Mahlon Romeo

"Rangers are weighing up a pre-contract swoop for Millwall’s Mahlon Romeo. The right-back is out of contract in the summer and is on Steven Gerrard’s radar, according to the Daily Express. 

Boss Gerrard and director of football Mark Allen have been compiling a list of targets for the upcoming transfer window. And the duo reportedly believe Romeo, 23, would provide serious competition for James Tavernier. 

The Gers skipper has made the position in his own since joining from Wigan in 2016. But his form hasn’t gone unnoticed down south, with Brighton and West Brom among his list of admirers. 

And if Ibrox chiefs decided to cash in on the 27-year-old this summer, Romeo would be an automatic replacement. Antigua and Barbuda international Romeo has played over 120 games for Millwall but looks unlikely to sign a new deal.

However, Rangers could face competition for his signature, with a number of Championship clubs keeping an eye on developments. Premier League side West Ham have also had him scouted in recent weeks."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3959794/Rangers-millwall-mahlon-romeo/

23 minutes ago, EatDolphins said:

We don't need more squad players. We need 3-4 high quality players. 

I agree with this with the exception of the RB position. Tav's availability to play in the last few seasons has been exceptional but should he be out for a spell I don't really think we have proper cover. Flanagan is pish and I know very little of Polster - if indeed he is even a right back.

9 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Signed a “long-term” (Millwall don’t release contract length information) deal at the end of last season, so I can’t imagine he’s out of contract in the summer.

Thats what I thought as well, he had 12months remaining with Milwall having an option to extend it for another 12 months, before he signed a new deal so theres no way it runs out this year!