Scotland Tonight

13 hours ago, Inigo said:

Btw, bear in mind a referee was left bleeding after a game involving us

You want to equate one clown tossing a coin to hundreds of mindless thugs looking to cause mayhem as a way of rubbing our noses in it?
This sectarian shite is the outcome of allowing cunts taking liberties like the 2016 SCF,so hell fuckin mend them.
Cunts like FW are part of the problem in this whole scabby country.

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The police federation spokesman was complicit in that. He outright lied to the media to cover up the police incompetence and went completely unchallenged. Callum something? 

Still in his job as well as far as I know. 

18 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

You want to equate one clown tossing a coin to hundreds of mindless thugs looking to cause mayhem as a way of rubbing our noses in it?
This sectarian shite is the outcome of allowing cunts taking liberties like the 2016 SCF,so hell fuckin mend them.
Cunts like FW are part of the problem in this whole scabby country.

Who said anything about equating? Funny that you cut out the rest of the post in which I say quite clearly that I'm not equating them. 

FW is part of zero problems in the current context, as demonstrated.

On 05/03/2019 at 10:36, Theulstervolunteer said:

Devine’s a papish bastard . It’s no coincidence that as soon as the tarriers are pulled into the debate for their singing and behaviour all of a sudden it’s not as bad an issue as first thought ....

Give yourself a cigar, mate! If that cunt is having a slight dig at the tarriers, there's a reason for it and it's fuck all to do with praising us.

Callum Steele was and still is the police federation officer he along with Jane Hamilton were involved  in the lies it did not go unchallenged club 1872 issued a statement  on the IPSO judgem entry v daily record which can be found  on the Internet  I'm not geeky enough to share it sure someone  else will be

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 23:01, islanderbear84 said:

A very interesting arguement tonight from Professor Sir Tom Devine who is a historian and he puts all of the current sectarian uproar down to the media. It sells papers simply. But it has long gone from the days of where it refelcted something worse in society. That part has gone and all it is now is singing at a game and people go home to their families. The media want it to be a sign of a bigger issue as in west central scotland this type of fanfare fills shelf space. 

Can't agree wholly I'm afraid. Since the casual element was all but eliminated, things were generally fine for a while - and nobody ever died from listening to a bad song.

I've noticed an upturn this last couple of seasons (all away from Ibrox I might add). The coin throwing has to stop. The bottle throwing last week was shameful. The kid getting hit at Hampden on the bus was beyond awful. The lavvy smashing at Parkhead last season was just a brass neck and brought the good name of Rangers right down to the same level as any other club who's fans can't behave.

Ripping up seats? For fuck sake grow up and behave yourselves! 

3 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Can't agree wholly I'm afraid. Since the casual element was all but eliminated, things were generally fine for a while - and nobody ever died from listening to a bad song.

I've noticed an upturn this last couple of seasons (all away from Ibrox I might add). The coin throwing has to stop. The bottle throwing last week was shameful. The kid getting hit at Hampden on the bus was beyond awful. The lavvy smashing at Parkhead last season was just a brass neck and brought the good name of Rangers right down to the same level as any other club who's fans can't behave.

Ripping up seats? For fuck sake grow up and behave yourselves! 

The bottle being thrown was shameful because he missed.

44 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No idea mate. 

Even if they did it’s old news nobody really cares. 

I genuinely have no idea either mate, I'd actually love to know if it happened or not.

I'm reluctant to point the finger at them for this alleged incident unless I can back it up with some factual evidence, I mean we all know they are animals but we have been accused of this sort of behaviour at times with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

We can't have it both ways, denying it when it's us but convinced when it's them.

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 23:01, islanderbear84 said:

A very interesting arguement tonight from Professor Sir Tom Devine who is a historian and he puts all of the current sectarian uproar down to the media. It sells papers simply. But it has long gone from the days of where it refelcted something worse in society. That part has gone and all it is now is singing at a game and people go home to their families. The media want it to be a sign of a bigger issue as in west central scotland this type of fanfare fills shelf space. 

