Mcrorie myth

ronniemca

Said elsewhere he's looked decent at times, and really good in one game, but hasn't been quite as good as made out. 

Not saying he won't come good, but I think there's hope and maybe a bit of desperation mixed in with the assessments of him.

16 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Wilson was our best defender but some cunt made the decision to let him go and rely on the duds we have left. Few weeks ago Jason holt was captain and regular now an unfit Dorrans and Halliday walk in to side before him. Cummings scores a hat trick and is never seen again. Murty for manager anyone??

He cant get a game at Dumbarton.

5 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

He's shite.

Let's not fuck about.

He played shite today granted, but the boy has everything needed to go to the top of the game. Pace, athleticism, can pass, can head, comfortable with both feet. He was outmuscled at times today but has shown strength in other games and will continue to get stronger. 

It’s not unusual for a young player to find a new position they’re better in than the position they’ve grown up playing in, remember Bale started out as a lb! I think he’s far better suited as a dm, he’s not strong enough or good enough positionally at cb. Needs to improve his consistency if he’s going to make it here but he’s shown glimpses he could be a really good dm.

I said it before the game started that he should have been in CDM so maybe I'm biased , but even after 10 minutes I turned to my son and said that Murty should change it now, it was so blatantly obvious even that early in the game that the formation wasn't working and that they were coming onto us in waves, pull Haliday off, (it didn't matter if he would have been raging it's supposed to be about the game not about hurting feelings), Alves back in CH and McCrorie in as CDM, we had to try something to stem the flow, even after the 1st goal he should have done the same, but no he waits until they score the 2nd and puts on hat warrior Windass, and this is the standard that is coaching out youths FFS.

1 hour ago, ronniemca said:

A lot of people stating  (or making excuses for his display) that he is not a c/ h. He has played c/h for us and his country at all levels with the occasional runs at right back .he has never been a defensive midfielder in his life.but all of a sudden he seems to be the answer to our midfield.he does not have the composure on the ball to control the tempo of play for a defensive midfielder in my opinion and c/ h is his position all be it he has an awful lot to learn in that position.not helped by playing beside a fuckin bombs are like Martin right enough.

Fuck sake just back from injury and thrown into a tarrier game when we had a more than experienced CB on the bloody bench! Fuck sake not going through the team selection or anything else, my blood pressure is going up as I type!

The largest problem we have with him is we have nobody else capable in my opinion to play at centre half other than him. Until we have two centre half’s at a level which is expected of a Rangers player, he will be playing there. When we do though, he has to be played in CDM as that is his best position.

He's 20 years old in his first season in the first team. He's played a handful of games and been out injured longer than he's been playing. He got played in his weaker position next to guy that's better suited checking out library books. I think it's a bit unfair to blaming him.

He was playing well as a defensive midfielder earlier in the season before he got injured.

He brought balance to the team as we where rather lightweight in midfield.

He's not ready to play as a centre half in the 1st team. That's twice Murtys dropped Alves for Mccorie (he also done it against Hamilton) both times with disastrous results. As i said he's clearly not ready for that position.

Why Murty thought it was a good idea to play him today as a centre half is a mystery. 

What we needed today was some strength and physicality in midfield, the perfect role for McCrorie but he plays a lightweight in Halliday because he had a decent 20 minutes last week.

McCrorie's a good prospect, Murtys out of this depth.

2 hours ago, ronniemca said:

A lot of people stating  (or making excuses for his display) that he is not a c/ h. He has played c/h for us and his country at all levels with the occasional runs at right back .he has never been a defensive midfielder in his life.but all of a sudden he seems to be the answer to our midfield.he does not have the composure on the ball to control the tempo of play for a defensive midfielder in my opinion and c/ h is his position all be it he has an awful lot to learn in that position.not helped by playing beside a fuckin bombs are like Martin right enough.

Correct. At the end of next season 90% of this thread will agree. Same people who think Morelos is or will be a top striker