Ryan Jack calls for Willie Collum to be demoted

Lloyd

4 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Makes us sound more taig like every day - it’s not the route our club should be going down. As Walter said you’ve got to be good enough to win despite poor referees and we were not good enough on the day. 

Wit you doing using taig? You a changed man, Pete?

1 hour ago, backup said:

Why would collum take the 4th officials view, when he was 50 yards away and collum was a couple of yards away, never edifying to see a manager clutching at straws when the evidence of our failure to compete is plain for all to see. 

It was difficult to see from one angle. Clear from another. Both could have got it right based on what they saw, but 4th official shouting foul got it right whereas collum didnt. Angle is as relevant as distance.

I'd suggest an official seeing that and seeing collum playing on is aware he's not seen it properly. And would be correct in that assertion plus their attempts to draw his attention to it.

10 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Force them into a strike

Bit of banter if nothing else 

I don't think that is the aim of SG or JR.

I think the SG's next step should be a meeting with John fleming of the referee's committee,  to tell him of his concern about the refereeing decisions in matches we play, and request that all our games in the Scottish leagues are refereed by a English ref, until the SFA install VAR and Goal line technology.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It was difficult to see from one angle. Clear from another. Both could have got it right based on what they saw, but 4th official shouting foul got it right whereas collum didnt. Angle is as relevant as distance.

I'd suggest an official seeing that and seeing collum playing on is aware he's not seen it properly. And would be correct in that assertion plus their attempts to draw his attention to it.

collum saw it he took no action.

DISCIPLINARY ACTION

punishes the more serious offence, in terms of sanction, restart, physical severity and tactical impact, when more than one offence occurs at the same time

takes disciplinary action against players guilty of cautionable and sending-off offences

has the authority to take disciplinary action from entering the field of play for the pre-match inspection until leaving the field of play after the match ends (including kicks from the penalty mark). If, before entering the field of play at the start of the match, a player commits a sending-off offence, the referee has the authority to prevent the player taking part in the match (see Law 3.6); the referee will report any other misconduct

has the power to show yellow or red cards and, where competition rules permit, temporarily dismiss a player, from entering the field of play at the start of the match until after the match has ended, including during the half-time interval, extra time and kicks from the penalty mark

takes action against team officials who fail to act in a responsible manner and may expel them from the field of play and its immediate surrounds; a medical team official who commits a dismissible offence may remain if the team has no other medical person available, and act if a player needs medical attention

acts on the advice of other match officials regarding incidents that the referee has not seen.

11 hours ago, Siwel said:

It’s not ridiculous it’s about time we started putting pressure on Referees like this. The players and manager just never had the balls to do it before.

Don’t believe in any officiating conspiracy against us but it’s definitely been easier to give 50/50 or controversial decisions against Rangers over the last number of seasons without credible objection or being called to task. Compare this with the East end who would be highly vocal and usually backed up with MSM or like minded pundits/ commentators (Walker/ Sutton) etc. Calling them out now generally runs against our supports grain however if by doing so it eventually enforces less controversial decision making then I’d say it’s a necessary evil and if I’m honest long overdue...

I'm happy we're calling the bad refereeing out like this but that doesn't excuse letting them stroll 80 yards to score like they did. We shouldn't have let that happen. Hopefully behind closed doors Ejaria and a couple others are getting fucking told for letting them score.

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I'm happy we're calling the bad refereeing out like this but that doesn't excuse letting them stroll 80 yards to score like they did. We shouldn't have let that happen. Hopefully behind closed doors Ejaria and a couple others are getting fucking told for letting them score.

for me the players reacted as though the foul would stand, then were caught off guard on the counter. Ref gifted them the goal.

If we hadn't defended so deep and tested their pish defence, this would all be a moot discussion. 

Jack just sounds like sour grapes. 

Its done now, no point greeting about a decision esp when we cant even agree on here if it was a foul. 

We need to learn from the game, adapt our tactics and move on. 

No more standing off them. Incredible Gerrard thought that would work. It just allowed them to stay up the field and overrun us. Its like giving them 2 extra attackers. 

Teams that beat them harry them, don't give them time on the ball and force mistakes. 

Playing the long ball just gives it back to them for another shit. 