Good to hear the opinion of someone with a brain on the matter on the TV for a change.

Broadcaster Billy Kay said the same thing years ago, that its the only 'sexy' story we have up here. Outside the usual political stuff.

4 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Explains and gives examples of true sectarianism .from a bygone era almost none of us lived through .

The persecution of the RC community now only exists in the minds of those told about the past and they haven't experianced themselves true sectarianism 

Nowadays the sectarian word seems to have been manipulated by most who use it as meaning anti Catholic. Basically shouting fuck the pope is sectarian and anti Catholic.At the end of the day there is no actual harm done to anybody's lifestyle or work prospects .

I would imagine anybody from the protestant side calling out what true sectarianism would be told .no no no this is the West of Scotland and it doesn't mean that .much the same as when Charles Green correctly outed some of the stuff we had to put up with had bigotry at its route .He was attacked by the media for that statement .saying bigotry in the West of Scotland has a different meaning .

The part if the article I find skewed is the sectarian attack figures .57pc against Catholics who make up 15pc of the population shows a Catholic is more likely to receive abuse .I read those figures as being .The 15pc commit 43pc of the crimes meaning that if your RC your more likely to actually commit a sectarian hate crime .

But then again the victim card is being played here 

“Media outlets in their obsession with ‘sectarianism’ pay scant attention to these figures which outnumber so-called hate crimes against Catholics by something of the order of one hundred and fifty to one.”

He has the media and the politician’s cards marked. 

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I genuinely have no idea either mate, I'd actually love to know if it happened or not.

I'm reluctant to point the finger at them for this alleged incident unless I can back it up with some factual evidence, I mean we all know they are animals but we have been accused of this sort of behaviour at times with absolutely no evidence to back it up.

We can't have it both ways, denying it when it's us but convinced when it's them.

Seemingly was widely seen but I don’t think they have it on any camera. 

So according to the scum that means it never happened. 

On 05/03/2019 at 15:20, Sparkle said:

The police federation spokesman was complicit in that. He outright lied to the media to cover up the police incompetence and went completely unchallenged. Callum something? 

Steele I think, same guy said PC Kieth Blakelock, who was murdered in the Broadwater Farm riot, was to blame for his own death.

I just don't understand how streetwise the scum are in comparison to how "un-streetwise" we are. How did we become such an easy target and soft touch?

It's very strange especially when you look at the sides we've put out in the past, and the managers we've had - all very streetwise and didn't take any shit from anyone. It's how we were successful.

Yet as a club? It's like we take great pleasure in bending over and baring our arse.

3 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I just don't understand how streetwise the scum are in comparison to how "un-streetwise" we are. How did we become such an easy target and soft touch?

It's very strange especially when you look at the sides we've put out in the past, and the managers we've had - all very streetwise and didn't take any shit from anyone. It's how we were successful.

Yet as a club? It's like we take great pleasure in bending over and baring our arse.

Our PR is so bad it would be better if we never said anything at times IMO. The problem is the board must think it is good which is concerning to say the least. :duh:

6 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Our PR is so bad it would be better if we never said anything at times IMO. The problem is the board must think it is good which is concerning to say the least. :duh:

I know a lot of people think it's Traynor to blame for a lot of this but I get the feeling he never really called the shots. That piece he did about the BBC treating us differently  showed him to be tackling the things we as fans wanted to be raised in the media. What I got from that is that he could do that because he was separate from Rangers, and that speaks volumes.

2 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I know a lot of people think it's Traynor to blame for a lot of this but I get the feeling he never really called the shots. That piece he did about the BBC treating us differently  showed him to be tackling the things we as fans wanted to be raised in the media. What I got from that is that he could do that because he was separate from Rangers, and that speaks volumes.

That interview did make me think he could maybe do something, but it had to be done by Rangers TV to get the publicity, not C1872.

That probably tells us the Club do not want to take the fight to our enemies.