Ryan Jack calls for Willie Collum to be demoted

Lloyd

Sore one, but we can't go blaming referees.

See if we had done more to win the game, and gotten a bit unlucky, then perhaps you could say we weren't helped by the referee.

The way the game went, you can't go looking for excuses like that to bail out a pretty poor showing.

9 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

50/50 ??

I wouldn't say it was a glaring error, would you? Dermot Gallagher on sky sports suggested it was a foul against Jack. I don't agree with that, if anything I'd say our foul but it's not a horrendous refereeing  decision for me. We see plenty of them against us in Scottish football but that wasn't one and to blame it for our defeat is mega taig like behaviour. 

Dermot Gallagher says Steven Gerrard was wrong to feel incensed about celtic's Old Firm winner against Rangers.

Gallagher also feels Allan McGregor should have been sent off at Parkhead

Incident: Rangers appeal for a foul on Jack Ryan by Tom Rogic in the lead up to Olivier Ntcham's winner in the second half. Steven Gerrard was left incensed by the match officials after the game.

Dermot's verdict: "He may well have been calling a foul, but to give Tom Rogic the advantage. If you look, it looks as though Jack jumps into Rogic, I don't think Rogic does a lot wrong. I don't think it was a foul, and if it was a foul, I think it was against the Rangers player."

McGregor should see red
Incident: Allan McGregor kicks out at celtic's Kristoffer Ajer after punching away a cross, but referee Willie Collum sees nothing.

Dermot's verdict: "Everybody who has seen it knows it is wrong. He would have got sent off, and it would also have been a penalty. The ball was still live. 

The Ref watch on it on sky sports 

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11489446/ref-watch-steven-gerrard-wrong-over-old-firm-foul-says-dermot-gallagher

It's quite simple, if the management want to call out referee incompetence - build up a dossier of referees and pay a vocal QC to press the SFA for "clarification". It's been done before, and it's lead to the mess of the SFA we have now. If you are not going to do that, then all this posturing about refs after poor results and performances is going to lead to absolutley nothing, so either do it or stop whinging every couple of weeks when things don't go our way. It's starting to get old already.

1 minute ago, gsa said:

I wouldn't say it was a glaring error, would you? Dermot Gallagher on sky sports suggested it was a foul against Jack. I don't agree with that, if anything I'd say our foul but it's not a horrendous refereeing  decision for me. We see plenty of them against us in Scottish football but that wasn't one and to blame it for our defeats is mega taig like behaviour. 

Ref gives the foul goal doesn’t happen and we walk away with a point simple really mate. 

Cant blame the ref for what was a disappointing as fuck performance from us, especially the first half and we got what we deserved out the match but he did miss what to me is a blatant swipe on Ryan Jack and ultimately it cost us a goal. 

And fuck dermot Gallagher ffs 

Its only a matter of time till a poor refereeing decision costs someone their life, this is fuckin serious, people could die,  and know this, Officials", their blood will be on your hands. Murderers the lot of you.

Hows that for pressure on the ref.

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Sport scene had an angle that clearly showed it was mate, Rogics knee knocked jacks leg and cause him to roll his ankle. Deffo a foul.

Rogics left leg I think sort of hooks him on way down. But I only noticed that a few times after seeeing it. So it's not an obvious decision and certainly not one that we can blame losing the game on. 

Just now, gsa said:

Rogics left leg I think sort of hooks him on way down. But I only noticed that a few times after seeeing it. So it's not an obvious decision and certainly not one that we can blame losing the game on. 

Nah but it’s enough for us to start putting pressure on officials, we should have been doing this ages ago.

20 minutes ago, Siwel said:

It’s not ridiculous it’s about time we started putting pressure on Referees like this. The players and manager just never had the balls to do it before.

You might be right about putting pressure on officials.

In the context of the match, though, it feels a bit pathetic. We barely had the balls to stand up to their players so whinging about the referee feels a little ridiculous to me. I understand the manager doing it as there's only so much control he has once a game kicks off, but the players can or should have the ability to influence the game over 90 minutes. Regardless of whether that's a foul or not (again, I think it is) we could have prevented that goal.