Borna Barisic

1 minute ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Tavs been below par but to say AH has been faultless is far from the mark, gives 100 percent but that will only get you so far very limited player.

I should have qualified my "faultless" remark by saying it was against the likes of Oxford, etc. But I genuinely like the way he tries to get forward & give options to the guys upfront. I think Kent, for one, would have appreciated it. 

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pray tell these aspects where Tav is better? Should be fun.

Faster? Stronger? Dig? Passion? Commitment? A spine? Tackling? Crossing? Taking on players? Passing? Reading the game? What about defending? 

I'm all ears.

You tell them BA. You forgot his "awareness" & "high-ball contesting". Both non-existent.

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Like I said, he’s better at every aspect of the game. If you genuinely believe squad player Andy Halliday is a better footballer than Tavernier is then maybe football isn’t the sport for you.🙄

You have very badly avoided answering those attributes put forth.

I ask again, just what are these aspects? Let's take a simple one. He is faster than Andy? What about another simple one? He tackles better than Andy?

Oh well, better we leave leave it there for fear of further embarassment.

:mutley:

28 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Faster? Stronger? Dig? Passion? Commitment? A spine? Tackling? Crossing? Taking on players? Passing? Reading the game? What about defending? 

I'm all ears.

Don’t let the fact our defensive record (27 ga) was only 7 goals behind the league winners. And a country mile in front of every other club in the SPFL 

Tav played  in just about every game his goals also meant we scored more goals than any other club  

dam stats grrrr

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Like I said, he’s better at every aspect of the game. If you genuinely believe squad player Andy Halliday is a better footballer than Tavernier is then maybe football isn’t the sport for you.🙄

This is when you should quote ba's thoughts on the mammys boy that needed chased about a year ago , his post history on halliday is brilliant reading , almost like 2 different persons opinions it changes so much 

9 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

This is when you should quote ba's thoughts on the mammys boy that needed chased about a year ago , his post history on halliday is brilliant reading , almost like 2 different persons opinions it changes so much 

I forgot about that :lol: i’m still not convinced that it’s not a shared account and that’s why the opinions change so much.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Tav is quicker, has better technical ability, is a better crosser of the ball, is better on set pieces and considering he has the captaincy he’s obviously a better leader too.

Now I’ll ask you a simple question, if Halliday is that much of a better player then why is he not a first pick for the starting eleven every week while Tav is the captain and first name on the team sheet. To quote something you said to somebody in the Progres thread the other day: know better than Gerrard, aye?! :mutley:

Agree with this and I'm the last person who would defend tavernier however tavernier crossing is a myth for me. Any player that's offered the luxury of playing as much as 15-20 crosses a game will eventually have a few successful ones, which tav has but being honest if we are in a big game with very limited crosses tavernier would give me nightmares. Believe that halliday would slightly outdo tavernier over the course of a season if afforded the same game time from left back tavernier does

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'm all ears.

Tav is better at most of that.  I've put in bold the parts that Halliday is better.

1 hour ago, ronniescu said:

I should have qualified my "faultless" remark by saying it was against the likes of Oxford, etc. But I genuinely like the way he tries to get forward & give options to the guys upfront. I think Kent, for one, would have appreciated it. 

Tav has the most assists in the league last year.

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I forgot about that :lol: i’m still not convinced that it’s not a shared account and that’s why the opinions change so much.

So he wants to chase two players who have contributed 40 odd goals between them and have a defensive record second to the taigs 

he should stick to talking about the scum as that’s obviously what he is good at. 

😂

15 hours ago, Sub Genius said:

He’s clearly a good player - I don’t think you’re a first pick for the World Cup finalists if you aren’t - but I guess the question is whether he feels happy where he is.

if Gerrard can get him playing to his potential, it could be like a new signing.

Nothing to do with Gerrard he’s no cut out for the physical aspect , Bruno Alves ,2 million caps for Portugal , meant to be a tough competitor , he was flung about the SPL like and empty jacket and had the customary hamstring injury 4 times a season , like Barisic so far Alves couldn’t cope 

Not sure why anyone's taking Blue Avenger seriously here tbh. He's been using this same attention seeking method for at least 3 years now. 

He doesn't get the attention he craves when he's serious, probably due to the fact he's clueless, so he trolls instead. 

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Not sure why anyone's taking Blue Avenger seriously here tbh. He's been using this same attention seeking method for at least 3 years now. 

He doesn't get the attention he craves when he's serious, probably due to the fact he's clueless, so he trolls instead. 

Thing is I'm sure their are 2 blue avengers on the forum and I get confused between them. One appears to sook King of whenever he gets the chance and the other seems weird as fuck. 

16 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So he wants to chase two players who have contributed 40 odd goals between them and have a defensive record second to the taigs 

he should stick to talking about the scum as that’s obviously what he is good at. 

😂

Was saying that Flanagan and Halliday were the full back pairing to lead us to 55 the other day :confused:

41 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Thing is I'm sure their are 2 blue avengers on the forum and I get confused between them. One appears to sook King of whenever he gets the chance and the other seems weird as fuck. 

@BlueAvenger you taking that mate?

2 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Nothing to do with Gerrard he’s no cut out for the physical aspect , Bruno Alves ,2 million caps for Portugal , meant to be a tough competitor , he was flung about the SPL like and empty jacket and had the customary hamstring injury 4 times a season , like Barisic so far Alves couldn’t cope 

I’m not going to fight the guy’s corner with any great conviction - he just hasn’t done it for us on any level yet, and, international rep not withstanding, he may never do so - but he’s clearly a decent footballer and with the right coaching and management could yet become a player for us.

To give you a pertinent example from the past: Fernando Ricksen.

International caps for what was a superb Dutch team at the time, but looked an absolute bombscare for us.

Almost everyone wanted him punted, yet eventually he came good.

Lightning may not strike twice, but I wouldn’t write Barisic off just yet.

3 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Give it a rest with the bitching You 2 

BA is one of the best posters and best bears on here .End of

Place is full of sweetie wives nowadays