Tam Forsyth

eskbankloyal

For the old guys on here, everything that has happened since is measured by these standards.

I’m sure plenty now are faster, more athletic, whatever.

But players are measured in terms of impact.

Our current defenders would do well to assess how well they measure up to the likes of Tam.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunned with this sad news- watched Tam in nearly every game he played for Rangers- he became one of my favorites playing along with Greig, Jackson and Jardine.

Still remember the poster of him on my bedroom wall, along with all the Rangers team

R.I P Tam

7 hours ago, Canabear said:

I'm actually stunned at this news.

Look up his tackle on Mick Channon at Hampden back in 76 i think.

Channon is on a breakaway and the bold Tam catches up with him , makes the tackle without even touching him.

It's in here. Around the 7.44 mark.

Thanks for posting this, brought back great memories of a great game, and a giant of a player in every sense. 

Rest easy big man. 

Tam Forsyth was one of those players you built a defense on. Him, Greig, Sandy and Bomber were the Rangers defense. The saying "Thou shall not pass", could have been invented for him.

Time is a strange thing as it does'nt feel like it was that long ago he was playing, even though I know it was 40 years ago.

All I can say is, Thank you Tam for some truely great times you gave me as a Rangers supporter. Really upset by this.

5th of May 1973. Early morning.

This wee Rangers fan was about to go to his first Cup Final, and also his first Ranger-celtic game, full of excitement, anticipation and expectation..  Alex MacDonald was my first Rangers hero by then, Tom Forsyth became my second. 

Over the years, I’ve been able to fill an imaginary skyscraper with all the heroes and great people I have met or been aware of in my llfe. 

All the folk I’ve loved, all the great people I have known, and those who have influenced my life strongly, those who brought me great happiness.  All my heroes in one place.

Just now I am shedding a wee tear as Tom Forsyth is right there on the very top floor of my imaginary skyscraper looking out.  In his hand he has a  solitary 1973 Adidas football boot stud. He is smiling.

RIP Tam.

5th of May 1973. 

One  the greatest days of my life.

10 hours ago, Canabear said:

image.thumb.png.da12c10ac325dcd1fead1fef2541b08d.png

One of the hardest and one of the fairest players in the scottish game and bagged himself couple of trebles.
My abiding memory will be of a few years back,as Tam must've came on a supporters bus and loved the walk from his bus to the stadium where he was doing corporate and he would smile and stop for photos.
I was 22 at the centenary final and him and that team will live in my memory for ever.

Archived