*****The Official St Mirren v Rangers Match Thread*

The Godfather

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

There was what, 20 minutes left in the game, we were on a 3-v-3 counter (I think), I'm pretty certain the management team would not expect their instructions to be taken so literally that in those situations you just turn back and slow it all down. 

Kent has done that in the past 6 or 7 games he has played, so I sincerely doubt it's the Management team, rather, it's Kent and his confidence is so low that he is too scared to take risks. 

Couldn't believe what I was watching, out on the wing with acres of space to run into if he beats his man on a one v one. Turns back and passes it back. Is he not meant to be am attacking player ffs

Can't be unhappy at that. Not our most fluent but some fine individual performances from Aribo, Kamara and Helander. Alfie tuned in. Love it when he digs in man on man. Great strength. 

As for that taig cunt Connolly. Hatred ripping out of him. Must have been brought up on rotten fish and buggered by Jesuits. 

Ref was a cunt. 

We'll humiliate the cunts when we get them at Ibrox. 

All go to shred the scum. 

Just now, Flatcap said:

I don't disagree mate but his form in the OF games is off the scale. He's been the difference in two of the last three wins against them.

Totally agree, there's the dilemma. He gives them the fear

Just now, Blumhoilann said:

Happy wi the 3 pts but for the most part,was like watching paint dry.

Obvious instructions to keep a shape and not commit too many forward, probably for the best while giving the ball away constantly.

At least it worked, another one done and down.

Just now, Amato said:

Couldn't believe what I was watching, out on the wing with acres of space to run into if he beats his man on a one v one. Turns back and passes it back. Is he not meant to be am attacking player ffs

I’m pretty sure Kent played only two positive passes and they were both abominable.

If he isn’t beating people for pace he is useless. He may be the worst footballer in the squad.

It’s further magnified when our other attacking players are moving it around the way they did today.

1 minute ago, dee9 said:

Hagi won't be starting it will be morelos Roofe kent. 

I'm convinced of that. 

Reckon youre right, cant see kent not starting. He was bought to play in the big games. They need to win and will have to go for it, that should  suit Kent and offer him  more space you would think

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'm pretty certain the management team would not expect their instructions to be taken so literally that in those situations you just turn back and slow it all down.

Hmmm I’m no sure mate, the fact he has turned down a direct 1v1 tells me he’s been told to keep the ball in their half. We played st mirren at their own game tonight and for the first time this season changed our tactics to suit the opposition. When do we ever see helander launching the ball up the park continuously? 

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

Let's no sugar coat that game by saying 3 points, clean sheet and no injuries - that was fuckin terrible

Not going to play like prime barca every game. 

Playing like that and winning is what we done on a regular basis under Smith and Ally. Won leagues

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

It’s a good position to be in you must admit with these 2 players mate. 

It definitely is a great position to be in. We haven't even mentioned Itten either. There's a player in there as well. 

Been such a long time since we have had some real quality in the side, and options. It's a well blended squad so far. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Let's no sugar coat that game by saying 3 points, clean sheet and no injuries - that was fuckin terrible

Are people forgetting that sometimes that is what is required to win titles . It’s not 38 games of total free flowing football . Sometimes you have to grind out the shite . As long as we keep winning I don’t give a fuck 

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

This , we were fkn dreadful apart from 2 gifts , created nothing without Kent even though he’s off form,, fantastic 3 points, he lander and Goldson excellent

Yup - great 3 points & if we keep picking them up while in a bit of a lull, all to the good & preserves our cushion!

Was working but had the radio on, a stream 2 mins behind the radio & clocking in on here, so a bit of a mishmash, but sounds like Borna did well, too.

Archived