LICENCE PROBE SFA to make decision on Rangers 2011 Uefa licence

Smile

Just now, The Dude said:

So why would any compensation claim need to be raised with the liquidators of the oldco? That's not exactly taking responsibility. 

Probably because Rangers board had enough on their plate at the time - and not being held guilty of anything, why not?

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

An email sent to the solicitors of David - not his real name - explained: "You will understand that there have been many changes affecting Rangers over the last several years. 

"The company which owned Rangers Football Club.... which you refer to as owing duties of care to your client will have been the company then called The Rangers Football Club PLC and now called RFC 2012 Limited.

"That company is currently in liquidation but we do have the liquidators' contact details and can provide that information if it will assist."

Email sent to solicitor.

It's a legal distinction being made in reference to a business in an entirely legal context.  

Correct. A separate entity if you will.

Just now, LiverpoolBlue said:

Probably because Rangers board had enough on their plate at the time - and not being held guilty of anything, why not?

Ah well, fuck it, lets fob them off with something since we're too busy. I thought you wanted clubs to take responsibility?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Ah well, fuck it, lets fob them off with something since we're too busy. I thought you wanted clubs to take responsibility?

It’s not the clubs fault that kids were abused. It’s how they reacted when they knew it was going on.

The clubs should take responsibility when they knew what was going on and choose to do nothing and allow it to continue.

celtic have been absolutely disgraceful throughout this whole sorry episode, are you surprised that Rangers fans have them in our sights after the shit thrown about in 2012 when the bastards tried to moralise over us for a legal tax avoidance scheme? 

I want that horrendous club hung drawn and fucking quartered and I make no apologies for thinking that way.

Any other club that facilitated or refused to deal with known paedophiles can get the same. 

Just now, Stoorie said:

Ah, a separate entity, then?

Ive never personally operated under the name 'Daily Record' nor have I operated any entity by that name. I have no legal responsibility for them any any relationship with them currently. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Ive never personally operated under the name 'Daily Record' nor have I operated any entity by that name. I have no legal responsibility for them any any relationship with them currently. 

Currently????

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

It’s not the clubs fault that kids were abused. It’s how they reacted when they knew it was going on.

The clubs should take responsibility when they knew what was going on and choose to do nothing and allow it to continue.

celtic have been absolutely disgraceful throughout this whole sorry episode, are you surprised that Rangers fans have them in our sights after the shit thrown about in 2012 when the bastards tried to moralise over us for a legal tax avoidance scheme? 

I want that horrendous club hung drawn and fucking quartered and I make no apologies for thinking that way.

Any other club that facilitated or refused to deal with known paedophiles can get the same. 

Yes. The two shouldnt even come into the same conversation. If you view the abuse of kids as a chance to get even over 2012 then theres something seriously fucking wrong with you. 

It undoubtedly doesn't look good to have pointed someone towards the liquidators. However, we also don't know if any victims would be entitled to any compensation from us. Rangers haven't done anything that would imply culpability, based on what we know. 

What we, Rangers, perhaps should have said is that a full independent inquiry of all clubs should take place. If we're found to have fallen below standards for protecting children then we'll compensate, as all clubs should. No focus on sellic. A statement that morally focuses on the issue, and on our own responsibilities first and foremost. 

Clearly it looks pretty certain in terms of the spectrum of culpability and extent that sellic would prove to be way, way guiltier than anyone else if such an inquiry happened. So be it. But it has to be established and laid out independently and unequivocally who did what everywhere.  Then we can have compensation or civil actions, depending on who wants to dodge their responsibilities.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Correct. Legal guidance given to legal representative.

Re-recruiting convicted criminals, refuting business links between Directors and paedo's private businesses, holding internal investigations which proved epic failures, denying linkage between inextricably linked organisations, having convicted paedophile employees, bringing injunctions to deny disclosure of court cases, failure to disclose allegations to authorities.

Scandalous you would refer to Rangers and celtic as similar in terms of taking responsibility when you look at what they're taking responsibility for.

Which convicted criminal was rehired? Torbetts first conviction came a decade after Stein was put in the ground. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes. The two shouldnt even come into the same conversation. If you view the abuse of kids as a chance to get even over 2012 then theres something seriously fucking wrong with you. 

A shower of shit moralising over tax affairs will get what’s coming to them over all this. They thoroughly deserve that. Go and take a fuck to yourself. 🖕

3 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

The Dude

For a clearly intelligent person to state that Rangers are "just as guilty" as celtic when it comes to child sex abuse based on referring one alleged victim (obviously there was never any conviction) to the liquidators is truly staggering.

My thought is that Rangers would never be responsible for any compensation as there was never any guilt proven (innocent until proven guilty) therefor rather than waste money on lawyers they referred them to BDO who I'm quite sure will say no guilt, no compo and may need to pay lawyers to contest.

For the record

If any Rangers employee is/was found guilty of child sex abuse I would want us as a club to take responsibility for that.

If we knew about it and never reported it I would want us hammered.

If we actively covered it up and paid hush money I would find it difficult to continue supporting us.

If a succession of managers, directors and senior players knew and said nothing resulting in several more victims I would 100% be finished with the club.

To not only compare but state we are just as guilty as that lot is beyond the pale - have a word with yourself FFS

You are giving him too much credit mate in your first sentence. He is clearly not! Attention seeker at best