Legends From After 9IAR Ended?

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Threads are boring just now, mainly refs and Kent/Morelos arguments. Good debating please.

Was reading FF out of boredom and they had this thread, so who would you consider a legend since then? Seen some awful suggestions over there.

Barry Ferguson and Lee Wallace for me.

Some on there suggested McGregor :megaanguish:

Tricky one. I would have considered the majority of the first 11 from the 3INAROW and UEFA Cup final seasons as legends but now I barely look back on those videos, if at all. Left a really sour taste the way they abandoned ship in the manner they did, Whittaker and shameless being the main traitors. 

Slim pickings after that, unfortunately. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

Dare I even say it but is there a case for McCulloch to be considered a legend?

His CV reads like somebody who could be considered in that regard - Over 300 appearances, 3 SPFL titles, 3 League Cups, 2 Scottish Cups and the lower league titles 

Obviously there is the caveat that a lot of fans grew frustrated with McCoist’s favouritsm to him in the lower leagues when he clearly wasn’t the player that he was previously but on the flip side of that if we were the outsiders looking in at another club who had gone through what we did and were being run like we were but they still had a boyhood fan who stuck with them when basically all his team mates fucked off and attempted to Captain them back to where they were previously then most people would look at positivelyor label it heroic or legendary.

I don’t think I would consider him a legend but I’m just putting it out there for discussion.

I think if you include Mcculloch, Boyd should be included too. 

Barry Ferguson and Lorenzo Amoruso for the part they played in two Treble winning sides , a few others like Numan would be close TBF , but not many . Some of Walter's 3 in a row could have been quoted but IMO most of them have tarnished their reputations in some way since then .

18 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Boyd's second spell fucked up any chance of him being classed as a Legend I would think , pity in a way as goalscorers like him don't come along that often .

Not for me mate still consider him a legend for the titles he led us to over the years under Walter. 

51 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Boyd's second spell fucked up any chance of him being classed as a Legend I would think , pity in a way as goalscorers like him don't come along that often .

Did Jock Wallace second spell fuck his legendary status? 

4 hours ago, TMB said:

Magic Bougherra.  What an amazing CB he was.  

Him and craig moore at the back, that mob dont score they two goals they did on sunday with moore in there, he'd have clattered some cunt 

Ian Ferguson played after the 9iar im sure, give me him last Sunday as well, he'd have booted fuck out of the likes of forrest, tierney etc

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Him and craig moore at the back, that mob dont score they two goals they did on sunday with moore in there, he'd have clattered some cunt 

Ian Ferguson played after the 9iar im sure, give me him last Sunday as well, he'd have booted fuck out of the likes of forrest, tierney etc

He also played during all of the 9 so doesn’t really qualify as an after