***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • RFCRobertson changed the title to ***** The Official Rangers vs The Scum Match Thread *****

All we are getting at the moment is a couple of 10/15 minute spells when our passing is crisp, fast and incisive. Against their defense that will be 2 or more goals. Enough to win the game without upping our performance.

Get the 3 points and we go back to only one game a week for the rest of January. That will give the team a well needed break and the coaching staff time to work with the players prior to the run in.

I have a feeling that this game is going to be extremely cautious. Winning for us would be superb but a draw wouldn't be terrible. As for them they cannot lose at any cost and it'll be too early in the season for them to risk that loss and potentially kill them off.

I can't see us going with Morelos and Roofe with no Arfield to make up the work in midfield. Then you add Jack missing it would not shock me if we seen Barker come in for a bit of work rate off the right. It wouldn't be my choice personally but it wouldn't shock me. 

As for them I can't see them going with eduoard and griffiths up top against our midfield so we have to make the balance in midfield.

0-0 from open play but our work from set pieces might just win this again. 1-0 Rangers either from a corner or a free-kick.

35 minutes ago, bluesteel said:

I hope and believe we are this one game away from 55, I made a bargain with the Almighty that if I can hear the champs LG music one more time,I’ll come quietly,now aged 84 with dodgy lungs it could be my last chance,so c,mon Rangers this auld bear is depending on you. WATP

You'll hear it more than once pal. And good health to you too 👍

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

How come we never beat them with sean goss and lee Hodgson then ? 

I don't represent any of those players. 

Can't even remember any games against them that they both started either. 

Are the scum playing so well at the moment that we should be worried? 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

I don't represent any of those players. 

Can't even remember any games against them that they both started either. 

Are the scum playing so well at the moment that we should be worried? 

I’ve not seen them of late , it’s all Foregone Conclusions the little run their on not played anybody that would come remotely close to take points off them , doesn’t take away from the fact we’re not playing well at all the moment , hopefully that changes Saturday 

8 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I wouldn't say win the league but more 1 hand on the cup, if we go through January without a defeat or dropped points then 100% ours to lose! 

Let me rephrase that. We win on Saturday then we will win the league.

1 hour ago, jackg93 said:

starting to feel sick about this already, on christmas hols from work so have nothing to do but to think about this constantly until Saturday :lol:

looks like they will go with Edouard & Griffiths, 2 big pain in the arses for us in the past.

Turnbull and Christie can also cause us problems,  they both can score from outside the box, it's a game where we must go on the attack as their defence is there for the taking. I.d have loved both Jack and Arfield to play,  but seems highly unlikely either will start, so our midfield is crucial,  obviously Davis and Kamara are both playing well,  but they will need to empty the tank on Saturday,  let's hope we can prevail on the 50th anniversary of our saddest day. 

• Clemdog changed the title to ***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****
32 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I have a feeling that this game is going to be extremely cautious. Winning for us would be superb but a draw wouldn't be terrible. As for them they cannot lose at any cost and it'll be too early in the season for them to risk that loss and potentially kill them off.

I can't see us going with Morelos and Roofe with no Arfield to make up the work in midfield. Then you add Jack missing it would not shock me if we seen Barker come in for a bit of work rate off the right. It wouldn't be my choice personally but it wouldn't shock me. 

As for them I can't see them going with eduoard and griffiths up top against our midfield so we have to make the balance in midfield.

0-0 from open play but our work from set pieces might just win this again. 1-0 Rangers either from a corner or a free-kick.

Roofe and Alfie are playing there is no doubt about that.

Last 3 games vs them we were the better side, but that isnt always enough to win, as the LC final showed. I hope we are at our best and win this one. Massive 3 points ahead. If we get those, then their are in the sink again, if we lose, this can turn things around, and given our shit fixture list for January, we cannot let this happen. Get this done Rangers!

Archived