Liam Burt

Bizarre that they'd want him.

Ungrateful wee prick, though. Have to be careful with developing tims. Too many of their loyalties don't change.

Should be made to sign an 'I henceforth and forever will regard celtic as filth' declaration on signing for us.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Really dont mind.

Was never going to do anything with us.

Very much doubt he will kick on and do anything with them either.

Glad a young lad will continue to pick up a wage and might carve out a life for himself in football.

Fuck him wee turncoat prick, hope he fails his medical and ends up on the dole 

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Understandable he couldn't pass up the opportunity of training with celtic but it saddens me when a kid spends years with us yet still their allegiance lies with them.

No need for him to delete the goodbye post either the wee cunt.

What you tend to notice quite often these days is that a lot of young kids have no true affinity or loyalty with any club. In fact I don't even think some kids support a football team anymore.  They are only in it for themselves. A club to them is just another job.

Watching a recent interview with Billy Gilmour and his dad they said loads of youth players chop and change between us and them.

Seems a very bizarre move.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

What you tend to notice quite often these days is that a lot of young kids have no true affinity or loyalty with any club. In fact I don't even think some kids support a football team anymore.  They are only in it for themselves. A club to them is just another job.

Watching a recent interview with Billy Gilmour and his dad they said loads of youth players chop and change between us and them.

Seems a very bizarre move.

Think your right here.

my nephew, he’s only 8, but plays for both Stenhousemuir 2010’s (local team)on a Saturday and also plays for Hearts on a Sunday, training at Riccarton on a Friday night.

Been there for a year, and most of the kids that age are like him.

they actually follow players, not clubs.

my nephew likes the usual Messi, ronaldo,  Dybala, mbappe etc. He cuts about in strips with these players on it, no interest in any clubs as such.

a lot of young ones seem to be like that.

Just seems different for youngsters now to me.

2 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Think your right here.

my nephew, he’s only 8, but plays for both Stenhousemuir 2010’s (local team)on a Saturday and also plays for Hearts on a Sunday, training at Riccarton on a Friday night.

Been there for a year, and most of the kids that age are like him.

they actually follow players, not clubs.

my nephew likes the usual Messi, ronaldo,  Dybala, mbappe etc. He cuts about in strips with these players on it, no interest in any clubs as such.

a lot of young ones seem to be like that.

Just seems different for youngsters now to me.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG etc. strips weren't easy to get hold of 25-30 years ago the way they are now.

Kids have always followed players though, at least when I was a kid we did. You just did that as well as supporting your club.

Van Basten, Papin, Batistuta, Romario, Ronaldo where between ~89-95 you'd get a fake kit with one of the players from that era on the back of it on holiday and then hopefully when someone else in the family went on holiday they'd bring another one back for you. This might be highlighting how shit a place I grew up in but those kits got more respect playing football on the streets than the 'real' kits for Rangers/Man Utd/Liverpool or whoever.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

On a thread with him literally at the tarriers training ground you’re wishing him luck wherever he goes, boggin

Didn't realise he was off to them, just that he'd left. I hope he goes there, he wasn't good enough to break into our midfield when we had pish playing there, he wouldn't get into it now we've improved and I can't see him breaking into their midfield. Absolutely no issue with them wasting money. 

This is one that you simply cannot get your head around.

Not good enough for us after a lengthy period of time, so the Yahoos take a punt on him?

He’ll be nowhere near their squads, and if he is, it will be fantastic news for us.