Morelos discipline

Rfc1872

1 hour ago, The No.9 said:

Can’t be the difference for 55 when he misses half the games he’s sent off in then the suspensions, any striker that gets the amount of chances in games he does should have 9 league goals but his other side totally fucks us.

Well that’s a belter of an over exaggeration. 

So he’s a striker who misses chances, well that’s never happened before the sheer horror of it is just too much. 

11 hours ago, plumbGER said:

The thing is mate, if we had better players we wouldn't be having the discussion about the captaincy imo.

Players shouldn't need to have an armband on to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, or a team mate for that matter, we seen Goldson giving Tav a rollicking at Tynecastle just under a week ago, so others can do it if they wish. Furthermore, we haven't had any capitulations and hammerings with Tav as captain, which is more than can be said for other recent captains, but I don't hear him getting any credit whatsoever for this.

I think people using the Captain thing is a bit harsh on Tav in all honesty, sure we have had great captains over the years that he is a pale imitation of but I think it's just an excuse for the other players who are serving up poor performances from time to time.

I think Tav was involved in some hellish results last season (as captain) and that was why I did not want him to continue, but I am not sure if any outfield player would be any better. Gouldson is a possibility.

It is all about opinions and since Stevie picked him unless he is sold or God forbid got a bad injury then he will be captain for the as long as we have him I would think. 

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think Tav was involved in some hellish results last season (as captain) and that was why I did not want him to continue, but I am not sure if any outfield player would be any better. Gouldson is a possibility.

It is all about opinions and since Stevie picked him unless he is sold or God forbid got a bad injury then he will be captain for the as long as we have him I would think. 

After Stevies interview post Tynecastle match I'm certain that Tav will remain captain mate.

He isn't very vocal and not a typical leader but Stevie obviously sees something in him to stick by him as captain. I think the added responsibility has matured him as a player and he is better for it but I can see why people don't think he should be captain. To strip him of the captaincy now would also create a situation of unrest I think and the manager will be well aware of that so understandably will stick to his position until he feels forced, if indeed he does.

25 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

After Stevies interview post Tynecastle match I'm certain that Tav will remain captain mate.

He isn't very vocal and not a typical leader but Stevie obviously sees something in him to stick by him as captain. I think the added responsibility has matured him as a player and he is better for it but I can see why people don't think he should be captain. To strip him of the captaincy now would also create a situation of unrest I think and the manager will be well aware of that so understandably will stick to his position until he feels forced, if indeed he does.

Yes I am sure he will be captain for the season and probably beyond and I fully agree making a change in the middle of the season would be nuts.  

If Tav lifts 55 at the end of the season then he will have proved myself and many others wrong about his suitability for being captain and I would obviously love to be proved wrong. :thumbup: 

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Yes I am sure he will be captain for the season and probably beyond and I fully agree making a change in the middle of the season would be nuts.  

If Tav lifts 55 at the end of the season then he will have proved myself and many others wrong about his suitability for being captain and I would obviously love to be proved wrong. :thumbup: 

I was saying to the wee man on Sunday after the Tynecastle game that I thought Gerrard had gave him it as a reason for him to take more responsibility and improve his overall game and it seems to be working by and large.

I was telling him how Hearts had 'simply the best' on in the dressing room after they pumped us 4-0 and how Tav has endured some seriously bad times with us and tbf he was as culpable as anyone in these, hopefully he uses it as an inspiration to go and help us get 55, that would please everybody no end.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I was saying to the wee man on Sunday after the Tynecastle game that I thought Gerrard had gave him it as a reason for him to take more responsibility and improve his overall game and it seems to be working by and large.

I was telling him how Hearts had 'simply the best' on in the dressing room after they pumped us 4-0 and how Tav has endured some seriously bad times with us and tbf he was as culpable as anyone in these, hopefully he uses it as an inspiration to go and help us get 55, that would please everybody no end.

:thumbup:

35 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I love wee Alfredo but I'm starting to feel he is a liability that we would be better cashing in on - while his stock is sky high.

The only problem is - who do we replace him with if we want to challenge this season?

He’s not a liability, he’s the league and our top scorer  

cashing in would be the stupidest thing we  would have done since signing Daniel Prodan  

fact

To add,  you could say one of our problems is that we are to honest and actually try to play football, without all the fucking conniving, cheating and noising up that many of the oppo focus on. The sheep and the scum being the worst for it. It only shows their hatred, theitr lack of confidence iin trying to win in a fair manner in a fair contest. 

Can teams not go out and play the game honestly for what it is and may the best team win? Naw! Dirty tricks from the off and just watch those scum cunts at it on the 29th.

The cyincal tackles and jersey pulling will go unpunished, whilst we will get the wrath of officialdom for just looking the wrong way.

Lets play these counts off the park and fucking bury the cunts with football.

Rant over.

6 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Morelos discipline - more accurately his lack of discipline, and the lack of sufficient discipline in the rest of the first team squad - are creating a very real risk that the Club, the players and the Support could end up looking back on a season with 'what if' questions.   'What if' being what if Morelos in particular and the first team squad in general had not allowed indiscipline to rise to become a persistent theme whose disruption costs us valuable lost points.    

It'd be a form of self inflicted wound which, if it had been nipped in the bud early enough, might have produced a very different outcome.      There is a long way to go yet, but if the current trend of indiscipline persists and costs points to be lost then it risks casting a big shadow over the whole season.   

There's playing on the edge, or a little bit over it.....and to the very best of their competitive ability...…..which is where I think SG wants his players to be in games, and being so far over the edge that red cards become the expected norm in games with the risk of points needlessly dropped.     

I don't know how you say 'get a fucking grip' in Columbian-speak but somebody at Rangers needs to get that translation into Morelos' head pronto, and into the heads of the rest of the first team squad.   

We have had 8 red cards this season.  

1. Aberdeen away Morelos (rescinded) .   The Aberdeen guy should have received a red for twice deliberately going for Morelos.

2. St. Mirren home McCrorie.  No real argument with that.   Goal-scoring opportunity.

3. & 4. UFA away.  Flanagan and Morelos both for two yellow cards.  I honestly can't remember what Flanagan's 2 bookings were for but Morelos ' was booked for allegedly kicking the ball away. and then immediately a second for reacting to the booking.  Any decent referee would have spoken to the player and it would have only been 1 yellow.

5. St. Mirren away Candeias given a second yellow card for nothing.  A decision criticised by everyone.

6. Villareal home Candeias wrongly given a second yellow card.

7. Hearts away Arfield no complaints with the red card.

8. Aberdeen home Morelos.  Two yellows but the first should not have been given.

Out of that total,  3 red cards should never have been given and another two probably shouldn't have been given.  

I wish we had two really strong and had good passing centre midfielders. We then could switch to a 4-4-2. Morelos needs help up there. Must be difficult for him every game we play. Morelos almost always plays with his back to goal. We need someone who can get in behind the defenders. He ends up out wide too often cause he needs to run round the defence and almost no one gets in the box for him to lay it off or cross it to. Arfield does it on occasion, but we need more people to get in the box.