They really aren't that good. Its been proven by many teams already. We lost that game because our game plan was rotten. Everyone could see what was going to happen if we didnt push them back. 

That said, they arent our biggest threat. We need to beat everyone else. It is all pointless if we dont beat the other teams. 

Just now, Sweetheart said:

for me the players reacted as though the foul would stand, then were caught off guard on the counter. Ref gifted them the goal.

Ejaria was with Rogic for most of the way then gave up. Ref isn't to blame for Ejaria not even trying to tackle Rogic. Ref isn't to blame for Ejaria giving up tracking either. 

This type of decision (where a ref doesn't blow for a foul) happens almost every single game. It didn't happen on the edge of our box, it happened at their box ffs. 

Players are more to blame than the ref.

30 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't think that is the aim of SG or JR.

I think the SG's next step should be a meeting with John fleming of the referee's committee,  to tell him of his concern about the refereeing decisions in matches we play, and request that all our games in the Scottish leagues are refereed by a English ref, until the SFA install VAR and Goal line technology.

VAR won't be happening in Scotland 

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Ejaria was with Rogic for most of the way then gave up. Ref isn't to blame for Ejaria not even trying to tackle Rogic. Ref isn't to blame for Ejaria giving up tracking either. 

This type of decision (where a ref doesn't blow for a foul) happens almost every single game. It didn't happen on the edge of our box, it happened at their box ffs. 

The player that was having an outstanding game backtracking and defending with goal stopping challenges had just been cynically taken out of the game. The ref cheated us again and Gerrard is 100% correct in his assertion.

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

The player that was having an outstanding game backtracking and defending with goal stopping challenges had just been cynically taken out of the game. The ref cheated us again and Gerrard is 100% correct in his assertion.

It's amazing that since Gerrard blamed Collum solely for the goal/loss that it means none of our players are to blame for the goal. Wonder if we'll be sitting at the end of the season saying we'd have won the title if only every single ref in every single game had given us every single decision our way :lol:

Just now, Supersonic said:

It's amazing that since Gerrard blamed Collum solely for the goal/loss that it means none of our players are to blame for the goal. Wonder if we'll be sitting at the end of the season saying we'd have won the title if only every single ref in every single game had given us every single decision our way :lol:

All we are asking for is a level playing field and not one that is controlled by a fenian media. The ref has cost Rangers 3 points this season already. That is not a normalised situation anywhere else in the world.  This isn’t just one game or even the first season, these cheating bastards have been at it for years.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I know but imo our players reacted as thought the foul would stand then got caught out when their counter attack continued. I agree we weren't playing at our best and I believe the team have a genuine reason for it. I also think SG set the team up the way he did to avoid injuries.

I'm still of the opinion that they had their best 11 out against our fatigued Rangers team and couldn't score, so the ref gifted them one. These bad ref decisions need to stop and the only way they'll stop is by SG and the team highlighting them and talking to the right people to force change.

Fucksakes it’s a foul! But before the game everyone was shiting it because of refereeing decisions that might cost us. The 4th official is calling it a foul and he is further away. Yes, we didn’t play well, but to be disadvantaged by a cock like Collum is bullshit. Absolutely call these fuckers out on their decision making. Keep the pressure on them. It’s the way to improve refereeing. (I hope). 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

All we are asking for is a level playing field and not one that is controlled by a fenian media. The ref has cost Rangers 3 points this season already. That is not a normalised situation anywhere else in the world.  This isn’t just one game or even the first season, these cheating bastards have been at it for years.

We should have been down to 10 men, how can we call them biased when we got a massive decision in our favour?

Just now, Sweetheart said:

I know but imo our players reacted as thought the foul would stand then got caught out when their counter attack continued. I agree we weren't playing at our best and I believe the team have a genuine reason for it. I also think SG set the team up the way he did to avoid injuries.

I'm still of the opinion that they had their best 11 out against our fatigued Rangers team and couldn't score, so the ref gifted them one. These bad ref decisions need to stop and the only way they'll stop is by SG and the team highlighting them and talking to the right people to force change.

the ref gifted them one :lol:

That is fucking mental :lol:

I'm sure Collum saw a foul on the edge of their box and thought yass this is it, Rogic only has to go 80+ yards and get round these 3-5 players and he'll score, this is the big chance of the game to let them win...