What the fuck is going wrong and how do we fix it?

born a blue nose

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Davis will be 34 by the time the window opens and has only managed 11 games this season including international appearances because he can't get anywhere near a piss poor Southampton team.

I'll be fucking scunnered if that's who we bring in to try and solve this.

I’ll just be scunnered bringing him back at all, he fucks off in his peak and wants back when there is no takers in the big money league and he’s past it, no thanks for me I’d rather we bring Greg docherty back instead

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Sorry but a captain doesn't just happen on the park mate. I won't go into details but I was shit fiert of our captain in the PnD growing up. I ran through fucking walls for him incase i got attacked, behave yourself 

Not get away with that at Rangers mate, Kenny Miller an Waldo got their careers ended for hurting a few feelings and giving out a few home truths

Better players, simple as that.

I do believe the squad is considerably stronger than last season however we are missing pieces and for me the area that needs to be looked at most is central midfield especially if we're talking about a first 11.

I also think the amount of games we've played has been ignored by a lot of people. We've played 37 games this season which is 12 more than this stage last season. That is a huge ask of any squad. For me we don't get as many injuries playing less games and we could keep a settled 11 without Europe. Though it has hurt us short term the european run will help us long term.

39 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Our tactics and performances look to have changed and deteriorated more due to energy levels running low, injuries, players not available for selection for various reasons than being found out.

Think back to hunting in packs and the fitness and intensity we demonstrated over 90 minutes. It's lacking now.

6 wins in 16 since October.

Double up on full backs let our midfield 3 have ball as they have nothing to hurt teams, Stop Morelos.

that’s nothing to do with fitness or energy, that’s all you have to do.

Said it before: when these players struggle against Dundee and Aberdeen when we have an 11 - 10 advantage then don't be expecting us to hammer hibs. 

This league has been laid out on a plate several times over and we could be 9 points clear if we had taken advantage of it.

There's players there who just lack the psychological belief and then there's others just lacking the consistent levels of ability.

League leaders will slip up again, maybe once, maybe more. This Rangers team should have already been in a final. They need to step up and want it. McGregor and Morelos want it, not sure anybody else does.

42 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

Our lack of creativity has been found out (which is a squad issue). Besides him sticking boots on himself, we don't have game changers who can come off the bench and unlock a stubborn defence. 

If not Gerrard, then who? He's barely been in the job 4 months, and will make some mistakes but give him time...

He will get time but only my opinion; if we dont finish second in league then he should be binned. He wont be, he’ll be here  for a couple of years.

16 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Sorry but a captain doesn't just happen on the park mate. I won't go into details but I was shit fiert of our captain in the PnD growing up. I ran through fucking walls for him incase i got attacked, behave yourself 

Do you think McGregor sits all quiet like in the dressing room- captain or not

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Double up on full backs let our midfield 3 have ball as they have nothing to hurt teams, Stop Morelos.

When Lafferty has been poor of late, St J aside, and when all creative players are injured then there's not a huge scope for change. Personally, I'd go 2 up front and more direct.

If you're suggesting theres not been a drop in intensity and overall fitness levels I'd say you're mistaken.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

When Lafferty has been poor of late, St J aside, and when all creative players are injured then there's not a huge scope for change. Personally, I'd go 2 up front and more direct.

If you're suggesting theres not been a drop in intensity and overall fitness levels I'd say you're mistaken.

I’m not the biggest fan of Lafferty either but in a team short of goals what do you do?

Continue with a system that isn’t working, a system with square pegs in round holes or do you change the system to include a guy who there’s a chance can get you a goal.

Hibs played 4-4-2 against the tarriers the other week and ran over top of them.

Has Gerrard got the bottle or do we persist with the negative tactics!

I dont think anything major is wrong tbh. I dont think so far we've had the breaks that others have had. Like Lafferty's goal v Dundee Yes of course you can point to Morelos goal v hearts it was offside but thats one decision thats went for us ffs

We've dominated 2out of the 3 games v the sheep and not been rewarded same with the hibs games 

Most weeks we have deserved more than what we have got

Something the manager can sort in the up coming window  

26 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I’ll just be scunnered bringing him back at all, he fucks off in his peak and wants back when there is no takers in the big money league and he’s past it, no thanks for me I’d rather we bring Greg docherty back instead

Agree with this apart from the last part. Docherty isn't the answer either.

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Do you think McGregor sits all quiet like in the dressing room- captain or not

Massive difference. 

Do you think carragher could have told benitez to leave the dressing room, half time in a champions league final? 

Don't try and out do me in this argument, you are wrong, have the balls to admit it. 

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Agree with this apart from the last part. Docherty isn't the answer either.

I didn’t mean that he’s the answer, I meant I’d rather we bring him back instead of spunking money on a 34yr who’s past it, at least a year down the line he’s likely to be a better player not a retired player

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’m not the biggest fan of Lafferty either but in a team short of goals what do you do?

Continue with a system that isn’t working, a system with square pegs in round holes or do you change the system to include a guy who there’s a chance can get you a goal.

Hibs played 4-4-2 against the tarriers the other week and ran over top of them.

Has Gerrard got the bottle or do we persist with the negative tactics!

We played hivs last week and played the best we have all season imo. It's not always the tactics, it's largely the players. I reckon he now knows how much he still has to do to move on those with the weakness in mindset.

I've seen us play 2 upfront and it fail miserably too. There's just so little consistency from the players.

I think and hope he'll go 442 with as many boys that know what this game means and will fight for it. Who are least likely to go hiding. He's got to really.

Missing the quality in key areas. Must have been 4 or 5 potentially goal scoring attacks where we broke/outnumbered and needed a simple pass or a simple change of direction, nothing world beating, just a basic move and we'd fuck it up every time. Watching a burst into the centre of the park but then have to slow it down and go back out wide as there's nothing there. Really fucking basic things like when the momentums with us, rather than the pass going into the space for someone it run onto it gets played behind them slowing everything fucking down. It's too much for 90% of these players.

Unless it's about over-lapping and getting it out wide to whip in a ball then were fucking clueless.

Even when the plan comes together and we get in good positions out wide the final ball is consistently pish.

Roll on Jan.

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Massive difference. 

Do you think carragher could have told benitez to leave the dressing room, half time in a champions league final? 

Don't try and out do me in this argument, you are wrong, have the balls to admit it. 

I’m not arguing about “who” should be captain I’m saying it’s overrated. 

And it is 

We've got a manager who has had one transfer window and, despite the shambles this month has been, has done as good a job as is probably possible. What needed is a bit of patience, another two transfer windows and money to spend in them. We need better quality and if you don't think Gerrard knows that then you're fucking deaf because he's stated it outright on more than one occasion. At the moment I'm still sure we're in safe hands long-term. 

14 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

I didn’t mean that he’s the answer, I meant I’d rather we bring him back instead of spunking money on a 34yr who’s past it, at least a year down the line he’s likely to be a better player not a retired player

Aye that's a fair shout.

38 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

6 wins in 16 is fucking atrocious in anybody's book. Iam going to cut him and the players a bit of slack due to the amount of european games, but things better improve starting from Saturday.