Gerrard interview

Smile

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Some good messages there.

I do think someone needs to explain the background of the sheep rivalry to him and any new guys. Otherwise we might be ready for a game of football but not for the battle and leg break challenges they'll be making such is their hatred.

That aside, it's all positive.

For Gerrard and his team its about winning the one one one battle with your opponent. Do that we win any game regardless of rivalry imo and that's what he'll be concentrating on atm

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

For Gerrard and his team its about winning the one one one battle with your opponent. Do that we win any game regardless of rivalry imo and that's what he'll be concentrating on atm

I get that. But I think it's naive not to make newcomers aware of the background. It's not just another game for their players, win and break a Rangers player's leg and they become heroes there.

Our players need to be aware of it, wise to it, and prepped to overcome it in their individual battles.

It's a small point but an important one for me.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I do think someone needs to explain the background of the sheep rivalry to him and any new guys. Otherwise we might be ready for a game of football but not for the battle and leg break challenges they'll be making such is their hatred.

I’m under the impression his side will be ready for the physical challenge regardless of opposition or some fake rivalry that exist in the sheeps head 

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

I’m under the impression his side will be ready for the physical challenge regardless of opposition or some fake rivalry that exist in the sheeps head 

Agree.  I think SG will already know what to expect and prepare for their dirty tactics.  

14 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Agree.  I think SG will already know what to expect and prepare for their dirty tactics.  

I'd put my house on the fact that Stevie Gerrard will have watched a video of every game we played against them last season, plus, he will have no shortage of information from our players.

27 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

I'm glad you are under that impression. He gave me the impression that he knew nothing of the rivalry. Which very much exists for them regardless if we care so much about it or not. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Think he'll already know

No slight intended on Gerrard whatsoever but we've heard very similar before and really we've learned very little about him from this. Nor will we until the full time whistle blows up at the sheep. 

Sure the guy knows how to express himself in front of the media as you would expect. We've had it before and it counts for zilch.

Nobody will know better than him the false dawns we've had here, the real job starts and ends on the pitch so I'm taking nothing from that other than the fact he can handle a room ........sorry but I'll wait on consistent results before I start to get excited.