Goldson

jjbscotty12

Worrell  is the biggest problem. Haven’t seen such a bomb scare in ages. Millers goal was 100% worrells fault leaving Goldson to mop up again. Unfortunately he slipped and fucked up. Goldson has been good and steady thru season but needs to play with a consistent partner. Worrell is not it.

41 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

My god did you see him against Aberdeen?   Our defence was solid when we had Goldson and Katic. Then what happens we bring in Worrall and the chop change starts ! Centre backs need to build an understanding we were getting there but now we have destroyed Katic and by the looks of it Goldson too!  Get rid of Worrall and get back to a settled partnership either Goldson  Katic or Goldson and McAuley  and stick with it 

I have no idea why we are chopping and changing our two CDs so much, and as you say when Goldson and Katic were playing at first they were very good. 

For Miller's goal, Worrell  was to slow, let the ball bounce and let Miller in. Goldson had to come across on to his wrong foot to try and retriever the situation, he fell as Miller put in the shot. If you watch Goldson during the game he is always checking out where Worrell  is and moving to cover. On countless occasions I have watch Worrell get out paced, let the ball bounce or be in the wrong start position. Our defense became more inconsistent when Worrell started playing in it, he is the problem.

1 minute ago, ZZed said:

For Miller's goal, Worrell  was to slow, let the ball bounce and let Miller in. Goldson had to come across on to his wrong foot to try and retriever the situation, he fell as Miller put in the shot. If you watch Goldson during the game he is always checking out where Worrell  is and moving to cover. On countless occasions I have watch Worrell get out paced, let the ball bounce or be in the wrong start position. Our defense became more inconsistent when Worrell started playing in it, he is the problem.

Totally agree. 

Really don’t understand what’s happened to Katic he should be in along side Goldson their partnership at the start was solid and katic offers us goals at set pieces a few bad games and he’s dropped isn’t good enough stick by him he’s only young we should be developing him not other teams dross Worral is really woeful imo 

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Some utter pish getting jawed in here.

Their goal wasn't down to Goldsôn. Try Worral. Again!

As for the jersey being too big for him, then outwith McGregor we're struggling and you can start with our Captain Tav!

We do love our scapegoats!

Good try but both were badly at fault, they are not scapegoats they are just not up to the task.

9 minutes ago, Swagger said:

65 mins Worrall receives a simple pass, takes a touch and his second touch was a fucking slide tackle. Fuck him back down south ASAP

That wasn't the 1st time in the game either, he does it it least once or twice every time I've watched him play, but then I'm biased because I have just never liked him, and don't get me started on his passing either, always leaving a colleague with a hospital pass

1 minute ago, slimjim1690 said:

That wasn't the 1st time in the game either, he does it it least once or twice every time I've watched him play, but then I'm biased because I have just never liked him.

No he looks uncomfortable on the ball most of the time. That one was just particularly bad. 

There is either some sort of appearance clause or Katic is absolutely rotten in training because Worrall gives me the shits every time he’s on the pitch 

55 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Can’t be easy to find consistency when you are playing with a different player beside you every week.

Doesnt excuse his inability to head a ball to clear it, instead he constantly lets it bounce over his head and just invites pressure.

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

No he looks uncomfortable on the ball most of the time. That one was just particularly bad. 

There is either some sort of appearance clause or Katic is absolutely rotten in training because Worrall gives me the shits every time he’s on the pitch 

Personally I've never believed in the appearance's clause, but I'm now starting to come around to that theory as there's surely no other explanation, I honestly cannot think what his best attribute is.

Changing our CB pairing every game is causing these issues and it needs to stop.

Any successful team is built on a solid backline. But it takes time to develop.

Goldson and Katic got a run and looked great together. Then came the chopping and changing when it wasn't needed. 

I would play these 2 again moving foward. Both young and our players. They just need that run of games to get back in form.

Worral is heading back end of the season. Although Forrest were looking to get him back early. If that's an option take it. Mcauley is short term fix.  

40 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Good try but both were badly at fault, they are not scapegoats they are just not up to the task.

Worrall is a shambles letting it bounce and being caught , then all goldson has too do is smack it out the park , team 're groups but he let's it fucking run too , schoolboys would be embarrassed