Wee Mo up for Young Player of the Year

Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos has been named among the final four candidates for this season’s PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year award.

READ MORE - The ideal destinations for Rangers outcasts Kenny Miller & Lee Wallace

The 21-year-old Colombian has hit 18 goals in all competitions since his summer move from HJK Helsinki and is currently the second highest scorer in the Ladbrokes Premiership behind Kris Boyd.

celtic left-back Kieran Tierney is looking to win the award for the third straight year, which would make him the first player ever to do so.

He’ll face stiff competition from Aberdeen defender Scott McKenna. The centre-back burst on to the scene this season, becoming one of the Dons’ most important players and earning a Scotland debut.

Rounding out the final four is Lewis Morgan. The winger starred in St Mirren’s Championship title-winning campaign, earning a move to celtic in January before immediately being loaned back to Jack Ross’ side.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Young player should be a given, not been consistent enough for POTY for me. 

up until about 6 weeks ago for me he was the only choice for player of the year.he had a dip in form early winter but this latest dip has damaged his chances 

but young player he should be a stick on .brace face .well I don't watch many taig games but doesn't look much at all to be honest 

7 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

up until about 6 weeks ago for me he was the only choice for player of the year.he had a dip in form early winter but this latest dip has damaged his chances 

but young player he should be a stick on .brace face .well I don't watch many taig games but doesn't look much at all to be honest 

You just know the greatest wing back in the world (no laughing at the back) is going to get it. 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Don't see why not - he's been pish since January but so has most of them. 

It can be any worse than the season Darren McGregor got POTY - he was fucking awful.

Still Cah believe we actually had poty that season fucking embarrassed folk paid to go a dinner for it too 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They just pulled a name out of the hat that year. 

I think they did.

This thread though, i'm shocked to see Tav get a mention he's not even top 3 in what's been a shite season .. he's pish.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

None of them have really, between him and Tav imo, and even he’s been push since he got a new contract

Maybe we can get a manager to motivate the guy and an acting coach to teach the cunt to smile and we might have someone. Pretty sure he is fucked after the Finland league as it starts early so should have been rested sooner.

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He’s in with a shout just for his goals but overall play I think he’s been pish. 

Windass is the very definition of a luxury player.  We play him just behind the striker and he does nothing by ways of chasing back or pressing opponents higher up the pitch.  He lacks overall ability and when we're up against it is nothing more than an empty jersey.  I honestly think if we a decent manager in Windass wont feature that much.