Scotland Tonight

16 minutes ago, Inigo said:

In terms of public pronouncements, which was your complaint, he did what he should gave done. Part of his job is diplomacy, so I'd expect much of what he'd do to be behind the scenes. Neither you nor I know anything about that. And I'd say it's pretty unreasonable to make him responsible in any way for what Hibs fans (and various other fans, including ours) are doing 3 years later.

See this kind of stuff, it's not helpful. Just makes us come across as perpetual greetin faces if we start attacking folk like Fraser Wishart, who's pretty obviously a decent guy with no axe to grind. 

My opinion is he wasn't forceful enough.
The very fact that there have been no repercussions,sort of proves my point.
Maybe a player strike in support of Lee Wallace woulda been a suggestion at the time.
There were hundreds of Rangers fans in court for protecting women,children and old men from absolute fuckin thugs who were hell bent on a fight just to rub our nose in it.
Maybe it is long overdue we become "greetin faces" before we become the first club to trial Strict Liability.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

You're doing well tonight mate ...... a picture says 10,000 words ...... but a picture of a chicken supper speaks volumes about the sly tricks the tarriers will get up to to play down any part in the so called  divide their sectarian club is involved in ... and also being wound up by the complicit media to point the finger towards Ibrox.

:UK:

Tam Devine Mate, dae me a favour ! 😂:UK:😂:UK:The bridge builders on our payroll are playing their part as well praising him up tae high doe, I will not forget these chanty rasslers ! 😂:tu:

2 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

My opinion is he wasn't forceful enough.
The very fact that there have been no repercussions,sort of proves my point.
Maybe a player strike in support of Lee Wallace woulda been a suggestion at the time.
There were hundreds of Rangers fans in court for protecting women,children and old men from absolute fuckin thugs who were hell bent on a fight just to rub our nose in it.
Maybe it is long overdue we become "greetin faces" before we become the first club to trial Strict Liability.

Yeah, I'm familiar with what happened. None of which was Wishart's fault. Going after the right targets works, becoming scattergun doesn't. It just makes us look unhinged.

As for no repercussions, I'm not sure what you're expecting. The cunt was arrested and dealt with. As were many others. Wishart's job is to make sure best steps are taken to minimise the chance of it happening again, not ensuring repercussions. To suggest that the tone of his statement isn't recognising the gravity just seems unreasonable. 

Btw, bear in mind a referee was left bleeding after a game involving us. I'm sure we wouldn't say the only way to deal with it is a referees strike. Not sure what repercussions we'd expect for that any more than Hibs as a club should be fucked for a fan attacking a player. Should a referees representative have been slaughtering us as a club, or dealing with it more diplomatically? Different kind of incident, but the point is the same. What about a manager's strike for TLB being assaulted? Would have lookes as ridiculous to suggest that as it would a player's strike after Hampden.

1 hour ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Heard Fraser the  shitebag players rep on mumbling something about protecting players.
Hell fuckin mend you all.
Players were assaulted at Hampden a couple of years ago,one in particular was Lee Wallace who was on the receiving end of shitey abuse,even on International duty and you never uttered a word ya utter cunt.
This was an attack on a member club for years and reap what you sow ya fuckin clowns. 
Have to add that the fuckin ugly hag was wheeled out in support of trannys,and thought that it was something she had found out about Brenda,switched off within 5 seconds.
Would imagine she had something to say about segregating kids at the age of 5,in the name of religion.
Wouldn't imagine the papes would agree to separate schools for different genders.
So why the fuck in the 21st century do they think it's right to separate them to get brainwashed into the papish faith.
They must know it's a busted flush with the amount of abuse by every second priest in this vile faith. 

Fraser Wishart = Gumsy Lamb. Nice guy but :tu:

2 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

A very interesting arguement tonight from Professor Sir Tom Devine who is a historian and he puts all of the current sectarian uproar down to the media. It sells papers simply. But it has long gone from the days of where it refelcted something worse in society. That part has gone and all it is now is singing at a game and people go home to their families. The media want it to be a sign of a bigger issue as in west central scotland this type of fanfare fills shelf space. 

Good to hear the opinion of someone with a brain on the matter on the TV for a change.

Interesting point of view, if that is the case most papers have a political leaning, so who are the politicians pushing this agenda?  If this doesn't stop I can see Scotland being split like Ireland and Northern Ireland in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Interesting point of view, if that is the case most papers have a political leaning, so who are the politicians pushing this agenda?  If this doesn't stop I can see Scotland being split like Ireland and Northern Ireland in the future. 

People like Devine are put here to create devision, dem kafflics up to no good ! But I'm No Kiddin !

Just now, BLUEDIGNITY said:

People like Devine are put here to create devision, dem kafflics up to no good ! But I'm No Kiddin !

Who hires these people who cause division?

Why aren't politicians challenging them in the same way this professor did?

5 hours ago, 72barca said:

Their apprenticeship starts at 5 years old.

I get what you're saying but seriously who hires them?  

Do they have an agency that supply propagandists reporters? 

Imho, a free press is a fundamental part of democracy. but when false or distorted information is wrapped up in hatred and inflammatory articles it is done intentionally to destroy the reputation of an individual or an organisation.  

When this happens the media degenerates into a propaganda weapon with journalists who prefer to garner headlines by inciting hatred by shaping and manipulating their readers perceptions. When a  journalist reaches this point they have abandoned their obligations under established standards of professional journalism that govern accurate reporting. and the media becomes the root cause of discrimination, hostility and, bigotry. 

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, I'm familiar with what happened. None of which was Wishart's fault. Going after the right targets works, becoming scattergun doesn't. It just makes us look unhinged.

As for no repercussions, I'm not sure what you're expecting. The cunt was arrested and dealt with. As were many others. Wishart's job is to make sure best steps are taken to minimise the chance of it happening again, not ensuring repercussions. To suggest that the tone of his statement isn't recognising the gravity just seems unreasonable. 

Btw, bear in mind a referee was left bleeding after a game involving us. I'm sure we wouldn't say the only way to deal with it is a referees strike. Not sure what repercussions we'd expect for that any more than Hibs as a club should be fucked for a fan attacking a player. Should a referees representative have been slaughtering us as a club, or dealing with it more diplomatically? Different kind of incident, but the point is the same. What about a manager's strike for TLB being assaulted? Would have lookes as ridiculous to suggest that as it would a player's strike after Hampden.

Do you think we would’ve treated the same as hibs if the roles were reversed in that final??? 

They made up stories that we threw kids in front of police vans ffs. 

He did get one point right though, throwing chairs, bottles and coins etc. is the behaviour of the ned and fannies, fuck all to do with sectarianism. Don't care what team you support, throwing stuff is for wanks and you deserve to get your cunt kicked in for it. A song never harmed anyone, let people sing what they want inside the grounds but hammer the cunts that damage and throw shit.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Do you think we would’ve treated the same as hibs if the roles were reversed in that final??? 

No mate. By media mainly though, not by the player's rep.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Noticed last night, they managed to get us throwing a seat at the sheep and hibs a bottle at Sinclair but only managed a wee flare from the scum. 

Sellic have the most form this year. 3 x coin incidents. Considering that, they get an easy ride. One of the incidents (The European game at cp) barely got a mention.

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That statement was an outright lie as well as being outrageous and as far as I know no apology was issued or any police officer brought to book for it, he was on tv quoting that ffs.

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

That statement was an outright lie as well as being outrageous and as far as I know no apology was issued or any police officer brought to book for it, he was on tv quoting that ffs.

Don’t think they apologised either, was it not just a withdrawal of the story. 

But once the mud is thrown it can’t be taken back.