*****Official Motherwell vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Clemdog

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

I would have took lent of moved Hagi to the left and brought Itten on. Was convinced that’s what would happen. Think Gerrard got that wrong today.

Poor first half, raised it a bit in the second. Wee kick in the baws before Easter road.

Kent stayed on far too long. Never thought I’d see the day I’d want Barker brought on for him 

Disappointing result , though apart from the first 20 minutes I dont think the performance was too bad . We pinned them back for 80 minutes and sometimes it just doesn't go for you . I'm sure had Roofe been playing wed have scored . 

Unforgivable though to not kick a ball until we're a goal down.  

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Gutted we didnt win obviously, but you can't win them all eh, that's an unrealistic expectation. Motherwell always do well when they get a new manager in. We're still unbeaten (thats important) youve got to look at the whole season as a picture, We could have came unstuck in previous weeks, but we are missing Jack and Arfield, 23 or 21 points ahead, we do have the luxury of a result like that every now and again, hopefully not too much though. Maybe just the wee kick up the backside we need, after Stmirren we responded brilliantly, I expect that we will do the same again.

Same, feels shite we couldn't win but will be games like that. That's the first time since September we've dropped points in the league. 

Result today should let the team know but we have to be at from the start. We can't keep having these slow starts and need to be more at it. We've responded well to set back this season so hopefully we'll see some big improvement against Ross County 

1 minute ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

If they put their back into these type of games instead of sauntering about, yes we would.  

We have had a week break to polish our performance further and this is what we are getting....they really can't afford to take their foot off the gas. We still have 8 games left...at least 2 games to safely win the league isn't it?

- Unless SFA do decide to be pr*cks

Ross County next Saturday...better not be a repeat performance, that's all I'm saying...

We aren't going from now to May without dropping a point. 

That point means we keep 12points clear with another game gone. 

We should've won it on the 2nd half chances 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Biggest source of revenue so we need it and we have a winnable tie so it's a big one. 

Just need a few players in to get us there. League will take care of itself, they will drop more and the gaps too big to claw back. 

If we get results in Europe it will boost our confidence, we were doing well in Europe and the league but if we get embarrassed and maybe injuries it could fuck up our league games.

Money is important but 55 is the holy grail.

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I agree. But who comes into that Kent role. That's our biggest problem just now. Can put Itten in there but you need someone to collect the ball and get things going from there.

Anybody could replace Kent just now he’s a waste of a jersey.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Too difficult to tell. I thought originally at the goal it looked a bit offside but I think McFadden was spot on there.

You really need to have it in line to see if Itten's foot is past Gallagher's shoulder.

Plus fuck it, we've been on the end of missed offsides this season like Hibs away.

1 minute ago, The Blues said:

We are not as good as we think we are......the stalling at zero pace in front of the packed defence was our big problem last season. Stevie needs to work on this. 

15 wins then 1 draw 

You think we’re going to just keep winning every game?

Points will be dropped at some point fs 

Poor display today, we had enough chances but far too ordinary in our attempts at goal 

It worries me a wee bit, normally when your rivals give you some encouragement it goes one of 2 ways, it either fires you up to go and be ruthless and punish them, or they think, that’s even more points we are ahead we can afford to relax

I hope this team of ours, that have so much still to prove don’t think like that, it’s just scary we don’t look as if we have a spring in our step whenever that mob drop points, if our players have been as embarrassed as us fans over the last few years, I personally don’t know how they wouldn’t be thinking like that and destroy these tarrier bastards 9 an a half title dream as quickly as possible

im not being overly critical but because if we sneaked that at the end we would all be saying that’s the sign of champions, the difference here is that didn’t happen today and today can be described as a sign of throwing yourself under a bus like the tarriers have been doing since Dubai

better required Rangers!

In games like today I do think we miss Jack, Arfield and Roofe as they have an intensity about them that Aribo, Kamara and Hagi just don't have.

We really need to pump Ross County and put on a performance next game!

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

We aren't going from now to May without dropping a point. 

That point means we keep 12points clear with another game gone. 

We should've won it on the 2nd half chances 

We’re 21 points clear. Until celtic win all 3 games in hand which I absolutely don’t see happening then pretending we’re only 12 clear is a nonsense. They are diabolical.

We’ve drawn a game. Calm down.

Archived