Legends From After 9IAR Ended?

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Dare I even say it but is there a case for McCulloch to be considered a legend?

His CV reads like somebody who could be considered in that regard - Over 300 appearances, 3 SPFL titles, 3 League Cups, 2 Scottish Cups and the lower league titles 

Obviously there is the caveat that a lot of fans grew frustrated with McCoist’s favouritsm to him in the lower leagues when he clearly wasn’t the player that he was previously but on the flip side of that if we were the outsiders looking in at another club who had gone through what we did and were being run like we were but they still had a boyhood fan who stuck with them when basically all his team mates fucked off and attempted to Captain them back to where they were previously then most people would look at positively or label it heroic or legendary.

I don’t think I would consider him a legend but I’m just putting it out there for discussion.

.... the fact he stood by us is a big part of that - I agree he is in there. 

I think the term legend is watered down so much I have no way of making a list that would be agreeable. What's the point? You're as well just listing most players because you'd be able to conjure up some argument for calling them a legend. What's the criteria? Achievements/skill/reputation/professionalism/how he regarded the club/how much the fans loved him?

I think if you applied all of that you wouldn't have very many players classed as legends, and that's how I see it should be.

To sum up, am no playin

24 minutes ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

McCulloch Wallace Barry Ferguson Lorenzo Amoruso Arthur Numan, if Mols hadn’t got that injury he’d be in there wasn’t the same player after that 

You'd rather have McCulloch as a legend than Mols?

FFS, Boab Malcolm will be next :lol:

Shows the difference in class and standards the fact the tarriers who got pumped in Seville are regarded as heroes and legends whereas for the most part most Bears I know are apathetic about the Manchester squad and see it ultimately as a failure. KT, Ferguson and Papac are the only players from that time i think are even in with a shout at being called Legends 

3 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Don’t think he done enough to be regarded as a legend . But Pedro Mendez . What a passer of the ball. Remember his debut v hearts and he’s pinging 40 yarders everywhere. 

Pedro Mendes is the best passer of a ball I’ve ever seen in a Rangers jersey.  One touch stuff, long and short, killer balls straight through the defence, the guy was amazing.  

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Shows the difference in class and standards the fact the tarriers who got pumped in Seville are regarded as heroes and legends whereas for the most part most Bears I know are apathetic about the Manchester squad and see it ultimately as a failure. KT, Ferguson and Papac are the only players from that time i think are even in with a shout at being called Legends 

Novo. Tbf, their players never turned into rats to them

5 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Always thought he never got the praise he deserved, top class defender

Loved how walter stitched up the tims that summer, few wee leaks that we were after loovens, tarriers swoop in seemingly taking him from under our noses, day or two later we've signed boughie for less money and pretty much didnt go near loovens, tarriers were left with a donkey 

Bougherras goal at ibrox against dundee united, what a fucking goal, same away yo lol stuttgart in the CL as well