League fixtures out this Friday

29 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Has a team ever started with 3 away games in the opening four fixtures? Can't think of any, unbelievable!

People saying bring it on, happy with it etc are off their heads, we could quite easily be at least 5 points behind after 4 games and playing catch up, horrific start to the season for us.

Hopefully we won't have a long away second leg in Europa league days before the sheep opener.

Hopefully the scum have a brutal long trip if the get to the play off round as that is due to take place midweek before first old firm game.

We should be winning our first 3 games no bother I were 5 points behind at that point there’s something seriously wrong with us.

13 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Not one match has kicked off in the new season and already some folk are saying we need 13 points from 15 in the first 5 matches :lol:

I remember coming off the golf course in August 2002, to hear we’d only drawn our first game, at Killie!

Was in a foul mood, ranting ‘that’s it - league’s done already!!!’

Bloody nearly was!

But not quite..........:rangers:

18 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We do though. 

We obviously want as many points as we can, but setting point goals before we know our final team and the final teams we play against is utterly ridiculous IMO. If we get 10 points is the season then done?

I bet if we lose our first three matches some folk on here would chuck the toys out of the pram and say the season is over! As last season showed we could be dogshite and still have a chance of catching them. I have zero doubt we are going to be much stronger than last year. I’m willing to give us more than 5 games before saying what we need. :dance:

However if the statement had been reframed into “we should beat 4 of our first 5 opponents and draw with the filth” then i’d whole-heartedly agree :lol:

Ultimately we will have a number of new players who will need a bit of time to come to grips with Scotland. I’m willing to give them some time to figure it out and get up to speed. Losing more than 2 points in the first 5 matches will not necessarily cost us the title, that’s all i’m saying.

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

We obviously want as many points as we can, but setting point goals before we know our final team and the final teams we play against is utterly ridiculous IMO. If we get 10 points is the season then done?

It depends how well celtic are doing.  If they win their first 5 games and we're already dropped 5 points then I'd start worrying.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

It depends how well celtic are doing.  If they win their first 5 games and we're already dropped 5 points then I'd start worrying.  

Of course it depends on their form too. On the other hand, if we win all 5 matches and they drop 5 points i’d hope no-one on here would be shouting about the league being in the bag. It is a looooong season.

See really, it’s a tough start, but if we want to be champions we need to stand up to it.

That was last seasons teams biggest problem. All fine and dandy when things are going well, but falling to pieces under the slightest bit of pressure. 

Will be the making (or breaking) of this team. 

18 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Just met @cumnockbear 

The big man has already backed Rangers 19/5 for opening day at Pittodrie.

Says it’s no fucking Barcelona we’re playing for fuck sake.

£50 on the Gers.

I liked the big man.

Not enough to go to Gartnavel to see him, but he was alright. Before THAT night...