys that watch the youth games if he was a stand out at youth level and in their opinion he was okay but not a stand out. That doesn't mean he can't be a late bloomer but he's ridiculously overrated after a few strong tackles. I include myself in to deluding myself that this boy is the future. In reality he has potential but has still to prove it.

3 hours ago, ronniemca said:

A lot of people stating  (or making excuses for his display) that he is not a c/ h. He has played c/h for us and his country at all levels with the occasional runs at right back .he has never been a defensive midfielder in his life.but all of a sudden he seems to be the answer to our midfield.he does not have the composure on the ball to control the tempo of play for a defensive midfielder in my opinion and c/ h is his position all be it he has an awful lot to learn in that position.not helped by playing beside a fuckin bombs are like Martin right enough.

I’ve got a head ache trying to read that

I think he will be a CH but he is to inexperienced to play in that position at the present time as any mistake will cost us and the fans will not tolerate this.  Best move would be to move him to full back or CDM where any mistakes are likely to be less costly.  Similar to Walter blooding Craig Moore by playing him at RB for 2-3 seasons.

28 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Consistently? Handful of games at best. A few months ago I asked the guys that watch the youth games if he was a stand out at youth level and in their opinion he was okay but not a stand out. That doesn't mean he can't be a late bloomer but he's ridiculously overrated after a few strong tackles. I include myself in to deluding myself that this boy is the future. In reality he has potential but has still to prove it.

Well let me put it another way. Has he been better at centre half this season or playing in front of defence? How was he his last of game at parkhead and where did he play?

3 hours ago, ronniemca said:

A lot of people stating  (or making excuses for his display) that he is not a c/ h. He has played c/h for us and his country at all levels with the occasional runs at right back .he has never been a defensive midfielder in his life.but all of a sudden he seems to be the answer to our midfield.he does not have the composure on the ball to control the tempo of play for a defensive midfielder in my opinion and c/ h is his position all be it he has an awful lot to learn in that position.not helped by playing beside a fuckin bombs are like Martin right enough.

Bates and McCrorie are largely untested.  If Bates played today he would've been badly exposed too.  Both of these young lads have been hyped up to fuck in recent months and there was always going to be a fall. 

1 minute ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Well let me put it another way. Has he been better at centre half this season or playing in front of defence? How was he his last of game at parkhead and where did he play?

In front of defence. Decent in the 0-0 and he played DCM.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. As I said he's had a handful of decent games as a professional footballer but no more than that. As a support we need to stop creaming ourselves over players after a few good games.

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Dembele absolutely bullied him today he looked like a lost boy.

We big him up far too much, not sure playing him DM would have made a difference. Looked miles off it along with rest of the useless cunts.

Indeed.

Whether he was facing him up at CDM or CB, Ross let Rogic get that shot away far too easily.

It’s all about nailing the point of danger, wherever you are on the park & he failed dismally with that one.

Boys our best holding midfielder already (though we need better, and have done for 3 years at least now) and an excellent prospect. Least of our worries. He should have been in Hallidays place today with Alves, as horrendous as he can be at times, at the back. 

1 hour ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Massively overrated player and if he had a foreign name he'd be seen as a dud.

Probably looks better than he actually is because we have become accustomed to shite like Halliday and Holt, he has youth on his side and will develop.

35 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

McCrorie is a good player - that's not a myth - he's a much better defensive midfielder than he is defender. That's a fact. To throw him in there today was all wrong. The team selection was woeful including him at the back. 

He's a good Youth player he's not a good first team player he's poor defensively and he's average in Midfield he was schooled by Malumba at Kilmarnock when everyone was stating how great he was he a very average player.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

He's a good Youth player he's not a good first team player he's poor defensively and he's average in Midfield he was schooled by Malumba at Kilmarnock when everyone was stating how great he was he a very average player.

He is not average in midfield he's a good good player

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

He is not average in midfield he's a good good player

I just don't see the hype surrounding him at all he's average and poor at the back even in Midfield he set up a goal for the opposition with his lack of awareness. 

Played like a youth player today up against a first team.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Mulumbu bossed him back in December and so did Dembele today.  McCrorie needs time to develop physically and as a footballer.  We can't just put him up against guys with EPL and Champions League experience and expect him to dominate he's not ready.  The real tragedy is that in Alves we have that experience and physicality yet it was left on the bench.  Absolute farce.

12 hours ago, ronniemca said:

I watched McCrorrie play centre midfield when on loan to Ayr  that is where Ayr played him in most of his loan spell. 

8 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

In front of defence. Decent in the 0-0 and he played DCM.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. As I said he's had a handful of decent games as a professional footballer but no more than that. As a support we need to stop creaming ourselves over players after a few good games.

Never said he is a world beater or thw finished article. The point is we do not have the funds to fill the team with quality of the type we want. So the manager needs to make the very best of what we have. Set up up so we are hars to beat. Murty failed miserably to do that. Mccrorie has shown he can do a job however. It was when he got injured were reverted to being shite.